The Manchester United Thread

Scholes says we're heading for the wilderness!

I have to agree, if we don't sort out our midfield by the end of this window we are doomed, for this season anyway. Another season out of top 4 and we're suddenly in territory of Liverpool where the gap to the top keeps getting bigger and bigger and it's harder to close it down.

Even the defence is a gamble, we don't really have any top quality who are proven week in, week out (Apart from perhaps Evans...). Just players like Smalling and Jones who we hope will suddenly deliver their best consistently not only in performances but with fitness as well (they haven't demonstrated it yet so it's a risk to think they can be a main-point this season) with youngsters such as Blackett only in reserve.

Scholes says we're heading for the wilderness!

I have to agree, if we don't sort out our midfield by the end of this window we are doomed, for this season anyway. Another season out of top 4 and we're suddenly in territory of Liverpool where the gap to the top keeps getting bigger and bigger and it's harder to close it down.

Even the defence is a gamble, we don't really have any top quality who are proven week in, week out (Apart from perhaps Evans...). Just players like Smalling and Jones who we hope will suddenly deliver their best consistently not only in performances but with injuries as well and youngsters such as Blackett.

You've now used up your meltdown. Waste imo

I can safely say i'm not scholes but agree with him, it happened to liverpool and it can happen to us.

There's a difference between a realisation and a meltdown. ^.^

Scholes also wrote 6 days ago he expected them to reach the top 4.

So which is it?

Seems to be an awful lot of overreaction to the Swansea loss going on.

Scholes also wrote 6 days ago he expected them to reach the top 4.

So which is it?

Seems to be an awful lot of overreaction to the Swansea loss going on.

Not sure... I'd say top 4 is optimistic at this point, teams aren't frightened of us anymore, what is there in all reality to fear about us? The attack maybe, but it needs service, which just isn't there. Our midfield still as weak as last season, we have Herrera yes but Carrick's injured and his partner is still Darren Fletcher or Tom Cleverley.

Not sure... I'd say top 4 is optimistic at this point, teams aren't frightened of us anymore, what is there in all reality to fear about us? The attack maybe, but it needs service, which just isn't there. Our midfield still as weak as last season, we have Herrera yes but Carrick's injured and his partner is still Darren Fletcher or Tom Cleverley.
Teams haven't been frightened of us since 2009.

Mata is looking to slap you if you think they cant get service from 10.

The biggest problem was that the wingbacks didnt surge enough. This is some Rafael, Shaw, and Rojo excel at from full back.

I'd hope we pick up Di Maria and a CM, really need the ability to go 4-3-3.

One of the things that we used to offer is goals from counter-attacking, under Fergie anyway, that's well and truely gone as well, as we simply have no pace in the team and no good wingers, in form anyway, which is another few issues I think.

One of the things that we used to offer is goals from counter-attacking, under Fergie anyway, that's well and truely gone as well, as we simply have no pace in the team and no good wingers, in form anyway, which is another few issues I think.

This is a bigger issue than fear factor, and why he wants Di Maria, could really do with a searing winger to match Mata's guile

I think we have enough for top 4. I'd feel far more comfortable with another CM and a winger though. And if both were quality I would perhaps think of a title shot.

I think we have enough for top 4. I'd feel far more comfortable with another CM and a winger though. And if both were quality I would perhaps think of a title shot.

Oh yes don't get me wrong, I think we may just, by the skin of our teeth, have enough for 4th. But ideally we definitely need to make it more comfortable and less of a risk by getting a CM and even a winger. If we didn't sign anyone and someone like Herrera or Jones got a long-term injury I think it would be out of reach.

That's why we ideally need to strengthen, Fellainis injured so that's another CM we're without. We can only hope. Di Maria would be fantastic for many reasons but I really don't fancy our chances of getting him, unfortunately.

Oh yes don't get me wrong, I think we may just, by the skin of our teeth, have enough for 4th. But ideally we definitely need to make it more comfortable and less of a risk by getting a CM and even a winger. If we didn't sign anyone and someone like Herrera or Jones got a long-term injury I think it would be out of reach.

That's why we ideally need to strengthen, Fellainis injured so that's another CM we're without. We can only hope. Di Maria would be fantastic for many reasons but I really don't fancy our chances of getting him, unfortunately.

And that's why no meltdowns are allowed. yet.

Even if fellaini was fit it wouldn't make a difference, rather us play pearson or rothwell over him.

Back