The Manchester United Thread

Powell is the 4th. Anyway, Bates is saying Vidal deal could be done in next few days. He's usually very reliable.

Powell is the 4th. Anyway, Bates is saying Vidal deal could be done in next few days. He's usually very reliable.
Yep seen that this morning he is very reliable, and has been releasing tour team news and about Cleverley and Fletcher being captain well before anyone else! VidOn :) Also a fair few reports saying they cant see a way round PSG getting Di Maria.

That article or whatever connection to him was a few days ago though wasn't it?

He's done fairly well so far. LVG was very clear with his message about the 10's. There are too many, some will have to adapt or leave. Who is the 4th though? Mata, Januzaj, Kagawa?

Isn't Rooney classed as a no.10 these days? I certainly view him more as a no.10 than a striker.

Think we could see a lot of Blackett,James,Keane round the 1st team this year.

Reece James has looked good so far, been impressed with him.

Not sure whether we're kind of on bare bones though if we go with two youngsters at LWB and Rafael RWB. Jones, Smalling, Blackett are all relatively young and inexperienced still (exclude Evans).

We still need that 1 experienced player who can marshal the young ones. Vermealen would be a crappy choice though IMO, constantly gets injured and form is like a yo-yo because of it.

Vidic should never of gone. Could of played a major role with the young ones this season and would of been great as the central CB in the 3.

He's not been playing there though and I prefer it that way, personally.

His pass for Mata's goal shows he'd make a great CM with his passing ability from deeper positions, we don't have anyone who can do that, but obviously LVG is trying to make Kagawa one atm, personally I think Kagawa has done well there so far, I've been crying out for him to be used as a CM. Certainly has a lot of qualities to play there.

Cleverley and Young too.

Young may play a role because his off the ball movement but Cleverley was pretty bad again yesterday IMO. Didn't see anything from him that made me think he was any better.

Reece James has looked good so far, been impressed with him.

Not sure whether we're kind of on bare bones though if we go with two youngsters at LWB and Rafael RWB. Jones, Smalling, Blackett are all relatively young and inexperienced still (exclude Evans).

We still need that 1 experienced player who can marshal the young ones. Vermealen would be a crappy choice though IMO, constantly gets injured and form is like a yo-yo because of it.

Vidic should never of gone. Could of played a major role with the young ones this season and would of been great as the central CB in the 3.
Vidic was poo yesterday and really struggled against a young Madrid team while playing in a back 3. Can see us signing a CB but Keane,Blackett,James will all be round 1st team I think, with Valencia as back up to Rafa.

His pass for Mata's goal shows he'd make a great CM with his passing ability from deeper positions, we don't have anyone who can do that, but obviously LVG is trying to make Kagawa one atm, personally I think Kagawa has done well there so far, I've been crying out for him to be used as a CM. Certainly has a lot of qualities to play there.
Was Giggsy idea to LVG that Kags can play there.

Rooney should defo be up top with RVP imo!

Yeh I keep forgetting this formation has 2 strikers, just a shame they are both a bit on the slow side, would be nice to have one who can stretch the defences. This team does still lack pace which is a worry.

Chicharito can but I think his days are numbered.

Yeh I keep forgetting this formation has 2 strikers, just a shame they are both a bit on the slow side, would be nice to have one who can stretch the defences. This team does still lack pace which is a worry.

Pace will come from the wingbacks, plus Rooney aint that slow and what they lack in pace they make up or in decision making and clever movement. Welbeck can provide pace off the bench if we need to stretch the game at some points.

Read that Chicharito is to be swapped with Guarin.

How is Henriquez or what his name was doing?

Read that Chicharito is to be swapped with Guarin.

How is Henriquez or what his name was doing?
Not sure about Guarin, Inter have been trying to offload him for ages. Henriquez had decent loan spell, think same will happen again.

Back