The Manchester United Thread

Come on guys lets not dwell on the past and look towards the future :) On transfer news reports De Vrij will turn down Lazio as LVG has told Utd to make him his 1st signing, Arsene Wenger will only let Vermalen leave if the can buy a good replacement. Di Maria to PSG is off onless they sell 3 players to cut down wages and raise funds after FFP. And Marco Reus agent has been rumoured to be in talks with 2 prem clubs.

Lol, United won't sign Di Maria because they'll moan at the price.. no surprise really.

Can see De Vrij happening, cheap and cheerful.

Marco Reus is a pipe-dream but if ever there was a chance to get him it would be now as neither Real or Barca or any other top club seem to need him.

If Fletcher can get back to his best then we have a great box to box CM back for free, I don't think he can though.

Lol, United won't sign Di Maria because they'll moan at the price.. no surprise really.

Can see De Vrij happening, cheap and cheerful.

Marco Reus is a pipe-dream but if ever there was a chance to get him it would be now as neither Real or Barca or any other top club seem to need him.
Don't think spending is any problem.

Their £47m is too high though, I think we're better off to spend it on midfield or someone else, Griezzmann or however you spell. Or even Reus...
Agree is bit steep but if LvG wants Woody will get, Reus think will end up at Pool who have been rejected at Isco by Madrid. Griezmann just to sign long term contract no interest on leaving, and wants to go back to France later down the line. Special interview with Woody on MUTV later could be interesting. Looking forward to watching Reserves later.

Very reliable Dutch journo reporting De Vrij to Lazio off for now clubs cant agree fee, Club still willing to sell for correct price.

Agree is bit steep but if LvG wants Woody will get, Reus think will end up at Pool who have been rejected at Isco by Madrid. Griezmann just to sign long term contract no interest on leaving, and wants to go back to France later down the line. Special interview with Woody on MUTV later could be interesting. Looking forward to watching Reserves later.

Reus isnt going to Liverpool. It was a fake rumour

Just seen a preview to Woody interview on MUTV, actually completely different to how id imagine him. Comes across as a really down to earth normal guy who speaks like he enjoys working for the club and talks with passion about his vision of the club, also very knowledgeable about the history and traditions of the club. Should be a good watch, the full interview is on MUTV AT 19:00 HRS just after the Live tour programme.

Also looks like Utd trying to take another top talent on trail from West Ham Reece Oxferd, don't know much about him only hes a CB and very highly rated by the top clubs. Just a question for anyone really. Would you be happy if our business finished having signed Shaw,Herrera,De Vrij,Vermalen and Vidal?

Also looks like Utd trying to take another top talent on trail from West Ham Reece Oxferd, don't know much about him only hes a CB and very highly rated by the top clubs. Just a question for anyone really. Would you be happy if our business finished having signed Shaw,Herrera,De Vrij,Vermalen and Vidal?

Yes... but it's a long way from that to what we have atm.. just Shaw and Herrera.

Ed Woodward hopefully gives some insight to transfers.... in the interview.

Oh and I think we need an established LB to challenge Shaw rather than 2 CB's, 1 CB will do. Vermealen gets injured too much, De Vrij better.

Very impressive interview there with Woody! Put to bed what fears I had about him and transfers, all sounded very positive for the now and the future. All hail Woody :) came across very much as your average fan and cares a lot about what the fans think, also the football side being more important than the commercial side comment was very good. And most of all he wants Utd to win and be successful. Has made me even more optimistic about the new season! :)

Quotes from our ED-

Targets have been identified with LVG and work is ongoing.
Funds are available for LVG and there is no fixed budget, then says watch this space.
I want us to strive to win, and want the best players in the world joining Utd not Spain I am prepared.
We have financial strength to allow us to do stuff in market other clubs cant.
The reality of it is players will be leaving.
We will do what it takes to get back to the top, we are working hard on targets.
Having speaking to agents, A list players are willing to come with no CL.
I always no what fans think, I follow social media.
Last year was a blip it wont happen again.

Quotes from our ED-

Targets have been identified with LVG and work is ongoing.
Funds are available for LVG and there is no fixed budget, then says watch this space.
I want us to strive to win, and want the best players in the world joining Utd not Spain I am prepared.
We have financial strength to allow us to do stuff in market other clubs cant.
The reality of it is players will be leaving.
We will do what it takes to get back to the top, we are working hard on targets.
Having speaking to agents, A list players are willing to come with no CL.
I always no what fans think, I follow social media.
Last year was a blip it wont happen again.

Very bold statements on MUTV, I hope he delivers some more good signings like he seems to be pointing towards in this interview.

Hope he hasn't built all this up for nothing, something must be done or close in the pipeline surely?

Very bold statements on MUTV, I hope he delivers some more good signings like he seems to be pointing towards in this interview.

Hope he hasn't built all this up for nothing, something must be done or close in the pipeline surely?
Don't know if you watched it? But did not seem to BSing and actually wants the club to do well! Will see in the next couple of weeks but I believed him!

Back