The Manchester United Thread

Wish the glazers would just sell United now and **** off out of it. That £89 million should be spent on the squad to ensure we do qualify for champions league, but we all know it will go in there pockets. I would be very worried if know one else signs for United. ****** annoyed with this news after such a positive pre-season.

What is there to worry about transfer wise? We have money to spend and LVG has said that he will buy players chill out guys! On the fianance bit don't see the problem, we are one of the biggest/richest clubs in the world with more sponsors than anyone. Also the debt is being paid and should be gone in the next 2-3 yrs, if the Glaziers want to sell shares and pocket the money its up to them. Its not going to affect our transfer budget, god some people on here truly going overboard on the worrying!

What is there to worry about transfer wise? We have money to spend and LVG has said that he will buy players chill out guys! On the fianance bit don't see the problem, we are one of the biggest/richest clubs in the world with more sponsors than anyone. Also the debt is being paid and should be gone in the next 2-3 yrs, if the Glaziers want to sell shares and pocket the money its up to them. Its not going to affect our transfer budget, god some people on here truly going overboard on the worrying!
I'm not worrying yet, I am just hoping that the club wouldn't leave things till the last minute like what happened last summer. That fiasco of a transfer window still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth after close to a year.

Well there's still a month to go, although hopefully the board is actually already speaking with the players already or all we are gonna get is what's left over after all the other clubs have finished their business (reminds me of some tall Belgian...)

Erm, no there isnt actually. Bit more than two weeks only!

Erm, no there isnt actually. Bit more than two weeks only!
A month until we can't do business anymore. Theoretically we can still sign player after the season started, although that would not be the ideal case.

A month until we can't do business anymore. Theoretically we can still sign player after the season started, although that would not be the ideal case.
Would not be ideal, but we have signed plenty of players after season started. Just have to be patient :)

I really fail to see where the worry comes from to be honest. People really need to stop overreacting.

Just watching Milk Cup and Reserve highlights, Rashford,Mitchell and Harrop look like some more serious talent coming through! :)

Would not be ideal, but we have signed plenty of players after season started. Just have to be patient :)
Dude, I'm just explaining why I said 1 month. I'm not saying anything about why we have to sign players before the season start at all. Stop making it sound as if I'm panicking. Jesus Christ.

Dude, I'm just explaining why I said 1 month. I'm not saying anything about why we have to sign players before the season start at all. Stop making it sound as if I'm panicking. Jesus Christ.
How did you get that from what i posted :O

I really fail to see where the worry comes from to be honest. People really need to stop overreacting.

We done the exact same last summer went into the season with an unbalanced squad and not fully prepared.... that worked out well didn't it? Ok we arguably have a manager like Fergie who can get the most out of average players (which our squad is full of), but that certainly shouldn't be an excuse as to why we haven't addressed the major issues of our squad before the season starts.

Nothing about wanting sparkly players or anything, I just want the team to be built up and not be ridiculously weak in some areas before the start of the season.

Like I said, at the moment we have reasons to fail as we are weak in key areas, in what is such a pivotal season, we shouldn't even allow that to be a case by the time the first game kicks off.

Last edited:
So this pretty much sums up this whole Vidal to United gossip that is getting more than tedious...
Bt35xljCcAIZ_kF.jpg

So this pretty much sums up this whole Vidal to United gossip that is getting more than tedious...
Bt35xljCcAIZ_kF.jpg
Not tedious at all really, only is if you believe all the rubbish the papers are churning out. IF WE are interested we wont here anything till deal is all but done and the club do a press release, transfers like Vidal,Reus,Di Maria or other big names we might be chasing arnt done over night or even a week.

We done the exact same last summer went into the season with an unbalanced squad and not fully prepared.... that worked out well didn't it? Ok we arguably have a manager like Fergie who can get the most out of average players (which our squad is full of), but that certainly shouldn't be an excuse as to why we haven't addressed the major issues of our squad before the season starts.

Nothing about wanting sparkly players or anything, I just want the team to be built up and not be ridiculously weak in some areas before the start of the season.

Like I said, at the moment we have reasons to fail as we are weak in key areas, in what is such a pivotal season, we shouldn't even allow that to be a case by the time the first game kicks off.

We also have reasons to succeed, should probably look at both sides of the story

The team is good enough to finish 3rd or 4th right now, probably 4th. Have you actually been watching the pre season games, or just taking snippets of quotes, because we're in fundamentally better shape than last season.

Which major issues?

Ball controlling CM - sorted

Quality left back -sorted

they are the two most pressing issues.

It's not even a case of allowing. Transfers don't work by snapping fingers, and Van Gaal is not a man to be rushed into a transfer if he doesnt want it.

We have a month, i'd rather we use the whole month as opposed to two weeks because some fans are prone to panic.

He wants 3 players, he has a month, he will do it to his philosophy, and his alone.

Last edited:
Not tedious at all really, only is if you believe all the rubbish the papers are churning out. IF WE are interested we wont here anything till deal is all but done and the club do a press release, transfers like Vidal,Reus,Di Maria or other big names we might be chasing arnt done over night or even a week.
I understand that, I'm happy that LVG is taking his time over making signings, I jusr meant the way the media jumps on a story that originally came from some bloke on twitter then all of a sudden a media **** storm (for lack of a better word) appears. i don't care if it takes weeks for a club to sign a player, it is tedious when the media reports it over and over and over and over again.

Back