The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Playing Oasis at the end.........that's some elite level trolling there.

Soooooo many City fans triggered right now because of it

Yeah cook looked ready to throw down there. what with his palms up, walking backwards. lol.

Never understood why a Greater Manchester ref gets to look after a Greater Manchester game, it makes it just too easy for him to be seen as bias, it's like putting a Londoner in charge of a game involving London teams or a Yorkshire based ref looking after a Leeds - Sheffield game. Where is the difficulty in the FA, Ref Association getting a ref from another area that way you have a less chance of bias or even precieved bias. Poor effort by the authorities but well done to Wigan, another little team show how to beat the City juggernaut (no Scouse I don't mean Liverpool are a little team).

Cook is not even looking at Guardiola during most of that "clash". Sensationalized bollocks as per usual.

Can someone enlighten me about the rules after game.
Is it allowed to have fans run in like that or the homeground should be blocking this.

Might understand if it is big final etc, but for regular games for example?

Cook is not even looking at Guardiola during most of that "clash". Sensationalized bollocks as per usual.

Your joking aren't yer? 'Sensationalised?' He's pushing him and in his face. Wouldn't get involved in full view of everyone the pitch. Steams in the tunnel when he thinks he's out of sight. Shithouse behaviour. He's lucky he just got a mouthful back and not worse.

Can someone enlighten me about the rules after game.
Is it allowed to have fans run in like that or the homeground should be blocking this.

Might understand if it is big final etc, but for regular games for example?

Completely illegal to enter the field of play at any time. Wigan should have ringed the stands with stewards strictly speaking to try stop anyone. And at the very least, when they didn't, they, along with the GMP, should have formed a line to keep the knobheads well away from the City end. That's where the problem arises. The knobheads among the exuberant fans. Like the gobshite having a go at Augero. Players should be completely off limits.

No real surprise given Pep's always picked the most financially dominant clubs in a Country everywhere he's been, but still, props to Wigan again.

Kristan Heneage
@KHeneage

I'm struggling to find a single defeat to a team in a lower division for Pep Guardiola. Looks like Wigan are the first in a little over a decade long career.

9:54 PM - Feb 19, 2018

Not like managing in Germany and Spain with all the P easy games you can coast through huh Pep?

Last edited:
No real surprise given Pep's always picked the most financially dominant clubs in a Country everywhere he's been, but still, props to Wigan again.

Kristan Heneage
@KHeneage

I'm struggling to find a single defeat to a team in a lower division for Pep Guardiola. Looks like Wigan are the first in a little over a decade long career.

9:54 PM - Feb 19, 2018

Not like managing in Germany and Spain with all the P easy games you can coast through huh Pep?

I wonder if he would do so well at a club like Wigan, probably not but we will never know as he has a reputation now for doing well in which ever country he is managing in. Like you say Scouse he's always managed at the top clubs with the most money which is usually an easier task for anyone (Moyes excepted of course).

I wonder if he would do so well at a club like Wigan, probably not but we will never know as he has a reputation now for doing well in which ever country he is managing in. Like you say Scouse he's always managed at the top clubs with the most money which is usually an easier task for anyone (Moyes excepted of course).

TBF, he has been a real innovative coach who's taken the game forward so I wouldn't really question his teaching. But the fact remains he's gone to the financial powers in every Country he's been. And has used that to the max to ensure that domination

Mourinho's another one who's been very savvy in choosing the dominant, financial clubs in most every Country he's been. As soon as it's not working, it's 'I need even more mega money to spend to compete with City.' I'd love to be a journo. Be like 'So what you're saying mate is you don't trust your own coaching ability and can only succeed if you buy the very best?'

He's hated us since we flat out turned him down for Rafa after he came cap in hand with his agent wanting the job after Porto but it begs the question just how his career would have gone without the real top money to splash even back then?

You know I'm not Jose's biggest fan but there's no doubt he was always going to be a bracket 1 manager. He won a CL with Porto ffs. Plenty of the top managers aren't "innovative"; Carlo, Allegri, Conte, could even argue Sir Alex (played attacking football, but there was no scientific approach behind it).

Also, seen plenty of pragmatic coaches who if you give him any sort of money, they crumble. He's not some Portuguese Tony Pulis who'd be nothing without money, he worked his **** off to get where he is now, even if it's not where I want him to be at the end of the season :P

A pragmatist, a villain of the game, a downright **** - whatever you wish to call him. A top manager, you can't deny him of.

Don't believe anyone said he wasn't a top manager there or was that just a general point?

Although if you want to get into it I'd distinguish managing from flat out coaching/ teaching there between coaches like Pep and managers like Mourinho. And that's not to take away or diminish the achievements of either or to say one can't coach.

FWIW, Ferguson's up there on a plateau with Paisley as the best managers this Country, and arguably any other, has ever seen. Their respective success is unparalleled.

But was he a great coach? His tactics left a lot to be desired for years. But he understood this league and just how poor it was/ is defensively and the simple mantra that if you attack and score goals, 9 times out of 10 you win games of football here. Along with his biggest trait, understanding people and being able to motivate them to levels above what a lot should ever have achieved. He surrounded himself with very good coaches he could rely on to delegate to whilst he took care with running the whole club to masterful levels.

Great managers aren't necessarily great coaches.

FWIW, Ferguson's up there on a plateau with Paisley as the best managers this Country, and arguably any other, has ever seen. Their respective success is unparalleled.

But was he a great coach? His tactics left a lot to be desired for years. But he understood this league and just how poor it was/ is defensively and the simple mantra that if you attack and score goals, 9 times out of 10 you win games of football here. Along with his biggest trait, understanding people and being able to motivate them to levels above what a lot should ever have achieved. He surrounded himself with very good coaches he could rely on to delegate to whilst he took care with running the whole club to masterful levels.

Great managers aren't necessarily great coaches.
Likewise great coaches do not always make for great managers, as Bryan Kidd, Sammy Lee, or Quieroz prove. You have to have the right mentality to manage and to have good back up. The Liverpool bootroom of the 70's and early 80's proved that you can create good managers from within after all wasn't Paisley one of the club physios prior to his coaching and managerial efforts, but the rest of the coaching team at the same time did their bit.

Talking managers, I just recently re-watched this which is one of the greatest documentaries about football ever, about three great, great MEN, not just football men, by one of the greatest sports journalists ever. Mad to think they all came from such a small area in the West of Scotland.

[video=youtube;53TaTp5N4sw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53TaTp5N4sw&feature=share[/video]

All three episodes cut down into segments, all follow on. WELL worth anyone's time.

That little area of Scotland has also produced a fair few decent players as well, oh and don't forget Billy McNeill the Celtic European Cup winning Captain and sometime Man City, Aston Villa, Aberdeen and Celtic manager is also from there.

On documentary subject (sry fro offtopci or if it is posted here).
Juventus doc started.

[video=youtube;VYAFpdgH8oo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYAFpdgH8oo[/video]

Back