The Manchester United Thread

Young definitely looks good so far, so does Valencia, btw. Adapting them as wing backs may best idea yet. They're both not good enough as wingers, and played backup as fullbacks on occasion. Wing-back for them seems perfect.

I epxected Valencia to do well at wingback, but Young has totally surprised me.

Anyone watching the International Champions cup. Anyone know how the point system works?

Been very impressed with the youth players this tour, but not supprised since I have rated Blackett,Keanes,James for a while in the Reserves.

LVG had come out and said that we need wing backs. Anyone have any hints who they might be? Other than Blind, of course.

Been very impressed with the youth players this tour, but not supprised since I have rated Blackett,Keanes,James for a while in the Reserves.

I was bit surprised by Blackett performance. I think before we signed Buttner I said Brady or Blackett should be our back up LB but never expected him to play as CB as I thought he lack positional sense to play that role.

I was bit surprised by Blackett performance. I think before we signed Buttner I said Brady or Blackett should be our back up LB but never expected him to play as CB as I thought he lack positional sense to play that role.
Yes thought the same about his poss sense at CB, but defo thought he had the potential to play there and the attributes. Its good that him Keane and James have come out and impressed LVG and has praised them in his interview.

LVG had come out and said that we need wing backs. Anyone have any hints who they might be? Other than Blind, of course.
Said we need defenders, not WB specifically. Just said WB were key to his system. Maybe wont buy any WBs as we have Shaw,Rafa,Valencia and James and Young have impressed. Think he wants a experienced CB tbh.

love that interview with shaw well done son

His attitude has been first-class since he has joined, honestly if he keeps that up he's going to become a great player, already got the natural tools to be so.

I'm happy young players are getting a chance, Reece James has impressed me in particular.

Still need a CM who can break up play and another CB badly though IMO.

His attitude has been first-class since he has joined, honestly if he keeps that up he's going to become a great player, already got the natural tools to be so.

I'm happy young players are getting a chance, Reece James has impressed me in particular.

Still need a CM who can break up play and another CB badly though IMO.
CM more key for me atm, been happy with us at the back so far but I expect a experienced CB coming in.

If you never try, you never know. This is how young players can make a name for themselves.

true but this is a very big season for us and if it goes **** up some of the young 1 may never get over it then that puts the club back even more or we just need some 1 to say you cant win anything with kids and we go on and win everything

If you never try, you never know. This is how young players can make a name for themselves.
Defo and we all know how much LVG trusts in youth. And age is just a number to him, if your good enough your old enough. Hence giving Sedorf his debut at 16.

Few reports/rumours that ATL Madrid have made enquiries about Hernandez.
Well Simeone had told the media that he likes Hernandez, so it wasn't surprising at all. I think we should let him go if we can't give him enough play time. He is already 26 and I think prolonging his stay any further would prevent him from ever reaching his potential.

Well Simeone had told the media that he likes Hernandez, so it wasn't surprising at all. I think we should let him go if we can't give him enough play time. He is already 26 and I think prolonging his stay any further would prevent him from ever reaching his potential.
Agree if they make a decent offer he should be let to leave. Wont get enough game time think Welbeck will rotate with RVP when he needs a rest, also Wilson,Keane,Zaha will be used aswell.

Back