The Manchester United Thread

We cant spend 30m+ on every single next big thing. **** we cant spend 30m on every signing. I'd be beyond staggered if we did, considering we want around 4-5 players, so 2-3 more to come.

By that logic we wait until they become a "big thing" and end up paying even more then wonder why we didn't get them in the first place.

Honestly though, when was the last time we done it? I know you could argue Shaw..... but before him I can't remember anyone where we've done that? All the way back to Rooney? That one turned out well didn't it?

Powell would be good if he comes back as a CM. IIRC, he played for most of last season as a #10. He has a better chance of breaking into CM than #10. With Herrera already in, if we secure Vidal, Fellaini will go, unless he gets converted into CB.

If di MAria comes in, ideally, Nani, Young and Valencia should go, since we'll be using di Maria on the right, and Januzaj/Kagawa can be played on the left. Zaha/Mata can be backup on the right, and we have Lingard in reserves, But since Valencia signed a new contract, he'll probably stay, while Nani looks like he's definitely leaving. I dunno if Young will have any takers though.

If Hummels comes, there won't be any departures from CB, but I'm hoping to see Micheal Keane being given more chances. Carrick and Cleverley should be given atleast one more season, and then a decision can be taken. Fletcher may probably leave, although that would be painful for me, he's United through and through. Plus, he was excellent for us when he was completely fit. Sad case of injuries ruining another excellent player. Although, I feel, Fletcher was always underrated by almost everyone..

Hernandez will leave. Another player I really like, but he simply won't get chances and should resurrect his career elsewhere. RvP will probably be upfront, with Welbeck as backup striker (I'm assuming Rooney will #10, although I'd love to see him being given a run as a striker). Henriquez will probably be loaned out again, while James Wilson will be Backup striker.

By that logic we wait until they become a "big thing" and end up paying even more then wonder why we didn't get them in the first place.

Honestly though, when was the last time we done it? I know you could argue Shaw..... but before him I can't remember anyone where we've done that? All the way back to Rooney? That one turned out well didn't it?

Nope I didnt say that at all did I? We have to pick and choose our targets. We dont have too many quality central players who can make an immediate impact, in fact we have just Herrera. In fact, one of our biggest problems whas that we had lots of players under 25 and over 28, and not too many in the middle, we needed to add to that.

£37m for a hot prospect, or £37m for the best midfielder in the world.

We still need a CB, and possibly a winger

Rooney turned out great!

Nope I didnt sat that at all did I? We have to pick and choose our targets. We dont have too many quality central players who can make an immediate impact, in fact we have just Herrera. In fact, one of our biggest problems whas that we had lots of players under 25 and over 28, and not too many in the middle, we needed to add to that.

£37m for a hot prospect, or £37m for the best midfielder in the world.

Why does Vidal keep coming into the Carvalho equation?

Because we can only buy either, not both, since we also have other priorities, and because both players cost a bomb.

Ones more classed as a box to box and one is a defensive midfielder which we don't have at all in the squad, I don't see any comparison here.

If you think we can't afford both then why is there talk of us getting Di Maria as well? He'll cost more than Carvalho at about £40m if Real get their way.

Ones more classed as a box to box and one is a defensive midfielder which we don't have at all in the squad, I don't see any comparison here.

If you think we can't afford both then why is there talk of us getting Di Maria as well? He'll cost more than Carvalho at about £40m if Real get their way.

Vidal is also a destroyer, he was one at Leverkusen, IIRC. Di Maria is the whole ****** point. We still need CB and Winger, hence it wouldn't matter if Di Maria cost that much, we should go for him. Di Maria+Vidal would cover two key areas. Vidal+Carvalho would just be one key area.

We can't afford both Carvalho and Vidal, because then we'd have less to splurge on CB and Winger. :\

We have just signed Herrera we don't need to sign 2 more, a winger is needed more imo.

Because we also likely need a winger and a CB. They are not all going to be £30m, which is what I stated.

There is no player on the planet that can do what Vidal does. He can play anywhere in midfield.

You can use Blind instead of Carvalho

You can use Vermaelen instead of Hummels

Allows you to chase Sanchez, Di Maria, Cuadrado.

The closest alternatives to Vidal, are Strootman and Schwiensteiger

Because we also likely need a winger and a CB. They are not all going to be £30m, which is what I stated.

There is no player on the planet that can do what Vidal does. He can play anywhere in midfield.

You can use Blind instead of Carvalho

You can use Vermaelen instead of Hummels

Allows you to chase Sanchez, Di Maria, Cuadrado.

Now that would be terrible. Vermealen.... is constantly injured and hasn't regained any kind of good form. Really hope we can do better than...... him.

The closest alternatives to Vidal, are Strootman and Schwiensteiger
I wasn't happy at all when we did not even tried to get Vidal when he went to Juve and Strootman to Roma. I hope we will finally be able to get one of them this season. I would buy a King Arturo shirt immediately once we signed him!

We did with many other players..
Nani
Anderson
and other low profile players..

We did with many other players..
Nani
Anderson
and other low profile players..

More we forget about them the better, one arguably isn't even a professional with his dieting and over-weight athletic nature. Lol.

Hernandez, Young, Cleverly and Valencia need to get the boot, assuming another CM and a winger come in.

Back