The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
I know, being a *****. Forgive me.

Man, this is getting horrible. British media going to have a field day.

Just as i typed, the ricochet drops Stone in it.. for once doesnt **** about, smacks it.. and bang back of the net anyway. Christ XD

There's problems at Manchester City, but John Stones' isn't one

He is defo one of them. But not the biggest!

You think? I think he has all the ability, tidy, good in the tackle, a bit of nativity with decision making but nothing that can't be ironed out with coaching and experience. I think he will only get better and mould into a real Pep Guardiola player, what I'd be worried about, what's that old saying? Can't treat an old dog new tricks? I think that's a good simile in this situation, with what's around him. That's the real problem.

You think? I think he has all the ability, tidy, good in the tackle, a bit of nativity with decision making but nothing that can't be ironed out with coaching and experience. I think he will only get better and mould into a real Pep Guardiola player, what I'd be worried about, what's that old saying? Can't treat an old dog new tricks? I think that's a good simile in this situation, with what's around him. That's the real problem.

Stones the least of the worries with the back four. Otamendi although a high risk cb when it works, is a complete liability when diving in so Stones has to watch him, with Yaya not having the legs (or motivation) to get back.

As well as cover, Kolorov or Clichy as left back, both of whom should be taken out the back and shot. So Stones is covering two of his own players before he even looks where the opposition is going.

The way the team is at the min, as season in the Europa league with more games of just under CL quality might go a new back 3 out of 4 (at least) a long way by season end, but too much money in the CL to drop out anymore.

I don't doubt his ability, he's clearly shown it at times. He will get better with age I'm sure. But all these mistakes must be killing him mentally. Listen to some of his interviews sometimes he sounds ignorant/cocky than confident. I'm 50/50 atm on him becoming top class. Pep has a lot of work. City have some quality but a lot of average and aging players also.

16 goals of last 25 shots on target at Bravo - **** me.

16 goals of last 25 shots on target at Bravo - **** me.
Man City conceded 1.1 xG today and he conceded 4. His shot stopping is shocking. City had Rulli this summer and decided to ship him to Sociedad to keep Bravo. That's a shocking decision that could cost City the title. The premier league top 6 are on track to collectively see the largest points total ever. Every top 6 team has been very good this season. City would be close, if not at the top of the table if they had a decent shot stopper.

Man City conceded 1.1 xG today and he conceded 4. His shot stopping is shocking. City had Rulli this summer and decided to ship him to Sociedad to keep Bravo. That's a shocking decision that could cost City the title. The premier league top 6 are on track to collectively see the largest points total ever. Every top 6 team has been very good this season. City would be close, if not at the top of the table if they had a decent shot stopper.

Not much he could have done with those at him today, but all other time, yeah **** keeper. Not a fan.

Not much he could have done with those at him today, but all other time, yeah **** keeper. Not a fan.
That was 1.1 expected goals. Those chances looked a better quality than they were. Bravo starts diving away from the ball from the first Lukaku goal when the shot comes from the edge of the box. It slips past his hand. That's one he should save. The Mirallas shot was from a wide angle. Not even sure the odds were even up to 20%. The third goal from Davies is from a poor angle. Bravo rushes out unnecessarily and is too easily chipped. The last from Lookman is slightly wide and goes straight through his legs.

That was 1.1 expected goals. Those chances looked a better quality than they were. Bravo starts diving away from the ball from the first Lukaku goal when the shot comes from the edge of the box. It slips past his hand. That's one he should save. The Mirallas shot was from a wide angle. Not even sure the odds were even up to 20%. The third goal from Davies is from a poor angle. Bravo rushes out unnecessarily and is too easily chipped. The last from Lookman is slightly wide and goes straight through his legs.

First two, no keeper was saving. Lukaku is low shot 12yrds out in the wet, Mirallas just a quality finish.
3rd maybe, rushing out would have been fine if he was quicker..
Last is just a good hit, low in the wet.

I' hate bravo but he wasn't to blame for all today. Clichy gets two, Yaya gets one, and Stones (with a ****** up ricochet) gets the last. The mistakes were made before he was in postition. Tracking runners ****** him. Defence/Cover was static

First two, no keeper was saving. Lukaku is low shot 12yrds out in the wet, Mirallas just a quality finish.
3rd maybe, rushing out would have been fine if he was quicker..
Last is just a good hit, low in the wet.

I' hate bravo but he wasn't to blame for all today. Clichy gets two, Yaya gets one, and Stones (with a ****** up ricochet) gets the last. The mistakes were made before he was in postition. Tracking runners ****** him. Defence/Cover was static
An expected goals model says 1.1. The majority of chances a payer 'should have scored' aren't high probability in reality.

If yers were gonna' implode SO spectacularly yers could of let Lukaku get all 4 for the sake of my fantasy team!

Frigging inconsiderate Manc ......

An expected goals model says 1.1. The majority of chances a payer 'should have scored' aren't high probability in reality.

The one issue with expected goals is that it doesn't take into account the quality of the shot taken, which means it may have been harsh on Bravo. I haven't seen the game though so I'm not sure how saveable or otherwise the goals were

The one issue with expected goals is that it doesn't take into account the quality of the shot taken, which means it may have been harsh on Bravo. I haven't seen the game though so I'm not sure how saveable or otherwise the goals were
Expected goals measures shot quality. It's based upon the speed of attack, shot location, type of assists (cross, header etc) and number of opp players in the box.

Claudio Bravo is great with his feet, but is is awful actually facing the ball. He should done better on 2 of the goals for sure.

Expected goals measures shot quality. It's based upon the speed of attack, shot location, type of assists (cross, header etc) and number of opp players in the box.

But the quality of the actual strike? Whether the player fluffs it from 6 yards or sends a rocket into the top corner

Claudio Bravo is great with his feet, but is is awful actually facing the ball. He should done better on 2 of the goals for sure.
He saves the first one if he doesn't move. The majority of 1 on 1s aren't even scored.

Back