The Manchester United Thread

Ander Herrera must be really wanting to play for us... people make a big deal about CL but he is giving it up... assuming it goes through.

I honestly always like the look of the guy but how was his last season? I know Bilbao were really good but did he play a key part?

He was key I believe. I didn't see much of Bilbao this year but he got 5 goals and 5 assists from a deep CM role.

Balague called him "the future of Spanish football". Very exciting signing.

He was key I believe. I didn't see much of Bilbao this year but he got 5 goals and 5 assists from a deep CM role.

He's played the most forward of the 3 most of the time.

Herrera had slow start, but from second half of the season, he was their best player. He can be real asset to United. Finally someone who isn't afraid to run at players from midfield position. Likes to tackle as well. Can't wait ^^)

[h=1]Ander Herrera: Man Utd set to sign Athletic Bilbao midfielder[/h]By Simon StoneBBC Sport
Manchester United are set to sign £30m-rated Ander Herrera from La Liga club Athletic Bilbao.
The Old Trafford club failed in an attempt to buy midfielder Herrera, 24, on transfer deadline day last summer.
New United boss Louis van Gaal has revived the transfer, which could be completed as early as Tuesday.

BBC Sport - Ander Herrera: Man Utd set to sign Athletic Bilbao midfielder

BBC reporting it, Telegraph reported it saying reports in Spain are saying so and so.

Ogden said he has no clue as ManUtd firmly ruled out this move so it would be a surprise if we make a move.

Seems Bilbao fans dont even care...

Pogba_6: “€36m? Ander seems like a decent player but before spending €36m on him, I would buy Toni Kroos.”

Manolo:”He’s good, but it’s not normal that Fabregas is worth €33m and Herrera €36m. Man United are fools for not going after Rakitic for €20m.”

Bat: “What great business for Athletic, we have at least two players better than him in his position.”

Cristian93: “What I don’t understand is how Herrera is more expensive than Cesc. If it’s true we should laugh in the face of Bartomeu.”

He’s a good player, but not worth €36 million. He’s not even involved in the World Cup.”
Metalico1905: “€36m for him? What barbarity, what a way to throw your money away. He’s not even worth half of what they’re saying they are going to pay. Football has become crazy.”

Juakoybea: “Good player, but not worth €36 million.”

Kolarov16: “With all my respect for Ander, who is brilliant, but to pay €36m for him yet nobody is paying Marco Reus’ €35m release clause is a scandal.”

Elio: “€36m for five goals and five assists - who is complaining?”

Pablo Alvarez: “So Alexis Sanchez, what is he worth

Ander Herrera: Man Utd set to sign Athletic Bilbao midfielder

By Simon StoneBBC Sport

BBC Sport - Ander Herrera: Man Utd set to sign Athletic Bilbao midfielder

BBC reporting it, Telegraph reported it saying reports in Spain are saying so and so.

Ogden said he has no clue as ManUtd firmly ruled out this move so it would be a surprise if we make a move.

Great... we need one more CM... who do you want?

Carvalho for me, absolute tank and would make a very nice option to have. Vidal is obviously dreamy, but he's so expensive and probably has nearly every top club wanting him.

Pogba_6: “€36m? Ander seems like a decent player but before spending €36m on him, I would buy Toni Kroos.”

Manolo:”He’s good, but it’s not normal that Fabregas is worth €33m and Herrera €36m. Man United are fools for not going after Rakitic for €20m.”

Bat: “What great business for Athletic, we have at least two players better than him in his position.”

Cristian93: “What I don’t understand is how Herrera is more expensive than Cesc. If it’s true we should laugh in the face of Bartomeu.”

He’s a good player, but not worth €36 million. He’s not even involved in the World Cup.”
Metalico1905: “€36m for him? What barbarity, what a way to throw your money away. He’s not even worth half of what they’re saying they are going to pay. Football has become crazy.”

Kolarov16: “With all my respect for Ander, who is brilliant, but to pay €36m for him yet nobody is paying Marco Reus’ €35m release clause is a scandal.”

These fans don't have a clue... Reus doesn't have a release clause which is activated yet... Rakitic went to Barcelona how the **** was we going to get him?

Then they start mentioning Alexis Sanchez and Marco Reus what comparison do they even have to a CM?

You got to respect their opinion about Ander but they haven't got a clue about other transfers.

Like why pay 36 Million for him when Fabregas was 33 Million? Maybe Fabregas was not in plans or didn't want to join.
Why not go for Kroos? Maybe now that Madrid are interested, he doesn't want to move or maybe Bayern said **** off for any offer.
Why not pay Reus release clause? Because it is from next season and not this.

But them saying that they are happy with 36 million is worthy of an opinion though as they watched him week in week out.

Whos not even at the World Cup? Will be lucky to get in the CM ahead of Koke, Isco, Illarramendi, Iniesta, Busquets?

Great... we need one more CM... who do you want?

Carvalho for me, absolute tank and would make a very nice option to have. Vidal is obviously dreamy, but he's so expensive and probably has nearly every top club wanting him.

Yeah like you said Vidal looks very unlikely. So Carvalho it is.

Have to say apart from few mins for Portugal I haven't watched him at all but he is a tank. We need someone like him. Also DMF made me to like him as a player even though I haven't watched him play for Sporting.

Whos not even at the World Cup? Will be lucky to get in the CM ahead of Koke, Isco, Illarramendi, Iniesta, Busquets?

One key stat of Ander Herrera is he made more tackles than any Spanish midfielder in the national team over the season... it's quite funny because apart from pass it short.. I didn't see much else.

He was in preliminary and didn't get in because of the experienced heads in squad e.g. Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso etc.

He had a good season but all those in midfield had better seasons. Simple as that I believe. Isco & Illaramendi aren't in the squad either but you named them?

Good point actually... Fabregas probably just wanted to play for a London club though and he has a right ***** of a misses who probably didn't want to live in Manchester.

Toni Kroos on the other hand... I'm baffled.... not sure what the reason is there.... unless Bayern weren't selling him.

One key stat of Ander Herrera is he made more tackles than any Spanish midfielder in the national team... it's quite funny because apart from pass it short.. I didn't see much else.

more tackles when? just curious.

It was just the future of Spanish football comment, that got me, if he was really in that bracket, he wouldnt be at Bilbao, we know that.

Yeah like you said Vidal looks very unlikely. So Carvalho it is.

Have to say apart from few mins for Portugal I haven't watched him at all but he is a tank. We need someone like him. Also DMF made me to like him as a player even though I haven't watched him play for Sporting.

Carvalho is exactly what we need. A solid defensive midfield player happy to just screen the defence.

Always creates an angle for a pass from teammates, very good tackler and very composed in possession. Keeps it simple but insanely good at passing his way out of trouble. He'll be first choice at any European club within two years. Different players, but it'd make up for losing Pogba if we signed William.

more tackles when? just curious.

It was just the future of Spanish football comment, that got me, if he was really in that bracket, he wouldnt be at Bilbao, we know that.

Ander Herrera has won more tackles in La Liga this season (74) than any player in Spain's World Cup Squad. Left out.

Carvalho is exactly what we need. A solid defensive midfield player happy to just screen the defence.

Always creates an angle for a pass from teammates, very good tackler and very composed in possession. Keeps it simple but insanely good at passing his way out of trouble. He'll be first choice at any European club within two years. Different players, but it'd make up for losing Pogba if we signed William.

Sign Carvalho this season and Pogba next? :P

Then we can rename our midfield to "TANK MIDFIELD"

Back