The Manchester United Thread

Valencia played well at RWB pre season we also have Rafa,Varela,Verjmil. CBs we have Jones,Smalling,Evans,Keane,Blackett,Rojo. LWB we have Young,Shaw,James. Hardly short on defensive options. And Blackett has been good so don't know what your talking about there!

I wish I had your optimism about Valencia at wingback (whenever he played at rb in competitive matches he kept getting cough tout in no mans land we kept losing goals from our right flank), Varela who s totally unproven, vermijl (same), Rafael (keeps getting injured), keane (unproven), Blackett and Young (who was back to his natural crappy self vs Swansea). But I see a distinct lack of quality as well as a couple of players who are not fit to even wear the utd shirt.

will man utd complete signing of di maria after di maria being called best player in real madrid ?

At 70m it would still be very good value for two proven class players.

Wages are the likely killer here though, we're talking minimum 350k a week between the two, and more like closer if not above 400k. Even we would need to offload a player or two

Wages are the likely killer here though, we're talking minimum 350k a week between the two, and more like closer if not above 400k. Even we would need to offload a player or two

I know. We should show ando, cleverley and fellaini (who I admit I wanted at the time) the door. We should also decide that Ashley young is patently **** as well.

I know. We should show ando, cleverley and fellaini (who I admit I wanted at the time) the door. We should also decide that Ashley young is patently **** as well.

Easier said than done. To show a player the door, you need a buyer.

Fellaini's injured now anyway, so he won't go. But it just reinforces now that we desperately can't do without another signing to cover CM position, ideally someone quality there, but I'd take Blind.

Nick Powell will leave on loan before the window closes according to BBC.

Nick Powell will leave on loan before the window closes according to BBC.

Why the F are we letting him go with our current CM options? Anderson & Cleverley our only backup players right now for Fletcher & Herrera over the next month at least till Carrick comes back.

Why the F are we letting him go with our current CM options? Anderson & Cleverley our only backup players right now for Fletcher & Herrera over the next month at least till Carrick comes back.

We might be doing something else?

I'd take Powell as cover over Anderson any day, he's earned it more as well.

He needs to develop more than he needs to be cover. He fell off badly second half of season with Wigan. I hope we send him to another Prem side though

So apparently Bayern accepted a bid from us for Muller but Muller then turned us down even though we were offering him an "astronomical" amount of money to join. I would have liked him but fair play to the lad to stay at his dream club even though he could have made mega bucks by leaving them. Don't see that to often these days.

So apparently Bayern accepted a bid from us for Muller but Muller then turned us down even though we were offering him an "astronomical" amount of money to join. I would have liked him but fair play to the lad to stay at his dream club even though he could have made mega bucks by leaving them. Don't see that to often these days.

He admits he was close to taking it though. Would have been amazed if he had though. Nice to see out of the several offers he got he named us as the one he came close to taking.

Last edited:
We've offered big money for another player we wouldn't need but won't do it for positions we are in desperation.... United logic.

We've offered big money for another player we wouldn't need but won't do it for positions we are in desperation.... United logic.

Muller would have been one of the best wide men in the league. Perfect for a 4-3-3

Muller would have been one of the best wide men in the league. Perfect for a 4-3-3

Moyes era though.

Gokhan Inler would of been great for us, funny how Bayern are just going to grab another top quality CM.

Moyes era though.

Gokhan Inler would of been great for us, funny how Bayern are just going to grab another top quality CM.

Bayern are probably the best placed club in the world right now tbh.

Also Napoli rejected it. If you're going to buy Inler, you might as well buy Blind to replace Carrick.

Bayern are probably the best placed club in the world right now tbh.

Also Napoli rejected it. If you're going to buy Inler, you might as well buy Blind to replace Carrick.

I'd take a lot of CM's right now, regardless of how they'd fit, we simply can't have Cleverley & Anderson as the only backups. It's literally beyond desperation now in my eyes. We're weaker now than we were last season and even that's saying something, admittedly Carrick's injury can't be helped but it doesn't make it any better either if we just expect this to be good enough for top 4, let alone any hope of a title this season.

Back