The Manchester United Thread

Spurs and everton have midfielders that would be improvements on cleverley, anderson and fellaini

All the top 6 teams of last season have improvements on our midfielders bar Herrera & Carrick (when in form). I'll reserve judgement on Fletcher as I still don't think he's the same player he was back in his hay day.

All the top 6 teams of last season have improvements on our midfielders bar Herrera & Carrick (when in form). I'll reserve judgement on Fletcher as I still don't think he's the same player he was back in his hay day.

Heres a little montage of his skills mate but bear in mind the way Brazilian league is structured that some of this is against equivalent of league 2 teams fast forward to about a minute to get rid of the talking, I know any player can look good in YouTube highlights but it's just with you saying you have no clue.

[video=youtube_share;DRUsc-wjejo]http://youtu.be/DRUsc-wjejo[/video]

Heres a little montage of his skills mate but bear in mind the way Brazilian league is structured that some of this is against equivalent of league 2 teams fast forward to about a minute to get rid of the talking, I know any player can look good in YouTube highlights but it's just with you saying you have no clue.

[video=youtube_share;DRUsc-wjejo]http://youtu.be/DRUsc-wjejo[/video]

Funny enough just seen this, I'm sold already. But then again it doesn't take much, with our current midfield and all.

The most pleasing thing of this and Rojo is that LVG is targeting the need now as well as the future.

Funny enough just seen this, I'm sold already. But then again it doesn't take much, with our current midfield and all.

The most pleasing thing of this and Rojo is that LVG is targeting the need now as well as the future.

Yeah like I said there is some player there seen him a few times played a role in Cruzeiro winning Serie A, also been some noise in Brazil for the central midfield to be built around him going forward so maybe he is ready I dunno guess we will see if he makes the move

Last edited:
IMO i know it's rehashing old debates but i still go back to previous transfer activity, instead of rvp and kagawa it should have been a CM and RVP or a CM and kagawa, instead of mata a quality winger, strootman over fellaini, hindsight hey. Also imo a cb should have been signed last summer all our defenders were either aging or injury prone.

Now don't get me wrong mata, kagawa and RVP all quality buys but no balance, could even go back to 09-11 when a CM was not signed because fergie insisted with anderson and then cleverley around 2012 and then when fletch got ill still no new midfielder.

I wholeheartedly agree with the Strootman miss. When he went to Roma, it was clear that United should have pursued. Alas, that was not to be.

But overall lessons have been learned, and action has been taken. Those transfers (Van Persie, Kagawa) were in the Gill-Ferguson regime, when we know what we wanted and how to go for it with little hesitation, because both men were almost always on the same page. If ever there was a time to recall them not being so, I would be hard-pressed.

Mata was in the short-lived Moyes-Woodward era. Flexing of financial muscles to ascertain the club's ability to still reign in top-tier talent. Whether or not it made a whole load of sense needn't have mattered. And with the dire situation of the team's performances, such a player (hypothetically) would have been a significant boost.

We've definitely seen improvements as to where areas need to be addressed. Van Gaal is shrewd but highly experienced. I don't think there are many other people Woodward could have had next to him beside the obvious choice(s) if it wasn't Moyes. They seem to be on the same page too, but things are looking positive in my eyes.

Otherwise, I'm still very excited to see more of what Adnan Januzaj can do this season, a year or so on from debuting. Hopefully he doesn't suffer a spell of bad form due to inheriting Ryan Giggs' no11.

Otherwise, I'm still very excited to see more of what Adnan Januzaj can do this season, a year or so on from debuting. Hopefully he doesn't suffer a spell of bad form due to inheriting Ryan Giggs' no11.

Maybe not this season but if he has the progression i think he will, we should be building the team round ie play him as the number 10 in a 3-5-2 or go to the 4-3-3 and turn him into a proper winger which i think he could be awesome at especially a di maria type were he just drifts in and has the defensive workrate.

If we get di maria or a top cm in this window i'll be optimistic going forward, getting evans and rafael fit and keeping them fit will be lovely also.

Rojo's great transfer if confirmed. Big part of the reason why Argentina only allowed one goal in world cup's knockout stages.

News for all Felaini fans and haters, personally I'm not a fan but anyway, any loan deals that may have been an option are more than likely cancelled due to him picking up a foot injury.

IMO still need another leader type CB (Evans may be able to do that but he constantly seems to get freaking injured, along with Jones + Smalling) and tough guy (in some way) CM, I class Khedira and Vidal in that bracket, for anyone who cares. All our midfielders are really light-weight, I think we need a bit of strength in there. Blind would also fit the bill.

Still 2 of them 3 I mentioned (CM wise) are available... Blind and Khedira, just get 1 of them.

CB wise I'd like to get Benatia or Inigo Martinez.

Not even mentioning how we have absolutely no good wingers (Apart from Januzaj who is good in wide-positions) whatsoever to play a 4-3-3 system.... if we probably will have to change it up. Cuadrado would of been perfect but we missed the Fiorentina deadline.

News for all Felaini fans and haters, personally I'm not a fan but anyway, any loan deals that may have been an option are more than likely cancelled due to him picking up a foot injury.

Despite whether he's even useful, our backup CM's are now Cleverley and Anderson. CM is a must now. Have I missed anyone? Feels like I have.

Despite whether he's even useful, our backup CM's are now Cleverley and Anderson. CM is a must now. Have I missed anyone? Feels like I have.
Well aside from our starting pair of Ander and (I think it should be) Carrick over Fletcher, I don't think so. And I agree, we need a powerhouse, all our MC's aren't physical enough for the role we need.

Okay, I need help please...I am sick and tired of reading all this **** on twitter, from so called Agents etc. Who is the best to follow on twitter, for the best gossip and transfer news?

Okay, I need help please...I am sick and tired of reading all this **** on twitter, from so called Agents etc. Who is the best to follow on twitter, for the best gossip and transfer news?

Amoyal is the most reliable, but usually deals with news linked with italian clubs.

No one. Seriously, almost everyone is either wrong on a consistent basis or posts so rarely that they're not worth following.

I'm reliable. I only confirm if the clubs confirm first. Though not on twitter since I don't have one.

Back