The Manchester United Thread

Not much, but I still have my reservations on him... he's good but not sure if he's United standard. Makes you wonder if he's all that why other clubs haven't been after him, wouldn't exactly be that expensive either in comparison to other players.

No one apart from Juve really went in hard for Vidal from Leverkusen...

No one else went in hard for Evra or Vidic too...

Also what makes you so sure that Carvalho is destined to be a hit?

Last edited:
No one apart from Juve really went in hard for Vidal from Leverkusen...

No one else went in hard for Evra or Vidic too...

Also what makes you so sure that Carvalho is destined to be a hit?

How can I answer that? I can't tell the future. All I know is he is thought of very highly in Portugal and is a complete midfielder with a lot of components our midfield currently lacks. A Portugese reporter called Jan Haagen was praising Matic and how good he was before he went to Chelsea, now we've all seen how good he is in the Premier League.

Now he compares Carvalho to Matic who is only at the age of 22. We were crying out for Matic? Well I was. The next big thing after him is Carvalho... which is precisely why we should go all out for him.

How can I answer that? I can't tell the future. All I know is he is thought of very highly in Portugal and is a complete midfielder with a lot of components our midfield currently lacks. A Portugese reporter called Jan Haagen was praising Matic and how good he was before he went to Chelsea, now we've all seen how good he is in the Premier League.

Now he compares Carvalho to Matic who is only at the age of 22. We were crying out for Matic? Well I was. The next big thing after him is Carvalho... which is precisely why we should go all out for him.

Blind has been recieving lots of praise in Holland too.

And Carlvalho isnt a complete midfielder either.

But my point is you seem to hold things against Blind you don't hold against Carvalho.

Blind has been recieving lots of praise in Holland too.

And Carlvalho isnt a complete midfielder either.

But my point is you seem to hold things against Blind you don't hold against Carvalho.

Complete defensive midfielder, doesn't lack anything in that regard to be honest. But he can be converted and progressed into a lot of different roles in the midfield if need be, he's still young and plenty of time to develop further.

I'm not against Blind... I just think Carvalho is the next big thing which we shouldn't miss out on.

I don't think signing Blind has any impact on Carvalho as I'm sure we can get Blind for around 10 Million for back up roles for CB, LB and DM.

Complete defensive midfielder, doesn't lack anything in that regard to be honest. But he can be converted and progressed into a lot of different roles in the midfield if need be, he's still young and plenty of time to develop further.

I'm not against Blind... I just think Carvalho is the next big thing which we shouldn't miss out on.
We cant spend 30m+ on every single next big thing. **** we cant spend 30m on every signing. I'd be beyond staggered if we did, considering we want around 4-5 players, so 2-3 more to come.

Di Maria to Manchester United is now 'all fixed' by Jorge Mendes

Real Madrid have got it all figured out according to their current most friendly newspaper El Confidencial. They want a bright new shiny toy and what better one right now than James Rodriguez. The Colombian is the planet's most fashionable footballer to want right now and Florentino Perez will have eyes twinkling at the thought of his big unveiling at Estadio Santiago Bernabéu.

That Angel Di Maria had a great season last time around is largely irrelevant. That the Argentine was man of the match as Real Madrid finally got La Décima in the Champions League is already forgotten. Di Maria is being ushered toward the exit and a new boy being lined up.

The character assassination has started, albeit tamely, just like it did last year with Mesut Ozil. It's Di Maria's fault, he wants too much money and is not committing himself enough to Real Madrid in interviews. The flying winger also made the grave mistake of suggesting that Lionel Messi is better than Cristiano Ronaldo, which one Spanish newspaper put up as a sure sign that he's off.

Super agent Jorge Mendes has been tasked with sorting out a transfer and El Confidencial say he's sending Di Maria to Manchester United.

Di Maria to Manchester United is 'Todo solucionado' or 'All fixed', and would allow Perez to get James Rodriguez.

