The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Coz the fullback is behind him, he either picks him up or gives his cb a shout he isnt. He did neither
That's what I thought as well but re-watch the goal, he doesn't even look once to see who's on his blind side and were here talking about basic communication between fullback and Centreback.

Not sure why City are complaining there. Another stonewall penalty resulting from yet more terrible defending.

And its missed after all that lol. Poor penalty.

is there an English centre half that can defend? Stones is ahite. Smallimgs ***** but has far better protection behind and in front of him. Cahill's another that gets bailed out by teammates so his mistakes aren't costly.

Serious dirth of English centre backs of any real quality right now.

I won't debate about Smalling, I accept we have different opinions. But a fit Phil Jones?

I think British football in general lack quality domestic players. When Smalling is your best defender and Lallana best midfielder, you know you're done something bad. Also Kane looks like a downgrade from other English strikers from last 20 years or so.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt about Lallana because he has been dogshite apart from this season but that was mainly down to him being played out of position and Klopp probably sitting him down and telling him to stop taking 100 touches on the ball. However Kane is magnificent, watch the guy play and he has everything in his game to reach the highest level. Even more of a credit to him because he's slower than a paraplegic tortoise.

All this bollocks about being good on the ball aint worth **** if you're lacking the basics. Although I have been impressed with Ben Gibson of Middlesborough this season he has been excellent.

There is some hope in the younger lads. The lad at Burnley looks solid. (Although Middlesbrough and Burnley being so defensive helps.). The young lad who's name escapes me at Everton looks real promising and we know the similar great potential of Gomez.

But the senior Internationals forget it.

Kane's an odd one though, looks a world beater for Spurs, but usually the worst player in a three lions shirt when stepping up to International level.

That's what I thought as well but re-watch the goal, he doesn't even look once to see who's on his blind side and were here talking about basic communication between fullback and Centreback.

Exact point, Stones will get the blame though. Sagna can see them both and should have the experience to call it, or move. Our entire back fours communication is gash.

Kane's an odd one though, looks a world beater for Spurs, but usually the worst player in a three lions shirt when stepping up to International level.

FM Striker - smashes 8 shots into a defenders shin or over. still bags 2 & gets MOM. :lol

There is some hope in the younger lads. The lad at Burnley looks solid. (Although Middlesbrough and Burnley being so defensive helps.). The young lad who's name escapes me at Everton looks real promising and we know the similar great potential of Gomez.

But the senior Internationals forget it.
Utd do have some top young English CBs if you've watched our youth. RoShaun, Warren, Tuanzebe have been fantastic.

Excellent play from £terling. Credit where it's due. But what shocking keeping. Deary me.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt about Lallana because he has been dogshite apart from this season but that was mainly down to him being played out of position and Klopp probably sitting him down and telling him to stop taking 100 touches on the ball. However Kane is magnificent, watch the guy play and he has everything in his game to reach the highest level. Even more of a credit to him because he's slower than a paraplegic tortoise.

Every L'pool player is playing badly now. However he was in great form till recently. Kane is good. Probably Englands best player. Still nowhere as good as Shearer or Rooney. But he's hardly Englands biggest problem, if any at all.

What a ******* game!

Utd do have some top young English CBs if you've watched our youth. RoShaun, Warren, Tuanzebe have been fantastic.

Tosin Adarabioyo - although prob off to Everton.. lol.

EDIT: and heres me defending the daft *******.. why go down there? dumbass.

awful awful sorry but thats just inexcusable defending from Stones.

Back