The Manchester United Thread

If he's "so vital" as you say, can you explain to me why they want to sell him?

Because its Real Madrid. Should point out, he's one of Ancellotti's favoured players. But it's not Ancellotti who is considering it.

Bear in mind last season they sold Ozil instead to have room for him when Bale arrived.

If he's "so vital" as you say, can you explain to me why they want to sell him?
Yes hope Young goes but tbh im only interested who we get in atm and having a good season. Think Madrid selling Di Maria to fund move for Suarez, reports have come out they they will hijak deal as talks have stalled with problems over price and Sanchez going the other way player does not want from what I can gather. And Barca don't want to pay over 60m.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if we made a signing completely out of the blue like what Herrera was.... all this talk of Carvalho and Vidal may just be a smoke-screen.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if we made a signing completely out of the blue like what Herrera was.... all this talk of Carvalho and Vidal may just be a smoke-screen.
Agree. But if Mark Ogden is reporting our interest in the 2 players mentioned and says we have made enquires i would say we are defo after them. He is the most reliable on UTD imo.

So if you believe what you read, it seems likely Vermaelen will join and chasing Vidal and De Vrij. Also, according to some media, a warchest of £200m. If United were to sign these 3 on top of Shaw and Herrera, who (if any) else would you like to see United sign?

Herrera £28m
Shaw £30m
Vidal £48
Vermaelen £11m
De Vrij £8
These 5, at these prices, total £125m. This hypothetically leaves £75m to spend - how would you like to see this spent?

So if you believe what you read, it seems likely Vermaelen will join and chasing Vidal and De Vrij. Also, according to some media, a warchest of £200m. If United were to sign these 3 on top of Shaw and Herrera, who (if any) else would you like to see United sign?

Herrera £28m
Shaw £30m
Vidal £48
Vermaelen £11m
De Vrij £8
These 5, at these prices, total £125m. This hypothetically leaves £75m to spend - how would you like to see this spent?

William Carvalho + Cuadrado or Di Maria or Sanchez would cover that 75m I reckon.

Herrera £28m
Shaw £30m
Vidal £48
Vermaelen £11m
De Vrij £8
Save Strootman in Jan the either Shaqiri,Di Maria,Sanchez or reus a top class winger basically. Or Carvalho.

This really is not true. At all. Di maria was one of their best players last season, along with Ronaldo and Modric. So vital he even played CM at times thats how important and versatile he was

100x this. Di Maria was their most important player. Without him Ancelotti's system simply doesn't work.

100x this. Di Maria was their most important player. Without him Ancelotti's system simply doesn't work.

I'm not saying he isn't an important player for Ancelotti, that much is clear by them letting Ozil go instead.

I'm just saying Di Maria isn't a consistent player, he goes up and down like a yo-yo.

American tour fixtures-

LA Galaxy in Chevrolet cup July 23
AS Roma July 26
Inter Milan July 29
Real Madrd August the 2nd

Now that's some top class friendlies.

Herrera £28m
Shaw £30m
Vidal £48
Vermaelen £11m
De Vrij £8

I've got the £56 to buy them both. Don't worry, we're sorted.

Stupidly inconsistent as well... not a big Di Maria fan personally, he does have some great games here and there.

That last game for Argentina he was absolutely woeful until extra time and he finished that great piece of play by Messi. Think he lost possession over 40 times or some crazy stat like that commentator said.

No he is very consistent. Arguably the best player for Madrid last season.

It's about time people stop saying player is inconsistent because he loses the ball, he is attacker which means its his duty to create chances and Di Maria is excellent at it.

Amazing dribbler at speed, his work rate is just superb and he is very unselfish too.

I would rather have players like Di Maria who has the balls to take risk and create chances than consistent Valencia who just passes it back or just smashes the ball into the box.

Di Maria is very consistent in last 2-3 years, he had bad games in between too but his overall season was just very impressive.

Also your other post, if he was so good why did Madrid sell? Because they are Madrid and they need new shiny toys every season.

Ozil was excellent for them but they sold him.
Makelele who was holding their midfield together.
They sold Sneijder who went on to win treble the next season and was arguably their best player along with Milito.
They sold Robben who is the best winger in the world and IMO 3rd best player in the world.

Yup. If anything you're just not watching Di Maria consistently. Everybody has a bad game but he definitely delivers more often then not. Plus like I've said, his ability to play both CM and LW/RW is allowing Madrid to switch shape between 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2. This is the crucial improvement Ancelotti made over Mourinho's team. And LVG loves versatile players.

Also, trying to find logic in Madrid and Barca transfer dealings is pretty much futile.

Madrid's entire philosophy is basically to have marketable pretty white boys on every position. Manager's opinion has always been secondary - if he forgets his place he can be booted at any given time, even after winning the league.

And Barca are basically just batshit insane. For 3rd season in a row they were forced throughout the season to play defensive mids as CBs and they still haven't bought a replacement. Same with CMs - first let Thiago leave, then they sold Fabregas, and now they're looking for +40 milion CM replacement for Xavi. Go figure.

In a way I'm glad both clubs are so incompetent, its terrifying to think how they could dominate if upper management wasn't brain damaged.

Last edited:
Yup. If anything you're just not watching Di Maria consistently. Everybody has a bad game but he definitely delivers more often then not. Plus like I've said, his ability to play both CM and LW/RW is allowing Madrid to switch shape between 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2. This is the crucial improvement Ancelotti made over Mourinho's team. And LVG loves versatile players.

Also, trying to find logic in Madrid and Barca transfer dealings is pretty much futile.

Madrid's entire philosophy is basically to have marketable pretty white boys on every position. Manager's opinion has always been secondary - if he forgets his place he can be booted at any given time, even after winning the league.

And Barca are basically just batshit insane. For 3rd season in a row they were forced throughout the season to play defensive mids as CBs and they still haven't bought a replacement. Same with CMs - first let Thiago leave, then they sold Fabregas, and now they're looking for +40 milion CM replacement for Xavi. Go figure.

In a way I'm glad both clubs are so incompetent, its terrifying to think how they could dominate if upper management wasn't brain damaged.

Not to mention their fans are an unconfirmed plague of infected.

New kits look lot better because of the quality of the pic. It's that simple. Everytime it's the same thing, poor quality pic gets leaked and everyone starts going OTT about how **** the kits are.

14MUTD2.jpg

New kits look lot better because of the quality of the pic. It's that simple. Everytime it's the same thing, poor quality pic gets leaked and everyone starts going OTT about how **** the kits are.

14MUTD2.jpg

Really? I think it looks hideous with that Chevrolet thing right in the middle... totally ruins it.

Really? I think it looks hideous with that Chevrolet thing right in the middle... totally ruins it.

It doesn't. Leaked pics had huge logo but his one isn't that big.

Also 50 Million a year so they will have their logo printed, just that somehow it didn't ruin the jersey. They made it look better.

It doesn't. Leaked pics had huge logo but his one isn't that big.

Also 50 Million a year so they will have their logo printed, just that somehow it didn't ruin the jersey. They made it look better.

Makes you wonder why we're holding back on bidding big for these players (Vidal, Carvalho) when the money we get from all these different types of sponsorships alone the club receives will easily cover it.

Back