The Manchester United Thread

Suspiciously quiete atm on the transfers incoming front. I literally only see Vidal as the one remotely available.

Shame about Di Maria, he seems to want the money at PSG.

Suspiciously quiete atm on the transfers incoming front. I literally only see Vidal as the one remotely available.

Shame about Di Maria, he seems to want the money at PSG.

You mean as opposed to the same wage we're offering him at United? He's not going for money, he's going because he'd be a key player in one of the best squads in Europe. Nothing wrong with that.

You mean as opposed to the same wage we're offering him at United? He's not going for money, he's going because he'd be a key player in one of the best squads in Europe. Nothing wrong with that.
Don't worry about Zezy, but the tempo he's going now, he'll be banned in a month time. Just like Scotty did :(

One of the best squad playing in one of the weakest leagues..... where's the fun in playing in a one team league?

How do you work the we're offering the same wage thing out? I don't think we're even in for him and highly doubt we would match what PSG are paying for him. Transfer fee rumoured to be around £42m and god knows what the wages are.

Don't worry about Zezy, but the tempo he's going now, he'll be banned in a month time. Just like Scotty did :(

Why? I'm just talking about related transfers... stop trying to act like I'm doing something wrong.

One of the best squad playing in one of the weakest leagues..... where's the fun in playing in a one team league?

How do you work the we're offering the same wage thing out? I don't think we're even in for him and highly doubt we would match what PSG are paying for him. Transfer fee rumoured to be around £42m and god knows what the wages are.

He already plays at Real Madrid, which before this season was a two team league. Maybe he wants more European glory. PSG is the place for that. He's a great player and they have a world class squad. They'll win CL in the next 3 years IMO. What's wrong with him going there and getting a big wage? If we were in for him, we'd offer him a similar wage for a similar transfer fee. It's not like he's going to Russia.

No, you're talking ****.
Scotty was fun, bring him back Mikey.

How? Di Maria going to PSG isn't exactly an ambitious move in any sense, is it? He's going to one of the weakest leagues and going to be getting a massive pay-day for it.

If you really wanted to make a name for yourself you'd choose a more ambitious league. No one on a global level cares about the French league because it's a one team league.

He already plays at Real Madrid, which before this season was a two team league. Maybe he wants more European glory. PSG is the place for that. He's a great player and they have a world class squad. They'll win CL in the next 3 years IMO. What's wrong with him going there and getting a big wage? If we were in for him, we'd offer him a similar wage for a similar transfer fee. It's not like he's going to Russia.

Nothing... if you lack ambition, that's the whole point. If you have an offer from a team in the biggest league from one of the biggest teams you take it, it will enhance your reputation and people around the world will be watching you.

French League is way behind and honestly I don't see how it's am ambitious move at all, they are not going to win CL any time soon, because they are going to be using the same partnership Brazil used one thinks, David Luiz for 50m... errr no chance.

Di Maria going to PSG isn't exactly an ambitious move in any sense, is it? He's going to one of the weakest leagues and going to be getting a massive pay-day for it.

If you really wanted to make a name for yourself you'd choose a more ambitious league. No one on a global level cares about the French league because it's a one team league.

How is that not true? I just don't even understand how you can argue with it.

I'm an Arsenal fan but United are 10x the size of PSG. PSG can't buy him without selling Cavani because of FFP. I don't think Van Gaal wants to pay that much and rumours are not bible. PSG have a strong squad but if you look past Ibra who is top 100 in the world? Arsenal, Chelsea and City have better chances in the UCL IMO.

Man United are a bigger club than PSG.

But PSG are in a better position than Man United right now. That's a fact.

No they aren't, they didn't even get further in CL last year than we did. Yes they won a league, mainly because Falcao & few other key players at Monaco had injuries to deal with and they had better bench to carry.

No they aren't, they didn't even get further in CL last year than we did. Yes they won a league, mainly because Falcao & few other key players at Monaco had injuries to deal with and they had better bench to carry.

Now add to the fact Monaco are selling their best players and there is going to be absolutely nothing interesting or ambitious about moving to the French league at all.

On a cursory peek? Sure.. Winners of the French League, and also present in the Champions League. But then again, PSG have the team to win the Ligue 1 each and every year, w/o any competition. And it's not like the french league has big stadiums with spectators vociferously cheering on their team.

Not to mention the fact that, inspite of having a WC team, the lack of any good or decent competition in the League leaves them horribly exposed when stronger teams face them in the Champions League. I rather doubt PSG will the Champions League in the next 3-4 years.

So unless di Maria wants to amass a bunch of Ligue 1 titles, I'm struggling to see a different reason for him to move there, if not for the money (not saying whether that's a good thing or bad, just sayin')

Now add to the fact Monaco are selling their best players and there is going to be absolutely nothing interesting or ambitious about moving to the French league at all.
Two young squads are only getting better this year, Marseille & Lyon. Monaco ain't berried their ambition nowhere - they are just cashing in massive load for James to invest in squad.

Two young squads are only getting better this year, Marseille & Lyon. Monaco ain't berried their ambition nowhere - they are just cashing in massive load for James to invest in squad.

If they do invest it then fair play, but losing Rodriguez + Falcao (if it does happen) their two best players, will be very hard to replace, there isn't many great strikers out there anyway and hardly doubt there will be an easy replacement for Rodriguez, with them assists and goals last season to replace.

Back