The Manchester United Thread

But we already have Nani and Valencia.. asumming they stay who are experienced wingers. Why do we need another one? Why not go for another younger player?

Someone like Antonio Griezmann who is 23 would be perfect IMO.

Robben > Nani.
Robben >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Valencia.

Graeme Bailey @GraemeBailey
We are hearing Manchester United have made a move for Thomas Vermaelen

Unbelievable if true.

Also loved what I saw from LVG against Spain. Hugely inferior team but played amazing. There was spell where Netherlands were passing so well and Spain couldn't get near them. Can't wait to see him making us playing good attacking football.

Graeme Bailey @GraemeBailey

Unbelievable if true.

Also loved what I saw from LVG against Spain. Hugely inferior team but played amazing. There was spell where Netherlands were passing so well and Spain couldn't get near them. Can't wait to see him making us playing good attacking football.

Lmao every day a club gets an Arsenal player. Quite amusing.

No way we after Vermaelen last 2 seasons has been wank and injured a lot. Also who ever said Indi was rubbish last night must have been watching a different game, was excellent against Costa and read the game so well for a young CB ESPECIALLY when you think he was playing with inexperience defenders as well would happily take him at Utd but would prefer someone with little bit more experience.

No way man, United is all about youth... not bringing in players like Robben who are going to be good for 2 seasons and then halting progression of a younger player like Januzaj or someone we could of brought in instead.

The quickest way for players to improve is on the pitch getting games, Januzaj is 19.... he's got the skill and the talent. He should be playing a good role next season.

Schweinsteiger is an odd one I agree.... however our midfield is that **** we kind of need an emergency quality player to fill the void.

This is wrong on so many levels ... even in FM its wrong! Its all about winning trophies mate not about this general idea of "youth". If players like Robben can come in and help us win the CL who cares about age etc?!!

No way we after Vermaelen last 2 seasons has been wank and injured a lot. Also who ever said Indi was rubbish last night must have been watching a different game, was excellent against Costa and read the game so well for a young CB ESPECIALLY when you think he was playing with inexperience defenders as well would happily take him at Utd but would prefer someone with little bit more experience.

If its me you re talking about I didnt say he was rubbish. I just said I was not convinced. First half he was extremely erratic.

Is this the experienced CB of the summer? **** sake injury prone and not in good form partnered with younger CB's.............

Whine less, everyone said the same about RVP 2 years ago..

Why should I though? We all know United are looking at these cheap options because of the Glazers. Their the real problem here. Or because Ed Woodward can't deliver anything better... which could be a reason as well.

Are you seriously happy with getting..... him as the main CB? One who has been in bad form for Arsenal so much so he can hardly get in to the team?

Last edited:
Remember the last injury prone player United signed from Arsenal?

Remember the last injury prone player United signed from Arsenal?

Kind of missing the point.. RVP's credentials have never been doubted despite his injuries. Vermealen is a man who is injury-prone and out of form so much so he can't get into an Arsenal team.

Disappointing.

But hey, at least it isn't deadline day. Still loads of time for more deals.

Last edited:
Everyone notice how **** Belgium were without Fellaini? And how good they were after?

Football. Genius.

United players suddenly remembering how to play when they're not under Moyes.

United players suddenly remembering how to play when they're not under Moyes.

Or... Everyone remembering how to play when they're played in position.

(Same thing really)

Back