The Manchester United Thread

Why? or are you joking?
Not joking mate, just don't rate him that highly. He was good in Championship and has showed glimpses on tour when joined, but think he will always be inconsistent type player. I just watch him and doesn't convince me.

Not joking mate, just don't rate him that highly. He was good in Championship and has showed glimpses on tour when joined, but think he will always be inconsistent type player. I just watch him and doesn't convince me.

Problem with Zaha is despite his obvious talent he's still very raw. At Palace he was still their best player despite being so raw and that rawness gave him an edge on opposition defenders and his pace was frightening to them.

At PL level most full-backs are used to things like that and he needs to work on his all-round game to try and add consistency to his performances. He has all the tools to be a top Premier League winger, he just needs to apply himself. With the right man management he could be a star. Very unlucky that Sir Alex left before he had the chance to work with him, despite being signed by him.

According to the Guardian Onine, Bebe,Young,Zaha,Fellaini,Anderson,Cleverley,Nani will all be shown the door. And we have scrathed 400k off the wages with players left.

Rio around 120K
Vidic around 100K
Evra around 100K
Giggs around 80K.

So we have already saved 400K per week on wages.

If all those players are off then we will save another 600K per week wages but we won't have any player left in the team ;)

Problem with Zaha is despite his obvious talent he's still very raw. At Palace he was still their best player despite being so raw and that rawness gave him an edge on opposition defenders and his pace was frightening to them.

At PL level most full-backs are used to things like that and he needs to work on his all-round game to try and add consistency to his performances. He has all the tools to be a top Premier League winger, he just needs to apply himself. With the right man management he could be a star. Very unlucky that Sir Alex left before he had the chance to work with him, despite being signed by him.

The way h tore us apart in the league cup was amazing and that too when he was just 18 or 19. That was brilliant performance. His talent is obvious and it's up to him to work hard to fulfill his potential. Also he can't ask for a better manager than Van Gaal to do that.

Pilib de Brún @Malachians
Follow

All the players on Saturday where in their rooms by 8.30 despite being allowed to go out. The respect and fear they have of LVG is immense

Follow
The club also said they had no issues with trusting David Moyes with money because he wouldn't spend it.

Follow
Was with Woodward and Phil Townsend for a couple of hours, he's clearly a very bright guy & is much more approachable than David Gill

Follow
Utd found out it was my sons 1st birthday today & Woodward gave me a signed Utd shirt for him. Didn't have to do that

Follow
I didn't sit with him & ask him non stop about transfers. They denied any interest in Vidal but i doubt they'd tell me anyway.

Now that Evra has left what are the odds of us buying D. Blind? I would say its a certainty.

It was on the cards still gutted to see Evra leaving. Fantastic player from 2006-11 for us after that it was not his mistake his performances went down as he never had any proper rest. His interviews were fantastic too.

Also shame that Vermijl is leaving the club when we don't have any back up. If Van Gaal plays Smalling or Jones as RB then surely its time to panic. Not sure why anyone would do that when we can buy a back up RB or promote Vermijl, Varela who are natural full backs.

Now that we don't have Evra, Buttner it's time to buy back up LB too. Tyler Blackett, Reece James both are on tour I guess so maybe Van Gaal will promote one of them.

Now that Evra has left what are the odds of us buying D. Blind? I would say its a certainty.

Price was 17 Million Euro isn't it? which is around 14 Million pounds. Not a bad price for a player capable of playing 3 positions.

Price was 17 Million Euro isn't it? which is around 14 Million pounds. Not a bad price for a player capable of playing 3 positions.

Lets hope he gets fixed on one position, and not shuffled around like Phil Jones.. Unless he is completely rotational option, in which case, fair play.

I so ****** wish I was in L.A... T_T Instead, I'm in India, where I've not seen United even once..

This time pre season matches are on TV. Sony Six just tweeted that. Shame though ManUtd never tour India for pre season.

Lets hope he gets fixed on one position, and not shuffled around like Phil Jones.. Unless he is completely rotational option, in which case, fair play.

But it's good to have players like Blind who can cover multiple positions like O'Shea.

Manchester United make huge second offer fro Arturo Vidal, up to €50m!

The Vidal stories are continuing apace in Italy and specifically with Turin newspaper Tuttosport. It's claimed on Tuesday that Manchester United have come back in with a second offer having had their first one refused.

Tuttosport say that an original proposal which would have seen Juventus receive €40m, plus a further €3m in bonuses, was rejected immediately by Juventus chief Beppe Marotta. According to the reporting in Italy it's increasingly apparent that Juventus will sell for what they consider to be a good price.

The Turin club would have probably rather there was an auction for Vidal with clubs such as Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG and Monaco involved but those clubs either have priorities elsewhere or have been hamstrung by FFP rules and sanctions. Right now there only appears to be Manchester United at the table for Vidal.

Tuttosport claim that Manchester United's latest offer is €43m plus bonuses, they reckon that could rise to €48m to €50m as long as targets are met within the contract. Juventus are said to want a minimum of €45m so a lot will depend on how hard those bonuses are to achieve.

Vidal's agent is pushing the situation and conducting negotiations to try and find a solution for his client. Fernando Felicevich has already got Manchester United to offer Vidal wages of €6.7m per year after tax, according to Tuttosport

Manchester United make huge second offer fro Arturo Vidal, up to €50m! - Sport Witness

LVG press conference is at 2:30am BST today (tomorrow).

****, Klopp stating that Hummels won't leave is a blow, I was hoping he'd make the switch, although it always did seem far-fetched. Heck, I'm still hoping some magic happens and we get him. If we manage to get Vidal + Hummels, that'll literally be the best transfer window in recent memory for us. Although, I wouldn't mind Vidal + de Vrij too, but then again, that leaves our defence too short of experience.

Bebe to Benfica nearly a done deal, according to Bebe.

"I'm ready to have a great season with Benfica. I'm ready to lower my wage to leave, I just want to play. I'm available to buy because I want to play. I don't want to rob anyone's place in the team. I want to fight for my place and earn it. I don't feel inferior to anyone in the team [Benfica]. My bags are packed, it can happen in an instant."

Bebe to Benfica nearly a done deal, according to Bebe.

"I'm ready to have a great season with Benfica. I'm ready to lower my wage to leave, I just want to play. I'm available to buy because I want to play. I don't want to rob anyone's place in the team. I want to fight for my place and earn it. I don't feel inferior to anyone in the team [Benfica]. My bags are packed, it can happen in an instant."

What's the price?

Should have used him in a player + Cash exchange deal.

Back