The Manchester United Thread

FFP means that Falcao isn't sellable and the James Rodriguez money is the only money they can spend. Realistically it will take a long while before Marseille or Lyon will get near PSG. United are bigger with more money, more fans, more trophies and even more world n class players. Imo Rooney is world n class despite people bashing him. Double figures n for 8 seasons in a row and he averaged a goal or assist a game last year for a 'poor' unites side.

Montpellier were dismantled after winning the title. Giroud went to arsenal, Belhanda went to Ukraine and Yanga Mbiwa went to newcastle. Cabella just left and was one of the stars of the title winning season. Then they finished like 10th next season and struggled. There will never be a freak season like it.

Now that di Maria is out, anyone think we should try to swoop in for Griezmann? Or Shaqiri?

I'm an Arsenal fan but United are 10x the size of PSG. PSG can't buy him without selling Cavani because of FFP. I don't think Van Gaal wants to pay that much and rumours are not bible. PSG have a strong squad but if you look past Ibra who is top 100 in the world? Arsenal, Chelsea and City have better chances in the UCL IMO.

All they have to do to get round FFP, is take him on loan with an option to buy in 12 months, then they just incur the wages, and pay the fee in the next financial year. Done.

Side Note : Quoted by Klopp - “I can assure everyone that there are no signs that those two players want to leave. Marco and Mats will play for us the next season,”

I presume unless someone meets Reus 37.7Mil clause that is, but he laughed at hte quoted figure for Hummels.

Last edited:
Linked to Cuadrado, would prefer reus or di maria but he is a proper winger and could even play at wingback if Van Gaal ever uses the 3-5-2 formation.

Still hoping we get Vidal but would like a proper DM at somepoint to play an anchor role in Louis 4-3-3.

Going to the French league is a lack of ambition.. I'm sorry... it really is, no one can even argue with that.

Don't think Di Maria was ever likely anyway, like sanchez he wants champions league football.

Don't think Di Maria was ever likely anyway, like sanchez he wants champions league football.

But it's just silly, a club like us will realistically be out of it for 1 or 2 years maximum, from now. I don't get why he'd join PSG when he's going to be forgotten in that league, they won't be winning in Europe, there is stronger teams and FFP is going to restrict them sooner rather than later.

Just a bad move for him I feel, oh well, I'm sure his wealth will be good.

Was referring to Di Maria not PSG.

Going to PSG isnt a lack of ambition. Can say no one can argue it, but actually, you can. One of the best squads in Europe, aiming to trying and win the CL

But it's just silly, a club like us will realistically be out of it for 1 or 2 years maximum, from now. I don't get why he'd join PSG when he's going to be forgotten in that league, they won't be winning in Europe, there is stronger teams and FFP is going to restrict them sooner rather than later.

Well, they are better placed than us to win the CL.

I just said Di Maria was going to PSG for money and little ambition, suddenly you have a hissy fit.
You said a lot of thing, most of them are over the top comments. Anyway, he's not going to PSG for money (sort of) and little ambition. He wants CL. That's a priority. And he wants to be paid well, as he thinks he deserves. Not many clubs can offer both. PSG can. PSG is very ambitious club, how can you say players has little ambition joining the club who spends every year **** tone of money trying to win trophies is beyond me.

got to think of it this way aswell its not a long job not like some so if some 1 is willing to give you a shed load of cash every month you have to do what is best for yourself and the 1 that matter to you so i cant blame him

No guarantee we'll be back in the CL next season or even in two seasons, footballers aren't a patient bunch and if he gets a massive wage packet and gauranteed champions league football and winning the league at PSG then why not.

No guarantee we'll be back in the CL next season or even in two seasons, footballers aren't a patient bunch and if he gets a massive wage packet and gauranteed champions league football and winning the league at PSG then why not.

I said realistically, of course there is no guarantees. Last season we were largely held back by a manager who was out of his depth, we have spent around 100m on the last 4 signings we have made, so we're not exactly lacking ambition, whether they are the right players is another question.

Btw has anyone seen our away kit? Manchester United facebook page posted a picture of it... looks really good IMO.

Back