The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Both these Monaco FB's whip brilliant balls in. Just neither are too clever at the defending thing.

This could be a cricket score.

Sky Sports for City's goal: "Was it offside? Doesn't matter, the ref says it stands"

They're now discussing the non-penalty like its the biggest injustice in Manchester since Deidre was sent down. :))))))

More terrible defending. 1 ball either end and both sides are clean through. This is beyond comical.

Good composure from the young lad like.

What a superb half of football. Mainly down to both teams defending like a bunch of under 9 schoolgirls but man is it exciting.

3 brilliant goals. A clear penalty scandalously given the other way. Clearance off the line. And a zillion other chances in between.

Wonderful. More of the same please.

Have to say I'm impressed with Bernardo Silva. Really silky moves. I can see why people are saying he's similar to Mata but with more pace. But I'm not sure about his off the ball movement Mata has.

Great game so far.

What a superb half of football. Mainly down to both teams defending like a bunch of under 9 schoolgirls but man is it exciting.

3 brilliant goals. A clear penalty scandalously given the other way. Clearance off the line. And a zillion other chances in between.

Wonderful. More of the same please.

Seems doesnt matter the competition, a ref will be the turning point..

but **** me, some league one defending.. both got quick strikers, so both play a high line and miss the first ball.. lol.

Honest to god I know it's becoming a cliche to say how ***** at defending Stones is but seriously how ***** at defending is he. Otamendi will get blamed for that second goal but Mbappe just spins away from Stones like ***** nilly.

Honest to god I know it's becoming a cliche to say how ***** at defending Stones is but seriously how ***** at defending is he. Otamendi will get blamed for that second goal but Mbappe just spins away from Stones like ***** nilly.

Its only a cliche due them blaming him for all when others were to obvs to blame, but today you're spot on.

Just watched the first goal and people might say it was good movement from Falcao but how's Stones letting Falcao get a run on him from his blind side whilst he's too busy ball watching. Pep won't win a thing without decent defenders.

City are REALLY bad at targeting central defenders

is there an English centre half that can defend? Stones is ahite. Smallimgs ***** but has far better protection behind and in front of him. Cahill's another that gets bailed out by teammates so his mistakes aren't costly.

Serious dirth of English centre backs of any real quality right now.

Just watched the first goal and people might say it was good movement from Falcao but how's Stones letting Falcao get a run on him from his blind side whilst he's too busy ball watching. Pep won't win a thing without decent defenders.

Coz the fullback is behind him, he either picks him up or gives his cb a shout he isnt. He did neither

is there an English centre half that can defend? Stones is ahite. Smallimgs ***** but has far better protection behind and in front of him. Cahill's another that gets bailed out by teammates so his mistakes aren't costly.

Serious dirth of English centre backs of any real quality right now.
All this bollocks about being good on the ball aint worth **** if you're lacking the basics. Although I have been impressed with Ben Gibson of Middlesborough this season he has been excellent.

I think British football in general lack quality domestic players. When Smalling is your best defender and Lallana best midfielder, you know you're done something bad. Also Kane looks like a downgrade from other English strikers from last 20 years or so.

Back