The Manchester United Thread

DOF is defo not the way for me look at Spurs last season! Im am pretty sure LVG is involved talking to Woody, that's was just papers reporting he wont be. Just have to be patient, no one has been on fire transfer wise yet window only been open not 2 days yet.

Tottenham signed great players last season... they were just either not given a chance or played really poor.

DoF is the way forward IMO. Gone are the days of SAF, Wenger where they controlled the entire club. I don't see any managers capable of doing that.

We have to make the move earlier than anyone as we have new manager taking charge whose style is completely different than what our players are used to. It would be great if LVG can concentrate only on team in the preseason than about transfers in and out.
LVG is not the type of manager to be interested in a DOF he knows what players he wants to fit his style, and seems the type of manager that would actually like to talk to players before they sign. Nothing can do about getting players in early with the WC and LVG with Holland will just have to wait, but im sure work is already going on!

LVG is not the type of manager to be interested in a DOF he knows what players he wants to fit his style, and seems the type of manager that would actually like to talk to players before they sign. Nothing can do about getting players in early with the WC and LVG with Holland will just have to wait, but im sure work is already going on!

If not with LVG then after LVG we should get DoF.

This is what he said
“I say which players I want and which players can leave,” Van Gaal said.
“But they (United) have to negotiate. I’ve never interfered with transfers.”

Never interfered with transfers which means he won't be and he will just name his targets. It's for higher staff to pay and sign the players.

If not with LVG then after LVG we should get DoF.

This is what he said

Never interfered with transfers which means he won't be and he will just name his targets. It's for higher staff to pay and sign the players.
That's fine as long as he gets the players he asks for he and I will be happy :) I trust Woody especially after choosing and playing huge roll in bringing him to OT.

Looks like Nani was fantastic after coming on as a sub. Didn't watch the game but watched videos of his assist and disallowed goal, have to say both were fantastic.

EssentialPowerfulHammerheadshark.gif

MaleHardtofindIberiannase.gif

CrazyFalseBoto.gif

Amazing first touch to set up the goal and that disallowed goal, that's Nani at his best. Involved in build up play and moving all over the pitch.

I hope we don't sell him. He would become arguable our best attacker or most dangerous player if he is fit and on form.

EssentialPowerfulHammerheadshark.gif

MaleHardtofindIberiannase.gif

CrazyFalseBoto.gif

Amazing first touch to set up the goal and that disallowed goal, that's Nani at his best. Involved in build up play and moving all over the pitch.

I hope we don't sell him. He would become arguable our best attacker or most dangerous player if he is fit and on form.

Consistency is key... something he clearly doesn't have... why does he deserve another chance considering all the ones he has already had?

Is Nani good? - Yes of course
Is he still the player to build United on? - No.
If he is agreed to pay cut to reasonaly 72k per week, he should stay. Thing is, we need young stars to build the team on and players such as Young & Nani ain't them nor really looking as a super subs.
Valencia could be super sub for 2 more years clearly.

Consistency is key... something he clearly doesn't have... why does he deserve another chance considering all the ones he has already had?

He was consistent when he got run of games. Last 2 seasons he barely played as he was injured most of the time, when he came back and played badly he was dropped when Valencia played poorly all games and still got the nod.

2007-08: He was very good. His debut season and he produced many moments of magic and provided many assists.
2008-09: Decent season, was very erratic.
2009-10: Started poorly but he was a beast player from Jan. His performance against Milan at home was brilliant too.
2010-11: Best player in the league, shame he wasn't even nominated for the award.
2011-12: Superb first half and for no reason whatsoever Fergie dropped him when Valencia was back from injury. Tbf to Valencia he was beast as RW too and Nani was dropped consistently when he was arguably ManUtd's best player in the first half of the season.
2012-13 and 2013-14: Missed most of the season with injury problem and never got run of games.

Nani is a confidence player and needs run of games to get back to his best form. His career at ManUtd is not black and white, people who just say that he had only 1 good season and is inconsistent are just lazy to look beyond the nonsense spouted regularly. 2009-2012 he was excellent.

Is Nani good? - Yes of course
Is he still the player to build United on? - No.
If he is agreed to pay cut to reasonaly 72k per week, he should stay. Thing is, we need young stars to build the team on and players such as Young & Nani ain't them nor really looking as a super subs.
Valencia could be super sub for 2 more years clearly.

Nani is 27, you need players at their peak to take you forward. We just can't sell players because they are not youngsters.

Is Nani good enough to play for United? Yes by country mile.
Is Nani our best winger? Yes
Is Nani our most dangerous attacker when on form? Yes
Is Nani versatile to play as RW, LW and also as wide forward? Yes
Is Nani troublemaker in dressing room? No. He is very shy and very humble person going by Portuguese journalist.
Is Nani better than Valencia, Young? Again by a country mile.
Does Nani deserve run of games? Yes.

When he had a consistent run of games he plays consistently. Remember the run of games from mid 09/10 till 11/12 that he had? 20 goals and 40 assists in EPL alone. He was easily one of our best players until Ferguson dropped him without a reason (although rumours say that he was demanding a huge contract), and he never had much game time since then.

Nani is 27, you need players at their peak to take you forward. We just can't sell players because they are not youngsters.

Is Nani good enough to play for United? Yes by country mile.
Is Nani our best winger? Yes
Is Nani our most dangerous attacker when on form? Yes
Is Nani versatile to play as RW, LW and also as wide forward? Yes
Is Nani troublemaker in dressing room? No. He is very shy and very humble person going by Portuguese journalist.
Is Nani better than Valencia, Young? Again by a country mile.
Does Nani deserve run of games? Yes.

Valencia has been poor for a few seasons by his high standards previously... when he was at his best he was absolutely a mile ahead of Nani.

Nani will probably get another season, but we certainly shouldn't be thinking of him being a key player, we need a new wide player... Sanchez as being reported would be perfect. I would keep Nani for perhaps another season, unless Juve offered good money for him.

Valencia has been poor for a few seasons by his high standards previously... when he was at his best he was absolutely a mile ahead of Nani.

Nani will probably get another season, but we certainly shouldn't be thinking of him being a key player, we need a new wide player... Sanchez as being reported would be perfect. I would keep Nani for perhaps another season, unless Juve offered good money for him.

Nani's form in 2010-11 was better than anything Valencia has showed till date including his second half of the season performance in 2011-12 season.

I don't want Nani to be sold, he's class on his day, but they seem to be very rare nowadays.

Lack of transfer activity is bit worrying. Yeah this is world cup year, manager haven't met the team and all that but still anyone who watched United few times knows what the weakness is and LVG openly said he is not involved in transfers, he has left it to Woodward.

I think it's about time we hire DoF who is not an ******* and works for manager.

Uncle MAD is a bit older than youse and he remembers vividly us going down the same road come WC year ie wait till after WC to sign players only to find the good ones increase in value. Those times we ended up not making substantial purchases. This time we need to.

Back