The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Up to the rest to catch City. Can only see us competing money wise. But that don’t mean anything on the pitch. And can’t see City getting by much. Already at a top level.

I've been pretty disappointed at how teams have approached City this season... that includes United as well... intact we were the glowing example of how not to play Pep at OT.

Honestly, we just sat back, let them have all the space in midfield and then wonder why we lost? When will teams at least learn that it doesn't ****** work and be adventurous... try something different! A few teams have tbf and tried to make it more difficult for you in the midfield and not letting you control the game totally.

More frustratingly we scored 2 goals from like 3 chances in whole game.

Take nothing away from City but I just can't see how they can get to a higher level next season. But at the same time I can't see how opponents are going to adapt to change the inevitable either, sadly.

Don't think it'll matter we have a player who can pick a pass or cross in pretty much any position. All of the front 6 can also finish.

Only Liverpool executed how to stop it perfectly and even then only for 80mins. Over a season, not enough teams, and no kolorov/bravo to drop needed points every other game..

Kaveh Solhekol
@SkyKaveh

Deal off. Manchester City give up on trying to sign Riyad Mahrez from Leicester City. Made four bids. Believe team mates unhappy with the way, the player tried to force the move. Leicester wanted a package of £95m+ player City would only offer £65m +player. Pep said City won’t be held for inflated prices.

WTF do Leicester City think they are? £95 million is massively inflating his value. Then they want a player on top? Cheeky bastards.

Fair play to City for walking away for the second time this window when fee's got scandalous.

More fool Leicester for now having to reintegrate a player who wanted to leave into a reported very unhappy changies.

Good on Leicester. The whole point is that the didn't want to sell. Why should smaller clubs always bow to the bigger ones

Good on Leicester. The whole point is that the didn't want to sell. Why should smaller clubs always bow to the bigger ones

**** right, they held all the cards and the player. Try get as much as you can when the big boys come in. 95+player sounds like FM "**** off dialogue" :D

Id have gone for Redmond personally.

Last edited:
What's with you and Redmond mate?? I've seeing this post everywhere :D

What's with you and Redmond mate?? I've seeing this post everywhere :D

I stick to my opinion, weird in football threads i know. but we need some to stretch the play on the left with sane down. he'll do, surely less than 65mil would swing him... #maybe :p

[FONT=&quot]Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Laporte, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, D. Silva, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Aguero, Sterling[/FONT]

**** right, they held all the cards and the player. Try get as much as you can when the big boys come in. 95+player sounds like FM "**** off dialogue" :D

Id have gone for Redmond personally.

Exactly. Leicester aren't here to be reasonable or nice to City.

Redmond would be great

Liverpool virtually done the same thing with Coutinho lol. They didn't want to sell him, but if Barca were willing to meet the ridiculously inflated demands, then they would've & did accept.

Liverpool virtually done the same thing with Coutinho lol. They didn't want to sell him, but if Barca were willing to meet the ridiculously inflated demands, then they would've & did accept.

That's twice you've had the lad put in a transfer request. He's by all accounts not turned up for training yesterday. Not made the trip to Everton today. His teammates are reported to be fuming.

Phil tried his ***** twice. Went on strike twice. Made his positional untenable and got moved on to save the second half the year going South through unrest.

More fool Leicester for still keeping a lad in that situation risking blowing the whole season up. After they let Kante and Drinkwater have their big money moves. There's making a financial point and there's being stupid to spite yourselves.

Can't be understated just how integral a changing room is to the whole football club.

Gonna' be a heck of a battle for POTY between him, Kane and Salah.

His pass for the first, was through 4 players 30 yrds was brilliant but now in the "yeah its KDB, he can do that" category.

Got his goal, after McLean tried to break him in two..

Win at Burnley on sat. 18 points clear before the rest kick off..

You say that like there was ever any doubt this year before the season even kicked off where the title was heading.

You say that like there was ever any doubt this year before the season even kicked off where the title was heading.

Shhh i'm still basking... :D

This was the tackle on Diaz had me screaming at the box. Hes on the halfway line here going nowere..

https://twitter.com/Beardamendi/status/958819511695826945

[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/MCFCLens/status/958815342897369089 - Mclean misses his though[/FONT]

Last edited:
Back