The Manchester United Thread

Rumors that Nick Powell will join tour in few days. Great news if true as we don't have many CMs and his biggest chance to impress new manager.

Rumors that Nick Powell will join tour in few days. Great news if true as we don't have many CMs and his biggest chance to impress new manager.

We have lots of CMs.. Unfortunately, most of them are no good, or plagued by injuries.

In the tour squad we have only Herrera, Cleverley and Fletcher.

Ah tour, my bad, thought you were talking about the team in general.. But anyhow, wasn't Powell played primarily as an attacking midfielder at Wigan? Think he excelled at that..

Deserves a chance more than Tom I can only pass the ball sideways Cleverley.
Maybe, don't know. But to be honest, Pearson didn't to anything to deserve that. Goss or Rothwell deserved it more.

Ah tour, my bad, thought you were talking about the team in general.. But anyhow, wasn't Powell played primarily as an attacking midfielder at Wigan? Think he excelled at that..

Yeah he played as attacking midfielder and as striker, still I believe he will end up as goal scoring midfielder. He has all the attributes.

Why wasn't Ben Pearson taken? He's a very promising CM for us.

Van Gaal has limited time to make decisions about first team squad, he can't risk it by taking all the young players. He said he wants time to assess the squad and it only makes sense to play first team and judge them.

He has pretty bad season. Just like Pereira.

Not really. Ben Pearson had a very good season and one of the reason why he is rated highly by ManUtd fans. On the other hand Pereira had a poor season with flashes of brilliance.

Not really. Ben Pearson had a very good season and one of the reason why he is rated highly by ManUtd fans. On the other hand Pereira had a poor season with flashes of brilliance.
I would disagree.

LOL Goss! Pearson was the outstanding CM in the Reserves last season closely followed by Rothwell! Pereira is good but very inconsistent should come on well this year and learn to be more consistent, and improve his decision making. LVG did not take a lot of youngsters due to limited numbers. Also his main goal is to get the 1st team back on track this season, and with limited training time due to commercial reasons they would not of got a fair shout to impress anyway. Looking forward to there 1st game tomorrow :)

Back