The Manchester United Thread

Looks like young GK Pierluigi Gollini is leaving us for an Italian some media reporting, shame if true coz this lad is very talented and played very well at all ages.

Good deal I think. Was not great last season but showed improvements from his form the year before that and did play well in a few games. Still need to keep some experience after loosing loads already, especially if we are gonna sign young players and promote a few. Good move by Woody imo!
How the **** are people saying this?! He s been really **** for more than two seasons. A one trick pony whose sole trick has been found out ages ago. Extremely predictable.

How the **** are people saying this?! He s been really **** for more than two seasons. A one trick pony whose sole trick has been found out ages ago. Extremely predictable.
So what do you suggest then sell everyone wo was poor last season and replace them? We need to have a good squad depth which is what Tony V will be a squad player who can do a job. Also he played well under Giggs end of last season and actually was taking players on. Plus this will hopefully see the back of Young!

So what do you suggest then sell everyone wo was poor last season and replace them? We need to have a good squad depth which is what Tony V will be a squad player who can do a job. Also he played well under Giggs end of last season and actually was taking players on. Plus this will hopefully see the back of Young!

Thats not exactly what I said/implied tho is it? Please note the mention of "**** for more than two seasons","one trick pony", "whose trick has been found out ages ago" and "predictable"...

Totally agree with you on Young.

Thats not exactly what I said/implied tho is it? Please note the mention of "**** for more than two seasons","one trick pony", "whose trick has been found out ages ago" and "predictable"...

Totally agree with you on Young.
Ok but you saying he should not get new contract coz he been poor for 2 seasons he should not get a new contract is a same for lot of players. And he was not that bad 2 seasons ago have just recently watched DVD review and end of last season I thought he played pretty well. On another note least England and Spain finishing early will give some of our key players a long rest and wont be injured before season starts, we need everything to go right next season.

Looks like young GK Pierluigi Gollini is leaving us for an Italian some media reporting, shame if true coz this lad is very talented and played very well at all ages.

We have few talented GKs so its hard for young GKs to make it all the way at ManUtd.

We still have Johnstone, Joel Castro Pereira and also signed some Serbian young GK.

Been enjoying The Netherlands play and getting excited for next season. So let say LVG is going to play the same formation (343) and keeping the lack of defenders and midfielders we have. I would line them up like this:

RVP Rooney (Droping a bit Deeper - Robben Position)
Mata (Floating Around - Sneijder Position)
Carrick Cleverly
Evra Rafeal
Evans Jones Smalling
De Gea

Been enjoying The Netherlands play and getting excited for next season. So let say LVG is going to play the same formation (343) and keeping the lack of defenders and midfielders we have. I would line them up like this:

Carrick Cleverly
Evra Rafeal
Evans Jones Smalling
De Gea

Problem is Robben is arguably the best or among the best when it comes to counter attacking and dribbling which Rooney isn't. Netherlands are playing great football but single most important player is Robben and we don't have anyone like him. Only player who is close to his ability to dribble is Nani.

Last edited:

Carrick Cleverly
Evra Rafeal
Evans Jones Smalling
De Gea

I can see him playing Carrick as an anchor man, having four at the back and having a narrow diamond with Evra and Rafael bombing up and down either side. Which would eliminate the three at the back because against a better side, I don't think it would work at all.

But that is just my opinion.

Spanish radio station Cadena Ser reporting that Ander Herrera to Man United could be confirmed in a matter of hours.

Howard Nurse also speculating that some United transfer news doesn't seem too far away.

Last year everyone complained we didn't spend the few extra million. This year everyone complains we're overspending. Can't win.

Their is a difference between spending an extra few million and spending 34m on an 18 year-old making him the most expensive full-back signing in history. Either way I don't think the transfer fee is the problem as he can go on to give you 10+ years of service although it will be impossible to make a profit/break even if he flops. For me, his wages will be the big issue ...

AS now running the story too. Ander Herrera will sign for Manchester United tomorrow for €36M.

Ander Herrera se va al United | Liga BBVA | AS.com

Story says that his release clause goes up to €40M from July 1st as he enters final year of his contract so Man United had to move now to make the deal. Seems done.

AS now running the story too. Ander Herrera will sign for Manchester United tomorrow for €36M.

Ander Herrera se va al United | Liga BBVA | AS.com

Story says that his release clause goes up to €40M from July 1st as he enters final year of his contract so Man United had to move now to make the deal. Seems done.
Daily Star is reporting it to, I know it is not the greatest source, but it is picking up momentum:
Man Utd ACTIVATE Ander Herrera's £30m release clause with personal terms already agreed | Football | Sport | Daily Star. Simply The Best 7 Days A Week

Domestic transfer+ English player = massively overinflated price. I thought everyone got used to it by now.

So what? Chelsea are apparently paying 20m for a 29 year old Left Back..... 14m for someone 11 years younger and has a ton of potential... is that really bad? Not in my book.

Back