The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Man City front six this season: 47 goals, 38 assists. Newcastle United front six this season: 8 goals, 4 assists.

Man City XI: Ederson, Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Zinchenko, De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling, Aguero, Sane.

Aguero triple captain this week ;)

Shoulda had a couple more, i think he hit the post. Sterling hit the post as well, and KDB missed a sitter (for him, 18yrd pass in the bottom corner, wide of the post).

Keepers dropped a couple, but i think he's prob bored as **** after last week.

[FONT=&quot]Man City’s David Silva has won his past 23 club games in all competitions, the longest run of any league player since the league began in 1888. [/FONT]

On the plus side you never had the VAR farce debating it or else you'd still be playing the first half now!

Warnock on that challenge

"They dished it out a bit, they had one or two naughty tackles.
"He (Guardiola) is in England, what do you expect?
"I suppose when you're like that, you want everything to be nice, pretty and perfect," said Warnock.
"But you don't get that here, you get different challenges."
A) It's a really bad tackle that no one should expect and should have been a red and B) As I'm pedantic he was technically in Wales at the time, would have though Warnock would know where his team plays

Warnock clearly not spotting a difference in leg breakers, and hard tackles anymore. :p

Hard Tackle - Ball, Man
Leg Breaker - Studs, Leg, Ball? What Ball?

On the plus side

In two and a half years, City have gone from

Hart-> Ederson
Zabaleta ->Walker
Demichelis -> Stones
Mangala -> Laporte
Kolarov -> Mendy
Toure -> De Bruyne
Fernandinho
Silva
Milner -> Sterling
Navas ->Sane
Agüero

View attachment 68155

Last edited:
With Sanes bad ligament injury, I bet Pep would of killed for Sanchez now.

Obviously we're all wiser after but that could be a big blow to your CL campaign... Won't go as far as to say it will impact the PL!

I doubt Pep really wanted Sanchez that much. You can mock him for excessive spending but he builds his squad for the longterm.
A 30 year old primaddona with obscene wage demands probably doesn't fit into his plans.

Manchester City are spending fast before UEFA create Financial Fair Play 2.0 to try and slow down the City project again. [Martin Samuel, Daily Mail]

I doubt Pep really wanted Sanchez that much. You can mock him for excessive spending but he builds his squad for the longterm.
A 30 year old primaddona with obscene wage demands probably doesn't fit into his plans.

They wanted him in the summer, would of got him if arsenal found a replacement.

Back