The Manchester United Thread

Yeh I keep forgetting this formation has 2 strikers, just a shame they are both a bit on the slow side, would be nice to have one who can stretch the defences. This team does still lack pace which is a worry.

Chicharito can but I think his days are numbered.

Rooney is actually deceptively quick.

[video=youtube;JjD6Dv7gGs8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjD6Dv7gGs8[/video]

Don't think pace is that important tbh, it will be quick passing and clever movement more so. Rooney still has good turn of pace now, very powerfull runner.

I was mentioning Clevs and Young because I have a bad feeling about us not signing another CM (surprise?) this window. I would rather us play Clevs than signing another big, useless, afro guy for 27m.

Not sure about Guarin, Inter have been trying to offload him for ages. Henriquez had decent loan spell, think same will happen again.
I wouldn't want us to touch Guarin though. He is more like an attacking midfielder and we have tonnes of them already.

I was mentioning Clevs and Young because I have a bad feeling about us not signing another CM (surprise?) this window. I would rather us play Clevs than signing another big, useless, afro guy for 27m.

I wouldn't want us to touch Guarin though. He is more like an attacking midfielder and we have tonnes of them already.
Cant see anything in Guarin rumours, and we will defo sign another CM!

We're ok in that regard, we have the one and only! But his afro be gone.... or so last pictured it was.

Isn't Rooney classed as a no.10 these days? I certainly view him more as a no.10 than a striker.

That was my thinking, but he is clearly in LVG's head as a creative striker rather than a 10, which is how i view him.

We'll sign another Cm surely? Van Gaal must see cleverley isn't good enough and we all know fellaini isn't.

We'll sign another Cm surely? Van Gaal must see cleverley isn't good enough and we all know fellaini isn't.

Fellaini is good enough, hopefully he gets time this season.

Cleverley is done IMO. He was given the captain arm band to show there is lot of responsibility on his shoulders and he failed very badly. Van Gaal said Blackett and Cleverley will play 90 mins still he took off Cleverley as he was very ineffective.

Also liking what Van Gaal is trying to do. He has very limited time and he is doing everything he can to judge his players.

Fellaini is good enough, hopefully he gets time this season.

Cleverley is done IMO. He was given the captain arm band to show there is lot of responsibility on his shoulders and he failed very badly. Van Gaal said Blackett and Cleverley will play 90 mins still he took off Cleverley as he was very ineffective.

Also liking what Van Gaal is trying to do. He has very limited time and he is doing everything he can to judge his players.

Fellaini shouldn't get anytime especially if us fans want to see fast, quick passing, technical and attacking football, Fellaini apart from elbows or causing a nuisance in the no 10 role offers nothing. He was a panic buy because moyesy didn't want thiago or strootman and failed to get cesc.

Fellaini doesn't have the positional sense to play a deeper disciplined CM role and he won't be used as a no.10 either, sorry but there can be no future for him.

I can see Fellaini staying 1 more season, he wont be easy to sell due to his price,wages and poor form. Clevs on the other hand could see him going fairly cheap and already linked with a few clubs. Problem is a lot of our players we need to get rid of are on to higher wages or are just ****, wont be easy getting rid of dead wood!

Miralem Pjanic goal was reminding me of Beckham's lob against Wimbledon all those years ago.

Last edited:
Back