The Manchester United Thread

James Ducker is reporting it and he's usually not too bad with United.
I agree he is pretty good on UTD but has got fair lot wrong aswell. Like I said for the right price would be great signing for at least 4 yrs left in him and would be a good fix for the now but would still need someone younger aswell like a Strootman or a Classie maybe both.

I agree he is pretty good on UTD but has got fair lot wrong aswell. Like I said for the right price would be great signing for at least 4 yrs left in him and would be a good fix for the now but would still need someone younger aswell like a Strootman or a Classie maybe both.

I'd take Schweinsteiger but would much prefer Kroos... regardless if he fits in to LVG's system slightly worse than Bastian. He's coming to this peak years and I'm sure he can be adapted to suit.. he's a versatile player is Kroooooos! ;)

I'd take Schweinsteiger but would much prefer Kroos... regardless if he fits in to LVG's system slightly worse than Bastian. He's coming to this peak years and I'm sure he can be adapted to suit.. he's a versatile player is Kroooooos! ;)
I love Kroos but can defo see why LVG does not want, can go missing in a lot of games at times and and lacks discipline in when the team are not with the ball. Gonna be a great summer I still feel just have to be patient which is hard after last couple of windows but I don't mind, cant be buying any players the manager don't want and that he will have to force to fit his system.

I love Kroos but can defo see why LVG does not want, can go missing in a lot of games at times and and lacks discipline in when the team are not with the ball. Gonna be a great summer I still feel just have to be patient which is hard after last couple of windows but I don't mind, cant be buying any players the manager don't want and that he will have to force to fit his system.

Yeh... he did say he doesn't want players who are just coming for a pay cheque... not saying Kroos would only do that but he is only leaving Bayern for better wages.

Yeh... he did say he doesn't want players who are just coming for a pay cheque... not saying Kroos would only do that but he is only leaving Bayern for better wages.
Really looking forward to watching Holland tonight and watching some of these Dutch players we have been linked with. And see how they line up against Spain and how LVG tries to contain them.

It's seems like we ain't seeing LvG in Manchester for a while.. So Woodward better get your phone ready.

Once again Blind had a very good game. I'm liking what I'm seeing from him but not sure whether he can play the same wing back role for us as we don't play that tactics. Nonetheless very good in last 2 games.

Once again Blind had a very good game. I'm liking what I'm seeing from him but not sure whether he can play the same wing back role for us as we don't play that tactics. Nonetheless very good in last 2 games.
We don't know how we will line up with LVG. But you can see why Woody chose him, great tactician.

Daley Blind was unbelievable tonight... Luke who?

Great though about Daley as well is he can also play other positions like Defensive Midfield etc... versatile player.

Also what did you guys think to Bruno Martins-Indi? Only 22... wouldn't mind him either.

I believe it will be 4-3-3 or close to that. Yeah can't wait to see him at ManUtd and making us play better.
Exciting times again. Just look at tonights game Spain far better team than Holland, hopefully he can change the fortunes of some of last years flops.

Daley Blind was unbelievable tonight... Luke who?

Great though about Daley as well is he can also play other positions like Defensive Midfield etc... versatile player.

Also what did you guys think to Bruno Martins-Indi? Only 22... wouldn't mind him either.
Blind has been class for last couple of years only matter of time before he is snapped up same with Indi, dominated Costa can see why we being linked with him and De Vrij. Think Shaw is done tbh just waiting for them to get new manager.

Isn't it brilliant that few ManUtd fans didn't want Robben because he was too old? Amazing player but shame though we missed our best chance to sign him when we sold Ronaldo and didn't ask him and Sneijder as part of the deal.

Netherlands-forward-Robin-013.jpg

Brilliant.

Isn't it brilliant that few ManUtd fans didn't want Robben because he was too old? Amazing player but shame though we missed our best chance to sign him when we sold Ronaldo and didn't ask him and Sneijder as part of the deal.

