The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Absolute joke no action taken against Pep or Aguero!
Pep definitely, Aguero less so, after all he was provoked, that said if Cantona can get done for hitting out at a fan then so can he. He is only human but as a professional footballer he is in the public eye and needs to be able to turn the other cheek and not be drawn into conflict.

Pep definitely, Aguero less so, after all he was provoked, that said if Cantona can get done for hitting out at a fan then so can he. He is only human but as a professional footballer he is in the public eye and needs to be able to turn the other cheek and not be drawn into conflict.
Getting provoked doesn’t make it right. I’ve been in trouble myself a couple of times for retaliation and that’s how it should be.

Yeah, if I had to guess what happened, it's something like this.

Cook went to take a leak so he ends up walking out late and surrounded by City team. They start trading some light bants, Pep being Pep has different concept of personal space than a 50 year old, proper hard Brexit Englishman like Cook. Cook understandably feels a little threatened and out-manned, so he overreacts, then everybody else overreacts and suddenly it's all handbags out.

It doesn't look pretty but I'd bet my money that the whole thing would already blow over if media weren't trying to milk it.

Getting provoked doesn’t make it right. I’ve been in trouble myself a couple of times for retaliation and that’s how it should be.
No it doesn't make it right but you can understand why he reacted like he did. Going by what seems to be reported City players and their manager can do no wrong anyone else and a ban would be the least of their worries.

Cook went to take a leak so he ends up walking out late and surrounded by City team. They start trading some light bants, Pep being Pep has different concept of personal space than a 50 year old, proper hard Brexit Englishman like Cook. Cook understandably feels a little threatened and out-manned, so he overreacts, then everybody else overreacts and suddenly it's all handbags out.

It doesn't look pretty but I'd bet my money that the whole thing would already blow over if media weren't trying to milk it.

OI! Scouse not English. And we 100% voted to stay.

Carry on.

I think mate you are the one taking the leak... No manager, player or fan should be seen to be doing what occurred at that match. It is possible worse occurred in the tunnel before the TV cameras appearedin the past (we will never know on that) but ultimately this is not what football needs.

OI! Scouse not English. And we 100% voted to stay.

Carry on.

Well then that explains everything. During the week City went to Basel where everyone spoke perfect English, then they had to travel abroad to speak foreign language that nobody understands.

Well then that explains everything. During the week City went to Basel where everyone spoke perfect English, then they had to travel abroad to speak foreign language that nobody understands.
What you need a passport to go to Wigan now. I'll stay here,not that it's easy getting out of the East we have one road in and one out, but at least it keeps all but the most determined strangers away.....

I beg to differ Scouse only 58% of Merseyside voted in (Liverpool was even less convincing with 51%).

We're both getting mixed up. I mixed up the clean sweep for Labour the City the GE with the prior vote. You've mistaken the 58% for the region when that was for the City. By far the biggest on Merseyside and as emphatic as could be. Even the plazzi's over the water voted to remain. Only Knowlsley, Halton and St Helens let everyone down by voting out. But they're a bunch of wool's anyway!

But enough of looking back over political votes. This football ***** is bad enough.

Last edited:
Just become the capital of North Wales in the EU breakup

Haha. Basle's weird man. Part German. Part French. Part Swiss. Prices alter dependent on which part the City you're in. They all class themselves different. Is it Baalll? Is it Bazz-il?

strange, if real gorgeous, place.

We're both getting mixed up. I mixed up the clean sweep for Labour the City the GE with the prior vote. You've mistaken the 58% for the region when that was for the City. By far the biggest on Merseyside and as emphatic as could be. Even the plazzi's over the water voted to remain. Only Knowlsley, Halton and St Helens let everyone down by voting out. But they're a bunch of wool's anyway!

But enough of looking back over political votes. This football ***** is bad enough.
Either way it still doesn't make 100% or do they teach maths differently in Liverpool ;)

UK never ceases to amaze me. Build an empire that spans half of the planet. Spend entire centuries bringing vast riches to the homeland. Strip the colonies of their diamonds and gold, their spices and their minerals, their works of art and historical artifacts.

Centuries of pillage and robbery and you couldn't steal at least one competent local chef who would teach you god **** barbarians how to cook.

UK never ceases to amaze me. Build an empire that spans half of the planet. Spend entire centuries bringing vast riches to the homeland. Strip the colonies of their diamonds and gold, their spices and their minerals, their works of art and historical artifacts.

Centuries of pillage and robbery and you couldn't steal at least one competent local chef who would teach you god **** barbarians how to cook.

It's Wigan. About as ***-backward inbred as it get's. The place makes Burnley look modern.

And I wasn't messing about the local cuisine. (And butter's extra! I've seen the signs!): https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/09/pie-barm-twitter-wigan-kebab

Hey don't tar the rest of the UK based on one piddling little Northern town, most of the rest of the country can actually produce something edible.

Just like UK government, their chefs are amazing at yelling and telling othet people what to do.

Before someone jumps on me, it was a dig at Ramsey and Brexit.

Last edited:
Back