The Manchester United Thread

Was Mata needed for 37m, lovely lad, cracking footballer but wrong signing at the wrong time.

**** happened to that lad, complete lack of desire imo which turned him into a shocking player everytime i saw him post 2011 season.

Injuries and Valencia keeping him out of the team. Confidence player. Hopefully his spell in Sporting can bring the best back out of him.

Was Mata needed for 37m, lovely lad, cracking footballer but wrong signing at the wrong time.

You don't get offered player like Mata every season. When they are offered you just sign them and also sign the players to strengthen other positions. Money is not a problem for ManUtd, so Mata deal has no impact whatsoever on not signing CM.

Injuries and Valencia keeping him out of the team. Confidence player. Hopefully his spell in Sporting can bring the best back out of him.

Won't and shouldn't get him back to united but for himself yeah i hope he finds some form.

In all honesty, no. I think it was £37m that was spent on the complete wrong position.

If we never got him though and he went elsewhere it would have annoyed massively, i still think he can play on the right or left in a 4-2-3-1 he did at chelsea and wasn't always playing centrall but he is most effective there.

If we never got him though and he went elsewhere it would have annoyed massively, i still think he can play on the right or left in a 4-2-3-1 he did at chelsea and wasn't always playing centrall but he is most effective there.

I don't like him out wide, he doesn't have enough pace. Especially in a system like 4-3-3, which is what LVG shall use if he goes away from the 3-5-2.

Bayern in for itturapse, i'd love him here with herrera.

Khedira though amazing if we aren't in for him and if he ends up at arsenal :(

I don't like him out wide, he doesn't have enough pace. Especially in a system like 4-3-3, which is what LVG shall use if he goes away from the 3-5-2.

You dont need him to have pace in a 4-3-3 though. His guile is exceptional. Remember he made his name from out wide.

Won't and shouldn't get him back to united but for himself yeah i hope he finds some form.

If he gets back to his best form he should come back. At his best he was the best winger in the league. Easily.

You dont need him to have pace in a 4-3-3 though. His guile is exceptional. Remember he made his name from out wide.

I know his past was going to be brought up, but I'm talking about now, when I saw him out wide under Moyes he didn't do anything for me (whether it's any different under LVG time shall tell). Just like Kagawa and I know he supposedly can as well.

Still wouldn't of signed him for £37m at the time as he wasn't needed, apart from to lift the club, arguably. If he went abroad no one would care because it wouldn't of effected us.

I know his past was going to be brought up, but I'm talking about now, when I saw him out wide under Moyes he didn't do anything for me (whether it's any different under LVG time shall tell). Just like Kagawa and I know he supposedly can as well.

Still wouldn't of signed him for £37m at the time as he wasn't needed, apart from to lift the club, arguably. If he went abroad no one would care because it wouldn't of effected us.

he plays wide for spain too. he is a player who I defintely want in my side. Exceptionally happy we have him.

Our favourite reporter on SSN is saying we're interested in Lucas Silva from Cruzeiro who is supposedly a CM, so I'm all for it! But I'll be the first to admit I don't have a scooby doo about him.

Our favourite reporter on SSN is saying we're interested in Lucas Silva from Cruzeiro who is supposedly a CM, so I'm all for it! But I'll be the first to admit I don't have a scooby doo about him.

Natalie Sawyer?

I'll just say it, FM legend.

Apparently he's a no.6 position, sounds exactly what we need, on paper at least. But we're in a battle with Chelsea and Atletico Madrid for his signature tonight supposedly.... so not very optimistic.

He is only young around 20-21 I've seen him a few times, there is some real talent there not sure if I would throw him straight in the team at United however

He is only young around 20-21 I've seen him a few times, there is some real talent there not sure if I would throw him straight in the team at United however

Even with Cleverley & Anderson the only real rivals for his place? And Fletcher.

Spurs and everton have midfielders that would be improvements on cleverley, anderson and fellaini

Back