Despite saying that, El Confidencial also mention the interest of AS Monaco but say that club doesn't have the pull of Manchester United. Juventus have also been linked but if they couldn't scrape together €25m for Alexis Sanchez then it's a wonder how they'll get anywhere near to Real Madrid's asking price of €50m.

Jorge Mendes is said to have already launched his 'Operación salida... y entrada', the exit of Di Maria and entrance of Rodriguez.

Di Maria to Manchester United is now 'all fixed' by Jorge Mendes - Sport Witness

Would be amazing window, better than 2007-08 if we can sign him.

I don't think signing Blind has any impact on Carvalho as I'm sure we can get Blind for around 10 Million for back up roles for CB, LB and DM.
We're still in for Vidal. Everywhere I've looked from England to italy, from the main papers to the likes of David Amoyal, the reported price for Vidal is 45m euros, or £37m-ish. Thats the same as Carvalho's buy out.

I cant see us buying both. And I know who I would take every single time.

We're still in for Vidal. Everywhere I've looked from England to italy, from the main papers to the likes of David Amoyal, the reported price for Vidal is 45m euros, or £37m-ish. Thats the same as Carvalho's buy out.

I cant see us buying both. And I know who I would take every single time.

Yeah, what I meant was Blind signing shouldn't have any impact on our signings as we can get him around 10 Million.

Also don't even start me on Vidal. I wanted us to sign him when he was at Leverkusen, not sure why we never even tried. Wouldn't complain though if we can sign him now.

Yeah, what I meant was Blind signing shouldn't have any impact on our signings as we can get him around 10 Million.

Also don't even start me on Vidal. I wanted us to sign him when he was at Leverkusen, not sure why we never even tried. Wouldn't complain though if we can sign him now.

That's why I like Blind as a signing. You can still chase another 2-3 players for £30m+

That's why I like Blind as a signing. You can still chase another 2-3 players for £30m+

Yeah not sure what not to like about him. Not a world class player but a very good squad player.

He is very good tackler, can pick a pass too as he showed against Spain. He is comfortable playing as LB, LWB, DM and not a bad CB too. Yeah he is bit slow but that shouldn't be an issue as IMO speed of decision making > pace.

Di Maria to Manchester United is now 'all fixed' by Jorge Mendes - Sport Witness

Would be amazing window, better than 2007-08 if we can sign him.

One minute it says it's all fixed, next minute it says the "operation has started". Confusing and probably misleading as well. I hardly doubt United have gone anywhere near Di Maria but they just want to make it seem like clubs are willing to pay that amount for him so they can buy their new golden boy in James Rodriguez.

Yeah not sure what not to like about him. Not a world class player but a very good squad player.

He is very good tackler, can pick a pass too as he showed against Spain. He is comfortable playing as LB, LWB, DM and not a bad CB too. Yeah he is bit slow but that shouldn't be an issue as IMO speed of decision making > pace.

Can you imagine selling Fellaini, and getting Blind, with the chance of a potential profit?

Can you imagine selling Fellaini, and getting Blind, with the chance of a potential profit?
Seen today lots reports about LVG wanting rid. Would be good to sell him and buy Blind, like you said would be good profit and still have enough for Vidal a CB and maybe a winger.

I'm drooling at the prospect of Vidal, di Maria and Mats Hummels.. OMG! Although Hummels is the most unrealistic of the three, but still.. Can dream..

Defo mate. Whats your thoughts on departures mate? Cant see there being many tbh with 4 gone already.

Hernandez out.

Nani out if another winger arrives.

Zaha to go back on loan

Anderson likely to go (Powell returns from loan)

No idea about Young.

Fellaini's status is questionable.

Hernandez out.

Nani out if another winger arrives.

Zaha to go back on loan

Anderson likely to go (Powell returns from loan)

No idea about Young.

Fellaini's status is questionable.
Really hope Powell comes into squad, loan would be good for Zaha again maybe Hull. Hope to see some reserves get mins aswell.

Back