The Manchester United Thread

Kind of dissapointing window so far. No expected clearout, no (neccessary!) signings. I predicted a lot more activity then this.

Whilst I agree it is a disappointing window and few more signings are needed. I think you are wrong to say no necessary signings have been made... Shaw + Herrera were both definitely necessary.

Clearing out the players is a bit of an over-exaggeration from the press, remember a lot of these were in the squad that won the league at a canter. A lot of them deserve a chance under LVG to see how they play, everyone was **** under Moyes (apart from maybe Rooney and Januzaj snd De Gea), so I don't see why we should make any erratic decisions.

Admittedly we can argue whether players like Cleverley, Nani and Young deserve another chance, but that is not how LVG looks at it. He wants to see what these players can do under his methods and in the case of Cleverley + Young, they have been a lot better, infact in the last game vs Valencia - Cleverley even was playing the very odd long ball, switching the play to the flanks!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Just seen full presser was pure gold when Scouse journo questioned him :) Also think Blackett will start a lot over Evans this season going on what LVG said.

Some quotes from today's match programme notes.

Van Gaal: "I know I already have a good team and I am very pleased with the squad."
"I don't buy players for buying players' sake. I buy players to improve my selection."

So I was called a fool again for having a different opinion than others. Back when I questioned Moyes' sketchy record when making big signings by putting up a list of expensive signings he made for Everton, I was called a fool. When I was questioning Moyes' ability to be our manager when we were dropping games after games at home, I was called a fool yet again with a few others. Now that I say Moyes is worse than Glazers, I'm called a fool again. Whenever someone else have a different opinion, he is a fool, as if the one calling me a fool is the most brilliant person in the world.

Glazers raised the ticket prices by so much that we actually have the 9th most expensive season tickets in the league! Such audacity, what monstrosity. Glazer sucked money out of the club, I never denied that. They used a lot of money, that would have gone to the shareholders anyway, to pay for their own debt. They took more than they deserve, and we are at least 500-600m (a rough estimate after deducting the supposed amount that will go to the shareholders) down because of them, and that accumulated after 10 years, with an average of 50-60m/loss per year, which is actually a lot. But seriously, do you guys think that all of that money would have gone into player transfers? That they would be used to benefit the club? Some of it will, I agree, that is why I still hate Glazers, but it is simply childish to think that 100% of them will be used in benefit of the club.

Now let's take a look at Moyes. In 1 failed season, we have lost out on at least 50-60m worth of money from CL. We did not even get into Europa League too, so our UEFA coefficient would suffer a lot. Once the coefficient our high-achieving year of 2010/11 rolls out, We would drop at least into the 3rd pot, because our CL results in the past 3 years haven't been that stellar as well. He also splashed out 27.5m on Fellaini, and the compensation for sacking him were said to be around 5m. He also have a high salary, which is said to be at 6m per year. The sacking of his own staffs would need an amount of compensation too, which is estimated by Guardian at 1.5. So his appointment cost us at least 60m+5m+6m+1.5m+27.5m = 90m losses in just a year. 90m/year vs 60m/year, that what I based my opinions on. That is only factoring in the direct amount of losses caused, neglecting the drop in share prices, setting us a year back and the supposed amount of money needed to fix his troubles.

I don't even like Glazers. There is a reason why I stated that they are the second worst thing for the club. I actually feel disgusted to be even trying to defend them. But there is also a reason why the likes of SAF and Gill comes out and say that they are not as disruptive as the fans would like to believe. SAF could take a pop at them from his autobiography, but he did not. People just hate on Glazer more than they should because they are rich people abusing the poor to get more money.

Anyway, don't even bother answering me. I know how people on this forum reacts - hops onto the moderator's **** and bash on people who has different opinion than him. I have been here long enough, and this is one of the forums I know where the elitists reign supreme. Ban me if you want for having a different opinion than you, or insult me again, because that what I'm actually expecting.

So I was called a fool again for having a different opinion than others. Back when I questioned Moyes' sketchy record when making big signings by putting up a list of expensive signings he made for Everton, I was called a fool. When I was questioning Moyes' ability to be our manager when we were dropping games after games at home, I was called a fool yet again with a few others. Now that I say Moyes is worse than Glazers, I'm called a fool again. Whenever someone else have a different opinion, he is a fool, as if the one calling me a fool is the most brilliant person in the world.

