The Manchester United Thread

Pilib de Brún @Malachians · 48s

You can't run Utd like a pub team keeping your mates around. Everyone could see Ferdinand had to be kicked out at Utd.

Pilib de Brún @Malachians · 2m

Nobody deserved to be kicked out of Utd more than Ferdinand, disgraceful attitude, constant leaks. Why would Giggs give him a new deal?

Pilib de Brún @Malachians · 3m

I would personally have rather seen Kluivert as #2 than Giggs. Giggsy can't be trusted & is desperate for the managers job.

With all this punditry duties Scholes has set up with BT and ITV for Champions League, does this mean he isn't going to carry on as a coach at United?

Pilib de Brún @Malachians · 48s

You can't run Utd like a pub team keeping your mates around. Everyone could see Ferdinand had to be kicked out at Utd.

Pilib de Brún @Malachians · 2m

Nobody deserved to be kicked out of Utd more than Ferdinand, disgraceful attitude, constant leaks. Why would Giggs give him a new deal?

Pilib de Brún @Malachians · 3m

I would personally have rather seen Kluivert as #2 than Giggs. Giggsy can't be trusted & is desperate for the managers job.

God he talks some bollocks!!!!

Will Scholes be coach this season or has he sacrificed it for punditry with ITV and BT?

Will Scholes be coach this season or has he sacrificed it for punditry with ITV and BT?
Don't think so mate, but I did read somewhere that he will still help out, and finish his coaching badges. In the main though will be doing punditry.

So Everton offered Barkley 60K per week and 75K per week for Lukaku but both didn't make any headlines, ManUtd signing Shaw for around same contract made. Which is even lolworthy as what we offered for Shaw is nothing to the club as big as ManUtd.

Yes thought the same about his poss sense at CB, but defo thought he had the potential to play there and the attributes. Its good that him Keane and James have come out and impressed LVG and has praised them in his interview.

Still I doubt he can play in 4 man defense as a CB. Looks like a very good choice in a 3 CB system also he fits the bill that Van Gaal wants 1 left footed CB. Lot of things are going in his favor, physically he is very good, left footed and team is very short of defenders.

I think Keane, James, Blackett will get chances this season. Shame about Varela though as I rate him very highly going by his U21 performances. Varela is very talented RB. Either him or Vermijl should be back up RWB but after watching pre season games it would be either Valencia or Young.

[h=1]Manchester United owners warn Louis van Gaal over Champions League[/h]http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9401260/manchester-united-owners-warn-louis-van-gaal-over-champions-league

The prospectus says: 'Because of the prestige associated with participating in the European competitions, particularly the Champions League, failure to qualify for any European competition, particularly for consecutive seasons, would negatively affect our ability to attract and retain talented players and coaching staff, as well as supporters, sponsors and other commercial partners.

Is it just me or is this really worrying? Why are we not strongly trying to give ourselves the best chance of avoiding this then by plugging the weaknesses in our squad sooner rather than later? Even if players come in now they won't have time to come in and settle for the start of the season.

This season is critical it seems for the club and the Glazers, yet we can still say we are 2 weeks away from having an unbalanced squad ready for this season and even if new players come in, not fully prepared.

Last edited:
Glazers are pocketing money from shares and meanwhile we quibble over the state of our squad and how we no longer compete for the top players which Real Madrid and Barcelona go after, despite being classed as one of, if not THE biggest sports brand in the world.

Is it just me or is this really worrying? Why are we not strongly trying to give ourselves the best chance of avoiding this then by plugging the weaknesses in our squad sooner rather than later? Even if players come in now they won't have time to come in and settle for the start of the season.

This season is critical it seems for the club and the Glazers, yet we can still say we are 2 weeks away from having an unbalanced squad ready for this season and even if new players come in, not fully prepared.
Well there's still a month to go, although hopefully the board is actually already speaking with the players already or all we are gonna get is what's left over after all the other clubs have finished their business (reminds me of some tall Belgian...).

I'm hoping that we would be challenging for the title this time despite finishing 7th last season, but there just isn't any credible transfer news about us out there at all except for the Vidal transfer, which is a dream conjured up by millions of muppets. Our current squad just isn't good enough for that, unless we got lucky like Liverpool did last year.

Well there's still a month to go, although hopefully the board is actually already speaking with the players already or all we are gonna get is what's left over after all the other clubs have finished their business (reminds me of some tall Belgian...).

I'm hoping that we would be challenging for the title this time despite finishing 7th last season, but there just isn't any credible transfer news about us out there at all except for the Vidal transfer, which is a dream conjured up by millions of muppets. Our current squad just isn't good enough for that, unless we got lucky like Liverpool did last year.

That post you quoted was mainly a response to me venting my annoyance of the Glazers and this article on SSN..

[h=1]Manchester United owners warn Louis van Gaal over Champions League[/h]
Manchester United owners warn Louis van Gaal over Champions League | Football News | Sky Sports

But yes... all in all it's really worrying, I know the window is open for another month but transfers should be aimed to be completed before the season starts.... with a prepared team we can go into it with no excuses if we fail... however this isn't the case.

Back