The Manchester United Thread

I love Nani, and when he is on form, he really is exceptional. I just wonder, however, if he really can achieve at least half of what he did in 2010/11. He was arguably a top 5 -- if not top 3 -- winger in the league.

I also agree with Sunil's sentiments, and home that with LVG, he can recover some consistency and become a key figure in our attack next season. He deserves a series of games to prove himself, something that was few and far between post-2011 with Ferguson.

[video=youtube;4sMUiWJsFS8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMUiWJsFS8[/video]

Oh, and continuing on our love for Nani, this is my favourite goal that he's scored. Ever.

[video=youtube;4sMUiWJsFS8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMUiWJsFS8[/video]

Oh, and continuing on our love for Nani, this is my favourite goal that he's scored. Ever.

I have horrible memories of this one
[video=youtube;uwCaLe2ymSM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwCaLe2ymSM[/video]

I have horrible memories of this one

Still can't believe we won 3-1 that game. It was superb open game and Chelsea played so well.

De Gea wonder save vs Ramires open goal
Torres open goal miss
Nani's amazing performance
Rooney's penalty miss
Cole red card escape

Still can't believe we won 3-1 that game. It was superb open game and Chelsea played so well.

Torres open goal miss

I...I had forgotten about that. Until now...
Flashback_142653_1309584.gif

Player travels to Europe as he works to secure Manchester United transfer
Yesterday we brought you an exclusive from our very own Lucas Sposito in Sao Paulo. A source close to young Brazilian forward Bruno Gomes had contacted him to explain that Manchester United were back in for the player.

Not so long ago it looked almost a matter of time before Bruno Gomes became a Manchester United player. The young footballer was repeatedly speaking to fans of the club on twitter and encouraging the idea that he'd make a move to Old Trafford soon enough.

It wasn't just a pipe dream, Bruno Gomes had been to Old Trafford to train and was very highly regraded. However, a repeat visit didn't materialise and an Italian passport he'd been seeking, to help with a work permit, didn't happen either.

Manchester United's interest seemed to cool and Bruno Gomes joined Internacional in Brazil. We've been told that Manchester United are now interested again, and the player himself is very keen for the transfer to happen, feeling it's his destiny. In addition he's travelling to Italy this week to help get an Italian passport, which would aid a transfer. This doesn't mean a transfer will certainly happen, but if Louis van Gaal wants it o then it wouldn't be difficult to complete.

Manchester United have a purchase option of ?3m, whereas other European clubs could be forced to pay up to his general clause of €40m.

Player travels to Europe as he works to secure Manchester United transfer - Sport Witness

Would anyone like Dejan Lovren from Southampton as a CB for us just of out curiosity?

No thanks. Need someone better than that IMO.

I've said it for a while I'd take any 3 of Mangala, Hummels or Benatia.

Well Woody's promise of two major signings before the World Cup was very good..... honestly....

Well Woody's promise of two major signings before the World Cup was very good..... honestly....
You didn't expect him to live up to him promise....did you?

Woodward is a dumb *** and I bet you that when we have no proper signings and doing badly in the league next year LVG will get the blame.

You didn't expect him to live up to him promise....did you?

Woodward is a dumb *** and I bet you that when we have no proper signings and doing badly in the league next year LVG will get the blame.

He's disappeared for 'transfer business' and we won't see him until September and he shall say "The market is too inflated, players want too much" blah blah blah.

FFS guys this is sad! Woody never promised any signings before the WC it was a misquote by a paper he actually said UTD would be active in the transfer window to get UTD back to where they should be! Give the guy a ******* chance im not his biggest fan but am also realistic, he cocked up in his 1st window yes but was doing a new job and Mark Ogden actually blames Moyes for this not Woody coz Moyes was the one who kept telling Woody to spend all the window at all cost trying to get Cesc. So give him a chance and judge him after this window instead of ******** like 2 yr olds.

Why the daffy duck would we want a 30 y/o Schweinsteiger but not a Toni Kroos.... or Fabregas for that matter.

Why the daffy duck would we want a 30 y/o Schweinsteiger but not a Toni Kroos.... or Fabregas for that matter.
No one reliable has reported this that I can find, but if true would be good signing only at the right price. Still a great player, LVG thinks Kroos and Cesc are not right for how he wants to play and he should no better than anyone.

No one reliable has reported this that I can find, but if true would be good signing only at the right price. Still a great player, LVG thinks Kroos and Cesc are not right for how he wants to play and he should no better than anyone.

James Ducker is reporting it and he's usually not too bad with United.

Back