People were saying Moyes deserved time, not that he was doing well. And at least opinion on Moyes was largely split, everyone's agreed that the Glazers are *****.
Glazers raised the ticket prices by so much that we actually have the 9th most expensive season tickets in the league! Such audacity, what monstrosity. Glazer sucked money out of the club, I never denied that. They used a lot of money, that would have gone to the shareholders anyway, to pay for their own debt. They took more than they deserve, and we are at least 500-600m (a rough estimate after deducting the supposed amount that will go to the shareholders) down because of them, and that accumulated after 10 years, with an average of 50-60m/loss per year, which is actually a lot. But seriously, do you guys think that all of that money would have gone into player transfers? That they would be used to benefit the club? Some of it will, I agree, that is why I still hate Glazers, but it is simply childish to think that 100% of them will be used in benefit of the club.

Shame we have to pay interest on all that debt, isn't it? Do the calculations and we're ~£1bn down.
Now let's take a look at Moyes. In 1 failed season, we have lost out on at least 50-60m worth of money from CL. We did not even get into Europa League too, so our UEFA coefficient would suffer a lot. Once the coefficient our high-achieving year of 2010/11 rolls out, We would drop at least into the 3rd pot, because our CL results in the past 3 years haven't been that stellar as well. He also splashed out 27.5m on Fellaini, and the compensation for sacking him were said to be around 5m. He also have a high salary, which is said to be at 6m per year. The sacking of his own staffs would need an amount of compensation too, which is estimated by Guardian at 1.5. So his appointment cost us at least 60m+5m+6m+1.5m+27.5m = 90m losses in just a year. 90m/year vs 60m/year, that what I based my opinions on. That is only factoring in the direct amount of losses caused, neglecting the drop in share prices, setting us a year back and the supposed amount of money needed to fix his troubles.

Manipulating the figures to suit your argument? We haven't lost £27.5m on Fellaini, because if we sell him we're not gonna sell him for nothing. Whatever you think of him, he's still techncially an asset we can recoup at least £15m for. We haven't lost £60m in CL money unless we were gonna go all the way and win it. Last season CL was worth £32m to us. Finally, you can't just divide through and compare costs per year to decide. Moyes was a one off, relatively easy to dispenese of who had 8 months to wreak whatever overstated damage you believe him to have done. The Glazers have been there for 10 years, spending every second bleeding the club dry for their own personal gain. So, let's re-do the calculations assuming everything goes back to normal for the next 9 years. In a 10 year period Moyes will have cost £32m (CL) + £6.5m (Compensation) + £4m (Wages) + £12.5m (Fellaini) = £55m = £5.5m/year. That's a Chinese lager company sponsorship. The Glazers have cost us ~£100m a season, and you're seriously gonna claim they're not as bad?
I don't even like Glazers. There is a reason why I stated that they are the second worst thing for the club. I actually feel disgusted to be even trying to defend them. But there is also a reason why the likes of SAF and Gill comes out and say that they are not as disruptive as the fans would like to believe. SAF could take a pop at them from his autobiography, but he did not. People just hate on Glazer more than they should because they are rich people abusing the poor to get more money.

No. No they don't. If we had an owner who's sole interest was United we'd be the richest club in the world. Bar none. Show me one other club of our stature who have such money sucking leeches as owners? Madrid's owners get bored and go out and buy Rodriguez. Our owners get bored and go and sell another £100m of shares for themselves.
Anyway, don't even bother answering me. I know how people on this forum reacts - hops onto the moderator's **** and bash on people who has different opinion than him. I have been here long enough, and this is one of the forums I know where the elitists reign supreme. Ban me if you want for having a different opinion than you, or insult me again, because that what I'm actually expecting.

OH MY GOD I ALREADY KNOW I'M RIGHT SO DON'T BOTHER REPLYING BECAUSE I KNOW YOU'RE ONLY DOING IT BECAUSE OF SOME ELITIST CULT.

Starting 11 against Swansea - De Gea, Jones,Smalling,Blackett,Lingard,Young,Fletcher,Herrera,Mata,Rooney,Hernandez.

Will be interesting to see Lingard as RWB played well there on tour a few times. Also reports in Portugal that we are close to deal with Rojo, after agreeing to send Nani the other way on loan for a year.

Will be interesting to see Lingard as RWB played well there on tour a few times. Also reports in Portugal that we are close to deal with Rojo, after agreeing to send Nani the other way on loan for a year.

Gonna be hard for Nani to play for Sporting and Juventus at the same time!

The ever reliable Tancredi Palmeri (lol) says we've made a €30M bid for Mehdi Benatia.

The Glazers have actually just pocketed £120m from share sales. But sure Moyes is worse. Forget the Glazers if people don't get it by now, they never will.

Onwards and upwards for the new season.

Last edited:
Same issues as last year so far. Lots of possession with no spark. Lack of pace and invention with no cover from midfield.

Hernandez's poor link up play once again an issue. Slows our attacks down as he isn't an option until the end product.

Hernandez isn't and never has been that good, very good sub and poacher but not much else of a player. Not sure why so many rate him.

Back