The Manchester United Thread

Oh, and that previously 1% chance of getting Reus is now nil.

"It's safe to say I will be playing for Borussia Dortmund also in the 2014-15 season," he said. "Basically I do not need to stress all the time that I am feeling great being with the club. As far as leaving [Borussia Dortmund] that is no issue for me, and I am not affected by the transfer release clause."

"I am now at an age where I have to take the next step up. That means: in every game to give even more and push myself to get better and better."

There was next-to-nil chance anyway, but that just about confirms it.

A lot of people saying ~?30M is too much for Luke Shaw.

If we get the same 12 years out of Luke Shaw that we got from Rio Ferdinand, will anybody be complaining that it was too much?

Oh - #thankyouRio

WTF is wrong with Woodward?

Telling Rio they're not going to renew his contract immediately after the final game, in the away dressing room, in front of everyone else?
And apparently, he's also sacked Woods and Neville while he's at it.

WTF is wrong with Woodward?

Telling Rio they're not going to renew his contract immediately after the final game, in the away dressing room, in front of everyone else?
And apparently, he's also sacked Woods and Neville while he's at it.

Woodward isn't doing any of that. Louis van Gaal is. van Gaal doesn't want them as part of his staff so he's moving them on now. Makes total sense.

I don't believe that story about the dressing room drama, nobody is *that* inconsiderate.

Woodward isn't doing any of that. Louis van Gaal is. van Gaal doesn't want them as part of his staff so he's moving them on now. Makes total sense.

I don't believe that story about the dressing room drama, nobody is *that* inconsiderate.

True, but this is not the way it should be portrayed in the media. He hasn't even been officially appointed yet, and he's already throwing Woodward under the bus.

You do realize half Liverpools defense has been out Injured at some point this season.

Enrique has missed the entire season, Agger has been out for 2~ months, Johnsons missed near 3 and been playing like ***** between, Cissokho and Flanagan have both missed a month, Sakho 2 and half months.

Then theres Lucas, Allen, Gerrard and Sturridge who have all been Injured, hardly lucky.
The main core of your team - Sturridge (29 games), Gerrard (34 games), Suarez (33 games), Coutinho (33 games), Henderson (35 games), Sterling (33 games) Skrtel (36 games), Mignolet (38 games), Johnson (29 games) had made through close to 80% of the games. That's 9 players that makes up your starting eleven. They have no need to play too much games in Carling Cup and FA Cup too while having no Europe games to worry about. I would say that the depth of Liverpool had never really been fully tested the whole season.

Really good read in the Telegraph today, written by Mark Ogden about UTDs/LVGs summer plans for transfers ins and outs.

Why would telling Rio in the backroom was unthoughtful? Its the last game, they'll be all on vacation soon. I suppose he should have waited till they're back in Manchester though.

Really good read in the Telegraph today, written by Mark Ogden about UTDs/LVGs summer plans for transfers ins and outs.

If Ogden's list of targets is true... then we're in for another summer of expecting a lot and ending up with very little one would imagine.

Anyone heard anything about Giggs and Eddies supposed meeting with LVG today. Also UTD vs Chesea u21s final on SS1 tonight 19:45.

Ryan Giggs has been pictured going in and out of a dutch hotel in LVG home town and Ed Woodward was also spotted to discuss Giggs coaching role and transfer targets. Seems only a matter of time.

Lots of legends at OT tonight watching the U21s final, been shown on SS1 with Darren Fletcher as pundit. If we win tonight think that will be 4 times in 6 yrs great record, hope we see few more youngsters coming through in the near future.

According to ESPN Giggs is offered the role of assistant manager.

1-0 UTD Lawrence with a great finish after Janko blasts past Chelsea LB crosses to Wilson who lays it off for Lawrence drags it back sitting both Chelsea CBs on there arses and tuks away nicely in the corner. UTD starting to dominate.