The Manchester United Thread

I...I don't understand how people can possibly think this.
Because Glazers never affected our success on the field?
Because despite pocketing quite a huge amount of money they are still putting in the work to make our club a huge marketing brand and the club is at no risk of ever failing FFP?
Because the basic things that they should do, they are doing well?

You can argue that the club might still be as big as it is today even without Glazers, but you can also say that the club might not. Moyes, on the other hand, had failed on a major grand scale and no one could even argue otherwise. Moyes didn't even did the basics things properly for us. Not only did he not achieved anything of note on the pitch, he had done nothing in rebuilding the squad as well. He destroyed the strong reputation of the club and shattered the confidence of almost all the players in the club.

Know you're in trouble when legends such as Scholes start speaking out about lack of transfers! Sorry Mike, but I think it's more relevant than talking about anything Moyes related.

"In 2007 the AZ squad were treated to the sight of van Gaal roaming around the training ground in a golf buggy, which he had been forced to use after breaking his leg trying to do the pole vault at his old school reunion."

Ahaha that is one thing I could never see Ferguson doing!

Because despite pocketing quite a huge amount of money they are still putting in the work to make our club a huge marketing brand and the club is at no risk of ever failing FFP?

You can argue that the club might still be as big as it is today even without Glazers, but you can also say that the club might not. Moyes, on the other hand, had failed on a major grand scale and no one could even argue otherwise. Moyes didn't even did the basics things properly for us. Not only did he not achieved anything of note on the pitch, he had done nothing in rebuilding the squad as well. He destroyed the strong reputation of the club and shattered the confidence of almost all the players in the club.

I don't understand how you can be so relaxed in one comment and so hyperbolic in the next!

Saying that the Glazers haven't affected you on the field seems a little odd really. The impact was lessened by the fact that you had probably the greatest club manager of all time in charge, but it's not as if you haven't seriously suffered from a lack of depth over the past few years. Saying that they're putting money in to promote the club is kind of redundant when it's entirely self serving. The fact it helps you is incidental to the fact that it makes them bigger profits.

As for Moyes, he didn't destroy your reputation at all, he put a small dent in it. Honestly, you were always going to see a decline in reputation after SAF anyway, but even with no CL you're still attracting worldclass talent. He wasted a year of your time, which is problematic but really not the end of the world.

You're basically a guy with a terrible tumour, complaining that his broken foot is the worst thing in the world. Yes, in the short term it is very annoying and it has stopped you from doing things, but that thing that's eating away at your club is probably a slightly bigger issue.

Last edited:
Despite the debt we've grown much bigger as a global brand and had success, now that Fergie's gone however they may be more exposed.

Oh and just to note, I hate Glazers as much as the next United fan.

You hate the Glazers, You hated Moyes. You hate the fact that Van Gaal is not bringing in players yet the transfer window is still open.

Are you really a United fan? Reading through your posts it never looks that way.

I...I don't understand how people can possibly think this.

I'll be honest and direct. Anyone thinking Moyes was worse than the Glazers simply has no idea. In fact I would call them a fool. Because they are ignoring the tremendous damage done in the last 7 years.

Know you're in trouble when legends such as Scholes start speaking out about lack of transfers! Sorry Mike, but I think it's more relevant than talking about anything Moyes related.

Not entirely sure what your point is. Dont think anyone has argued we dont need more signings to win the title. That isnt the same as being in trouble. He already thinks they will finish in the top 4. which is what I said from the start

Last edited:

The glazers did affect the field. Ferguson simply held off the damage. why do you think we have not bought a top class midifelder in 6 years.

The club has always been a top brand, we would have NEVER been in FFP danger at any point. Before the Glazers we had zero debt.

Lets get one thing straight, we could have grown as a global brand, without losing almost ONE BILLION POUNDS IN THE PROCESS.

