The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
I'd say Sterling's 3 consecutive last minute winners was sign of it ending Scouse!

Take nothing away from City, they are grinding out the results which is all you can do.

I was thinking if West Ham did get a result against you today it wouldn't of been a must not lose for United in the derby.

Now I think United really can not lose and need the win pretty much. If we can win then a 5 point margin at this stage is nothing. Big if obviously. Even a draw isn't the end of anything yet.

Personally, I can't see City not winning the league. But we're still far from ruled out. You thought you had a chance of overturning Chelsea in the long haul when they were 6 points ahead around Xmas time last year too, so you can't fault Zz for having a similar mentality 12 months down the line, Scouse.

Not the way Utd play the vast majority of the time under him. So who's challenging?

Us and Chelsea I wouldn't totally rule out.

Say what you like about City but they are stumbling over the line in games to get results a lot lately with late winners.

It's not going to be easy, but this is Premier League so don't rule anything out.

If only United didn't score late on Leicester & Spurs, we coulda been 12 clear before the derby :D :D :D

Personally, I can't see City not winning the league. But we're still far from ruled out. You thought you had a chance of overturning Chelsea in the long haul when they were 6 points ahead around Xmas time last year too, so you can't fault Zz for having a similar mentality 12 months down the line, Scouse.

We were last seasons City but major injuries did us. Klopp's the closest to Guardiola in playing to attack and win everywhere we go. Taking Utd as their 'current' nearest challengers he (Mourinho) doesn't set out like that. He plays to win in a completely different way that can't keep pace with a Guardiola side in full flow.

This City side isn't last years Chelsea. It's FAR better than that.

Scouse... You do realise Mourinho has managed to win La Ligas against Peps Barca. We're talking the best Barça team we've arguably ever seen.

Btw WKD, scoring in 70th min Vs Leicester isn't late!

Us and Chelsea I wouldn't totally rule out. ....

I wouldn't rule out either side, along with Arsenal, L'pool and Tottenham, for 2 through 4 either. :P.

Which is what I thought in the summer and I've seen little to change my opinion. 5 sides on a similar level and one street's ahead.

But you don't even agree that they're one of, if not the best side in PL history to this point on the season so we'll agree to disagree and see where everyone is come May.

Best side in PL history LOL, of course I don't agree. They have had a good start to a PL season but they are no where near achieving what some of the best PL teams have. It's not even a debate atm.

Now I know you've not got a reading problem z. And I presume you aren't drunk.

So we'll just pretend you didn't take what you wanted from that and not flip what was wrote and carry on like you never replied.

Invincibles, Jose's Chelsea, United when dominating the PL & kings of Europe in the late noughties... City have quite a bit to go to be in that conversation. But it's a good start.

Better record than any other team at this stage of the season ever, points & GD wise, so between us and the 2nd place best start...

Us in 2011/12 :p

Last edited:
Better record than any other team at this stage of the season ever, points & GD wise, so between us and the 2nd place best start...

Only the 'Spurs '60/'61 side has had as good a start in the history of English football. And City have a better goal difference them then.

Don't know why you'd want to find fault here. Wonderful, wonderful side.

Yes and take nothing away from that but it's not an achievement until you actually win something.

If someone else pips you to the title, no one will ever think back to a team being great due to a good start.

They already did it, its been achieved... record stands. they don't take it away. lol. christ.

Back