The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Luckily, Gabriel Jesus might even be better. I have no doubts Guardiola is considering shipping Aguero out. Precisely why Jesus has been bought.

Played : 13
Scored in : 7
Total Goals : 8

Since August in the prem. In the some of the shocking **** storms we've put in is still decent. He's totally isolated in the bigger games when Pep wants loaded midfield.

Luckily he's been avoided the press jumping in due to both fullbacks and usually Otamendi making a ****** **** of things on the pitch in big games. I'd be surprised if he went before his contract with up but it wouldn't be "SHOCKING!!!! OMG WTF!" or unthinkable as it once was with the way he/Pep seem to want to play as it looks in some games.

It may just be time / players around him, once the team is settled / confident / flowing he's likely to increase that rate which is still a goal every two. (if hes doesnt kick anyone :p)

wkd plz dont start a stat war with him you will never hear the end of it

wkd plz dont start a stat war with him you will never hear the end of it

I see his point, Aguero has looked off it, but its stop/starts on bans&injures. Team in constant chop/change. His stats show when the team was settled and in full flow so was Aguero.

I wouldn't call time on a player hitting a goal every two yet regardless. KDB/Aguero both been poor (well worse) since new year the main creator and scorer. No coincidence.

Last edited:
I wonder if Pep would be prepared to cash in on Augero given he'll be pushing 30 next year (not that 29's old at all but relative) and injury prone if say a Greizmann was to become available?

City are going to get younger across the board and as crazy as it may seem to some, you could see Augero being a part of that cull.

I wonder if Pep would be prepared to cash in on Augero given he'll be pushing 30 next year (not that 29's old at all but relative) and injury prone if say a Greizmann was to become available?

City are going to get younger across the board and as crazy as it may seem to some, you could see Augero being a part of that cull.

Back to athletico in swan song swap for Griezmann.. (just for the lols, and meltdown of United/Arsenal fans) :p

I see his point, Aguero has looked off it, but its stop/starts on bans&injures. Team in constant chop/change.

I wouldn't call time on a player hitting a goal every two yet regardless. KDB/Aguero both been poor (well worse) since new year the main creator and scorer. No coincidence.
Most of his goals have been in few games, especially at season start hence the stat padding. Best team he's scored against are a Gladbach side in turmoil. He hasn't been reminiscent of a world class striker this season. Seems like Rooney. Wouldn't shock me to say Jesus displace him soon.

..... Wouldn't shock me to say Jesus displace him soon.

If there is any questions over Augero being on the table the summer, that could well make up the players mind if Jesus ends the year ahed of him in Pep's developing City side.

All hypothetical as Augero's still a top class #9. But it's certainly a valid point of discussion at City.

Back to athletico in swan song swap for Griezmann.. (just for the lols, and meltdown of United/Arsenal fans) :p
Would be a waste imo. City could get the best young wide forwards on earth (Mbappe/Lemar/Silva/Brandt).

Most of his goals have been in few games, especially at season start hence the stat padding. Best team he's scored against are a Gladbach side in turmoil. He hasn't been reminiscent of a world class striker this season. Seems like Rooney. Wouldn't shock me to say Jesus displace him soon.

His decline has gone hand in hand with the form of the whole team. Be an interesting summer for us.

Would be a waste imo. City could get the best young wide forwards on earth (Mbappe/Lemar/Silva/Brandt).

Greizmann was a joke (Scouse got it at least :p)

So long as he doesn't go out with a European Cup!

You lads having a boss weekend in an absolutely boss City at still my favourite 'foreign' stadium in May is a prospect I'm trying NOT to think about!

His decline has gone hand in hand with the form of the whole team. Be an interesting summer for us.

Greizmann was a joke (Scouse got it at least :p)
Do recognise it's a joke but a squad clear out is needed. Kolarov, Clichy, Hart, Caballerio, Yaya, Fernando, Zabaleta, Delph and maybe Aguero + Kompany are all surplus to requirements. City need new full back asap. A few picks of mine would be William Carvalho, Emerson, Hysaj, Ederson and Mbappe.

Would be beautiful to see Pep try and snag Ainsley Maitland-Niles while Arsene's manager. He's a Swiss army knife like Joshua Kimmich. Would be beautiful under Pep.

Do recognise it's a joke but a squad clear out is needed. Kolarov, Clichy, Hart, Caballerio, Yaya, Fernando, Zabaleta, Delph and maybe Aguero + Kompany are all surplus to requirements. City need new full back asap. A few picks of mine would be William Carvalho, Emerson, Hysaj, Ederson and Mbappe.

The real frightening thing is they have the finances to take care of that with the best coach in World football already in place. (IMHO.).

Of the other 5 in the top 6, City when Guardiola get's it right, and he will, scare me WAY more than anyone.

But then I still think if you finish above City this season you'll win the league which isn't a popular shared view so ignore me.

Would be beautiful to see Pep try and snag Ainsley Maitland-Niles while Arsene's manager. He's a Swiss army knife like Joshua Kimmich. Would be beautiful under Pep.

Big fan of Wiegl as well, Pep

The real frightening thing is they have the finances to take care of that with the best coach in World football already in place. (IMHO.).

Of the other 5 in the top 6, City when Guardiola get's it right, and he will, scare me WAY more than anyone.

But then I still think if you finish above City this season you'll win the league which isn't a popular shared view so ignore me.

We do but are there any that can walk and settle into a Pep team asap when you have to replace a 1/3rd of a squad?

He's seemingly turned down Bayern's advances twice already FWIW.

Maybe he's a Dortmund fan? Lol.

At the ages of Robben / Ribery now. His release clause coming up, Bayern might have a 1st team spot to offer now against previous i would have thought.

Meh, awesome German rookie wingers are popping up every season at the min, just get the next one in the queue

Back