Remember that. The Glazers have got the club nearly £1bn in the way they have managed the takeover. We'd have been better off with any competent CEO with out the debt

Despite the debt we've grown much bigger as a global brand and had success, now that Fergie's gone however they may be more exposed.

Oh and just to note, I hate Glazers as much as the next United fan.

and thats the Glazers fault for loading 700m of debt the club never had onto it, and gambling on Ferguson.

I'll be honest again, I'm always up for a debate, perhaps too up for it. But if anyone ever tries to argue Moyes has been worse for the club than the Glazers with me, I'll ignore them now and forever. Because I cant even begin to dig deep enough to show you how badly wrong that is.

Actually fuming now.

I'll be honest again, I'm always up for a debate, perhaps too up for it. But if anyone ever tries to argue Moyes has been worse for the club than the Glazers with me, I'll ignore them now and forever. Because I cant even begin to dig deep enough to show you how badly wrong that is.Actually fuming now.
These last few pages just show how short term fans think not just with the present and the future but also the past.

These last few pages just show how short term fans think not just with the present and the future but also the past.

The short term thinking filters down from the boardrooms now. Managers know that the average time they will spend at a club in the premier league is around1.5 to 2 years. Hardly time to let a manager get his ideas and tactics right. This then filters down to players who then think if games are not going too well that this manager wont be here much longer so we wont try too hard ourselves and then that filters off the pitch to the fans.

You can argue that the club might still be as big as it is today even without Glazers, but you can also say that the club might not.
Nonsense. Give any competent businessman an asset like United and they'll make it sing.
Moyes, on the other hand, had failed on a major grand scale and no one could even argue otherwise. Moyes didn't even did the basics things properly for us. Not only did he not achieved anything of note on the pitch, he had done nothing in rebuilding the squad as well. He destroyed the strong reputation of the club and shattered the confidence of almost all the players in the club.

One bad season versus £1bn lost? Every big club in the world has to endure a bad season every now and then. Pretty sure none have had that much money siphoned out of them. Moyes didn't rebuild? We would never have needed to if we weren't bled dry.

I'm very interested to see if LVG makes any mention of transfers in his press conference, a few reporters here and there are starting to say LVG is getting annoyed with the situation and Woody, very interesting indeed, assuming it's true of course, which it may not be.

But then again, he clearly wants players.

If it has ruined the rep, why are Mata, Shaw and Herrera here?
Why is LVG here?
Why did we sign the biggest deal in shirt history?
United are a huge club, and we didnt need the Glazers to be where we are, in fact we would be better off without then, as a club, and as fans. You want to know why OT had become so quiet. Because early Glazer need to make money to cover the debt sent the ticket prices rising, forcing out the old faithful, and replacing it with middle class tourists.
Did you know for the last 7 years we're supposed to keep to a net spend of £25m each season? why do you think United never saw the Ronaldo money again properly?

I spend more time that most on here looking at United's finances over the years. It makes you weep a little

It wasnt aimed at you Epic, people just forget actually how lucky we were. The difference between us and what happens with Liverpool with hicks and gillett is Ferguson.

Last edited:
I'm very interested to see if LVG makes any mention of transfers in his press conference, a few reporters here and there are starting to say LVG is getting annoyed with the situation and Woody, very interesting indeed, assuming it's true of course, which it may not be.

But then again, he clearly wants players.

he wants players, and he deliberately name dropped not having big players like Di Maria, while saying the wingers were not goo enough (Nani burned there)

zzezzy lets talk about LVG because if i have to get into the glazers my head might explode.

zzezzy lets talk about LVG because if i have to get into the glazers my head might explode.

I know, Glazers are a disease on the club, no question about it, always have been but sadly there is not a lot us fans can do about it, the club is just making too much money, can't see them going anywhere.

Tyler Blackett apparently played much as a LB for Birmingham although I very rarely watched them, someone told me, perhaps he is a hidden gem, been one of our best players in pre-season and is really composed on the ball.

Back