The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
But the quality of the actual strike? Whether the player fluffs it from 6 yards or sends a rocket into the top corner
I meant the quality of the chance rather than the strike. Bravo is conceding 42.6% of shots on target. This is an astronomical rate. A half decent keeper has a chance of saving all of those strikes.

I meant the quality of the chance rather than the strike. Bravo is conceding 42.6% of shots on target. This is an astronomical rate. A half decent keeper has a chance of saving all of those strikes.

Yeah that was my point, that it rates the chance and not the strike

So for any individual shot, a keeper may be sold short by xG - as Bravo may have been today - or alternatively, made to look much better. It would balance out in the long run, and 42.6% is not a pretty number

Yeah that was my point, that it rates the chance and not the strike

So for any individual shot, a keeper may be sold short by xG - as Bravo may have been today - or alternatively, made to look much better. It would balance out in the long run, and 42.6% is not a pretty number
All of those strikes would have been saved by a top keeper. The Lukaku goal was embarrassing. If he doesn't move, the ball hits him. He dives away from the ball and lets it run over his hand.

Any half decent keeper has got to be saving most of his one on ones.

This is a disaster for Guardiola in the sense that the media will feel that their criticisms of his methods are vindicated. Sure City weren't great today but xG shows the game was 50/50. The method is good but Bravo is the weak link. So many games City would have won with a better keeper. I think City got Bravo at the wrong time. He's 33 and was bought mid decline.

All of those strikes would have been saved by a top keeper. The Lukaku goal was embarrassing. If he doesn't move, the ball hits him. He dives away from the ball and lets it run over his hand.

He moves to cover the ball and set his feet. Ball out wide, keeper moves towards cover the near post, (same position hes in for the last one - the correct place) he just gets caught by the first time hit and he shuffles into the correct position as the pass gets played in. He's not diving away. watch it again, moving 2 shuffles right, shot hit back across his low left.

If he doesn't move hes stood at the post as the ball is played into the pen spot. lol.

EDIT: Defending Bravo, wat the **** am i doing? #properclown

Last edited:
Probably in the wrong place this post, with this being a City thread, but with all the talk of 'keepers using their feet with Bravo & co., and me even taking the mick of it a little bit, I've realised more and more this season how good De Gea actually is with his feet - his distribution and composure is top drawer for a keeper.

Still doesn't change my view on someone signing a keeper almost solely on his ability to use his feet. Lol

Probably in the wrong place this post, with this being a City thread, but with all the talk of 'keepers using their feet with Bravo & co., and me even taking the mick of it a little bit, I've realised more and more this season how good De Gea actually is with his feet - his distribution and composure is top drawer for a keeper.

Still doesn't change my view on someone signing a keeper almost solely on his ability to use his feet. Lol

i'd love to think, that with all players moving to the prem the 6m-1y usually sucks and he'll get better but nah **** him hes *****. :)

Bravo has historically been a great shot stopper. I think that he's just been signed mid decline.

MailOnline Sport– Verified account ‏@MailSport

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Manchester City shell out record £175,000 for 13-YEAR-OLD Southend defender Finley Burns: Manchester City spend £175,000 on 13-year-old defender | Daily Mail Online

Should i be happy we looked so much better than last week, or call the ref a blind ***** lol.

#welcomejesus :)

I thought Pep had totally lost his mind after seeing the lineup and the tactics he employed. To go all out attack against this Spurs side seemed suicidal. But City should of gotten 3 points if it wasn't for a boneheaded ref.

I thought Pep had totally lost his mind after seeing the lineup and the tactics he employed. To go all out attack against this Spurs side seemed suicidal. But City should of gotten 3 points if it wasn't for a boneheaded ref.
Pep has employed the 2-3-5 on many occasions and it made sense. Spurs played the back 3 at the Emirates and looked exposed. We looked like scoring each time we faced the back 3 and bypassed the Spurs Full Backs. Zabaleta and Clichy were extremely narrow to maximise ball recoveries and win the ball back, while Yaya did very well as a lone pivot.

Welcome Jesus. enjoy the weather.

Love that assist for the first, lovely pass :)

Am I the only one surprised about the silence on Aguero's rapid decline? He's becoming like Wayne Rooney now. He's quickly been losing it. He's physically losing that edge and his all round play has gone. Last year, I'd have had him top 5 but now he's totally lost it.

Played 22 scored 18 this season in all comps is losing it? Christ.

(11 in 14 for the Prem alone).

Same issue with everyone else, constantly changing system and support, and yet still has the strike rate above. and 6 in last 10 games either side of his ban. He'll be fine.

Played 22 scored 18 this season in all comps is losing it? Christ.

(11 in 14 for the Prem alone).

Same issue with everyone else, constantly changing system and support, and yet still has the strike rate above. and 6 in last 10 games either side of his ban. He'll be fine.
17 in 21 starts for City to be accurate. Most of those were stat padded at the start of the season e.g. Champions league qualifiers. Scored in 7 matches since the end of August.

17 in 21 starts for City to be accurate. Most of those were stat padded at the start of the season e.g. Champions league qualifiers. Scored in 7 matches since the end of August.
His all round play has completely gone. Jesus has definitely been bought to replace him.

View attachment 107330

You can see here he stat padded at the start of the season. Look at all of the games that he's failed to score. 1 solitary assists and he hasn't been high in the chance creation stats. Not like he's dropping deeper and providing vertical ball progression i.e. Alexis. He's finished imo. Been watching him. He has no all round play anymore and there are better poachers around.

Back