The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
I think a big part was the West Ham formation... 5 at the back allows space in midfield and City dominated it. Less so in the second half when they switched to a 4
Interesting to see how Man United stack against them. They haven't played a great team yet. Will be interesting to see if Mourinho goes for the high press. We played City in a friendly one week before the season start. We used a high press and City totally crumbled as their keepers couldn't deal with the ball and they gave in away at the back. A decent press left them stretched and their defence exposed. We scored 3 but weren't clinical.

Mourinho never does the high press though it wouldn't surprise me against Guardiola. Else he could go the Klopp route, drop Ibra and overload the final third with pace. This means that Martial, Rashford, Mkhitaryan could start as Guardiola leaves his central defenders to deal one on one. Klopp did this against Guardiola as Reus, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan ripped them a new one 0-3 at the Allianz.

Hard to say he improved Bayern, they were European champions when he joined... they wasn't when he left or throughout his reign.
They dominated the Bundesliga in a manner never seen. Guardiola never had the luck in the champions league with Bayern. It is a knockout competition. Lots of great teams fail to win it.

Can't see Aguero getting away with that swing at Reid with all the media on it. And the Utd and Chelsea fans tweeting the FA about it also.

fellaini.PNG

The correct answer would be Luis Suarez. The dirty, horrible, Uruguayan hounded out the Country from the day he arrived.

He'd get a 9 month ban for what Augero the *** did today.

Don't see how he escapes a retrospective ban for that.

The correct answer would be Luis Suarez. The dirty, horrible, Uruguayan hounded out the Country from the day he arrived.

I have to agree. While bizarre, biting like Suarez did was virtually harmless. I'd rather be bitten than have both my legs broken by Diego Costa.

True, but to be fair didn't Liverpool fans have enough with him in the end? :p As in quit even attempting to defend him, lol.

Having finally seen it if Aguero isn't banned it is ridiculous. You just have to look at his hand he clenched his fist to get power behind his elbowing of Reid where as if he was doing it for balance or to try and feel where Reid was he wouldn't clench it

This is an awesome thread. Loads of discussions between people who dont support Man City!!

He would get a ban, but he wasn't hounded out the country.

I was pretty much thinking the same. The opportunity to experience a new culture, both on and off the pitch, is always a comendable thing for anyone. When that's not money orientated, and a guy just wants to play (which is such a simple thing that should be a given but sadly isn't in today's money game with too many), it speaks even higher of him.

I agree with what you guys are saying and I think it's the right thing to do for his career and England future. But he's only going there as City are going to be paying his full wages.

Back