The Manchester United Thread

10612970_762153877165817_8362656685968474231_n.png
bite pls

This would kill me, especially when Jim White who is usually reliable gave me the impression he was ours.

Jim white isnt reliable thats why

Bayern have offered 25m Euros, Roma want 40m Euros

Benatia to bayern seems pretty nailed on if bayern cough up the cash, bayern's progress over these last 4-5 years and their near perfect transfer activity is pure class.

Jim white isnt reliable thats why

Bayern have offered 25m Euros, Roma want 40m Euros

Easy to say that now! But his twitter was spot on with transfers before that, regardless if he broke it first.

Easy to say that now! But his twitter was spot on with transfers before that, regardless if he broke it first.

I said beforehand he wasnt reliable. It's easy to be spot on if the news is solid already. That's not being reliable, that's just relaying someone else's info. I've never been convinced he has his own independent sources.

I think we have enough for top 4. I'd feel far more comfortable with another CM and a winger though. And if both were quality I would perhaps think of a title shot.

Would you be happy if you got Blind and Depay this month, if you can't get Di Maria, and maybe a CM in January?
Imo, January would give alot more clearity about your CM targets injury wise (Vidal and Strootman).

I haven't been around on the forums for a long time, but I felt I had to post something after Rojo signed for you guys.

The first thing I'll say is that I used to hate Rojo. Before the WC I would quickly name him as the weakest link in the team without blinking. He wasn't bad for Estudiantes in Argentina but he wasn't anywhere near NT standard. When he moved to Europe he was played as a CB, doing pretty well, but for some reason he was still being played as a LWB for Argentina and I just couldn't see why. His performances weren't good enough, either. Nobody had any faith in Rojo, and it's safe to say thay every single time he stepped on the pitch he was playing againt 11 players and 40 million Argentina fans.

I think it's safe to say that when the WC came everyone in Argentina thought we were going to get killed down our left flank. But what happened was the exact opposite - he thrived under the pressure. I guess any man capable of playing for years while being hated and insulted by his own countrymen without flinching has to have a very strong resolve but his performances when under the spotlight were completely unexpected. He was good going forward, very sound defensively, but most importantly, he showed he has balls, arguably the most valued attribute this side of the pond.

Everyone here expected our front line to shine, and our back line to falter. What actually happened was quite the opposite. Messi may have been voted as the best player of the tournament but in my eyes he wasn't even the best in the team, that title goes to either Mascherano or Rojo. While our stars were little more than anonymous, men like Rojo shone and made us proud. I'm not one to usually jump on the bandwagon but I'm now a zealous Rojo-ist.

I doubt he'll ever replicate his world cup form, but I certainly hope he can. Not because I like United, but rather because I'd like to see him succeed. And because someone with the surname "Rojo" (Spanish for Red) can hardly feel any more at home than playing for the Red Devils, right?

Best of lucks to him, and I guess that means best of lucks to you.

Apparently Barca might be getting Reus, what a great transfer ban. Cannot stand them and Real absolutely despise them. UEFA and Fifas darlings.

Scholes says we're heading for the wilderness!

I have to agree, if we don't sort out our midfield by the end of this window we are doomed, for this season anyway. Another season out of top 4 and we're suddenly in territory of Liverpool where the gap to the top keeps getting bigger and bigger and it's harder to close it down.

Even the defence is a gamble, we don't really have any top quality who are proven week in, week out (Apart from perhaps Evans...). Just players like Smalling and Jones who we hope will suddenly deliver their best consistently not only in performances but with fitness as well (they haven't demonstrated it yet so it's a risk to think they can be a main-point this season) with youngsters such as Blackett only in reserve.

I agree with most of what he said.

Made valid point about wanting to sign players who can walk into first 11. He named many unrealistic names like Hummels, Alonso, Varane but solid points like Di Maria bringing excitement back, Khedira's energy levels.

Also while many see this transfer window as failure IMO in a long term this will be considered as very important transfer window.
Shaw might go on to become the best LB in the league.
Herrera looked quality.
Rojo at least going by opinions of those who watched him regularly will become fan favorite.

If we can sign 1 CM and 1 winger like Di Maria then this window will be remembered for long time.

Also did we keep them trialists ? Watch Borg and Obi in Milk Cup and were impressive. Not sure about 2 from benfica!

MRMUJAC (guy who keeps track of youth teams) posted that we haven't signed Borg yet, some differences in the transfer fee. West Ham wants 220K for a player out of contract so it will end up in arbitration. Borg will still play for ManUtd U18s just like he played against Norwich.

MRMUJAC (guy who keeps track of youth teams) posted that we haven't signed Borg yet, some differences in the transfer fee. West Ham wants 220K for a player out of contract so it will end up in arbitration. Borg will still play for ManUtd U18s just like he played against Norwich.

I just read the full Paul Scholes article, whilst I don't agree that we need 5 experienced players, he does make a lot of good points throughout and I think it's good to have such an influential figure like him actually telling the situation like it is.

I'd argue his targets are unrealistic as well... but Di Maria and especially Khedira must surely be gettable. How many times have we missed out or passed on great Central Midfielders.

But Scholes has talked a lot of sense in this article, but a misleading headline because it's kind of unrealistic to expect 5 in and Varane, Alonso and Hummels are probably not even able to get.

Ancelotti: "Di María has asked to leave & rejected offer from club. [But] if he does not find future solution he stays no problem"

Public admission he wants out by Madrid. Van Gaal publicly name checked him last month. Woodward has publicly said we have money. No excuses now.

Ancelotti: "Di María has asked to leave & rejected offer from club. [But] if he does not find future solution he stays no problem"

Public admission he wants out by Madrid. Van Gaal publicly name checked him last month. Woodward has publicly said we have money. No excuses now.

Surely even Woody can't lose a one horse race..

OMG GET DI MARIA..... NO EXCUSES. GRAB HIM WITH BOTH HANDS, EVEN ****** PSG HAVE ADMITTED THEY ARE OUT OF THE RUNNING.

Back