Robben is ******* world class. Noone denied that. But I still wouldn't want him now. He'll be horribly expensive, and on extremely high wages. Not to mention, he will start declining slightly physically (his blinding pace will also reduce). That's the reason I didn't want Robben. He'll be excellent for a year or two, but he's a short term option. Schweinsteiger, I accept, as a midfielder, he still has years left in him. Robben back then (Ronaldo) would have been excellent, but tbf, I was hoping for Ribery back then instead of Robben.

Robben is ******* world class. Noone denied that. But I still wouldn't want him now. He'll be horribly expensive, and on extremely high wages. Not to mention, he will start declining slightly physically (his blinding pace will also reduce). That's the reason I didn't want Robben. He'll be excellent for a year or two, but he's a short term option. Schweinsteiger, I accept, as a midfielder, he still has years left in him. Robben back then (Ronaldo) would have been excellent, but tbf, I was hoping for Ribery back then instead of Robben.

You can't expect each and every signing to serve you for 10 years. Robben would be excellent option for 3-4 years by when Januzaj would be fully ready to take the mantle. Young will be 29 in 1 month and Valencia will be 29 in 2 months, that's around 200 K wages on average wingers and who are as old as Robben. I would rather see old but amazingly gifted on the ball players than bit younger but can't pass, can't dribble players.

Not sure why you didn't apply same rule for Schweinsteiger as work rate (for CM) is as important as pace for wingers. By that logic Schweinsteiger is not a good signing too.

Well, WTF!!!

If thats what our new coach can do then we should be excited. Really excited. Thinking back about the match in the first half hour at least Spain looked frightening and Holland were getting nowhere near them. And then look what he inspired them to do.

But for me the biggest indication of his class was the body language/psychological indicators of each and everyone of the Dutch players. We all know they are notorious for doing badly/never reaching their potential in major tournaments because of in fighting, cliques etc. But last night what we saw was the exact opposite of that and surely LVG should be credited for that. Speaking as someone who has maintained that the UTD roster is quite good and last season was a psychological thing due to the gormlessness of DM, THIS above all other things I saw last night fills me with great hope and excitement for our future.

Wasnt all that impressed with B M Indi tho ...

You can't expect each and every signing to serve you for 10 years. Robben would be excellent option for 3-4 years by when Januzaj would be fully ready to take the mantle. Young will be 29 in 1 month and Valencia will be 29 in 2 months, that's around 200 K wages on average wingers and who are as old as Robben. I would rather see old but amazingly gifted on the ball players than bit younger but can't pass, can't dribble players.

Not sure why you didn't apply same rule for Schweinsteiger as work rate (for CM) is as important as pace for wingers. By that logic Schweinsteiger is not a good signing too.

No way man, United is all about youth... not bringing in players like Robben who are going to be good for 2 seasons and then halting progression of a younger player like Januzaj or someone we could of brought in instead.

The quickest way for players to improve is on the pitch getting games, Januzaj is 19.... he's got the skill and the talent. He should be playing a good role next season.

Schweinsteiger is an odd one I agree.... however our midfield is that **** we kind of need an emergency quality player to fill the void.

No way man, United is all about youth... not bringing in players like Robben who are going to be good for 2 seasons and then halting progression of a younger player like Januzaj or someone we could of brought in instead.

The quickest way for players to improve is on the pitch getting games, Januzaj is 19.... he's got the skill and the talent. He should be playing a good role next season.

Schweinsteiger is an odd one I agree.... however our midfield is that **** we kind of need an emergency quality player to fill the void.

Berbatov, Veron, RVP, Ashley Young, Blanc, Stam, Yorke, VDS, schmeichel, Steve Bruce, Irwin, Phelan, Ronny Johnsen, Owen just to start.

You need to balance it or end up going backwards big time.

Berbatov, Veron, RVP, Ashley Young, Blanc, Stam, Yorke, VDS, schmeichel, Steve Bruce, Irwin, Phelan, Ronny Johnsen, Owen just to start.

You need to balance it or end up going backwards big time.

But we already have Nani and Valencia.. asumming they stay who are experienced wingers. Why do we need another one? Why not go for another younger player?

Someone like Antonio Griezmann who is 23 would be perfect IMO.

Back