The Manchester United Thread

The price for di María (in euros): United offered 60m, Real wanted 90. Final figure: 80 million, including adds on. £63.9m

Balague just posted this :)

Angel Di Maria, Daley Blind, Lucas Silva and it would be amazing transfer window for us.

Offload Anderson, Hernandez and send Zaha on loan.

Frankly, I don't give a rat's ****, atm. I still stand by what I said earlier, but really, I'd rather be discussing di Maria than reading about money spent, when this was already done earlier when Shaw and Herrera were bought, and even more earlier, when Vidal rumours were floating around. So, frankly, I don't care who spends, we all do, what we spend on is different.

Move on :\

If 4-3-3, di Maria and Mata/Januzaj on wings, with RvP/Rooney upfront, it'll simply be crazy..! Even in a 3-5-2, an energetic di Maria running up and down will be a sight to see..! We'll finally have a winger who can excite, after CR7..! **** yeah! Oh, erm, yeah, I'm toning down my excitement until it actually happens, still can't be 100% certain.

Angel Di Maria, Daley Blind, Lucas Silva and it would be amazing transfer window for us.

No way Lucas Silva will happen this window, especially with him requiring a Work Permit..

Think we keep Ando and just let him run down his last year, very hard to offload. Can Zaha leaving on loan. And who knows who will leave Welbs or Chica.

Hefty price, hope we can start actually buying these players in future before they move to these big clubs.

Really struggling to think past De Jong for the other with Blind. Not that I would not be happy with that!

O

Oh and how did you get to the top? By actually spending big. Maybe you should look at the history of football before commenting. Every major club today had some serious financial backing in the past that allowed them to get to their position. Arsenal has Henry Norris Liverpool had the Moore Family. United spent pretty big in the late 1980s and even before that, they spent big

Also I am not responding to the CL thing because I have done it countless times already. Take a read through the previous few pages
We could go through the past 100 and it is the same story. I cant be arsed to argue with you again because I have done it before, and you will do it again. I have my view, you have yours and let us leave it at that then shall we.

Btw if we do sell Welbeck anything under £20-25m would be an insult for an England striker. He should be at a higher price due to being English (just how it is) and if players like Mario Balotelli are going for £16m and he has bad work ethics/behavioural issues then Welbeck should be £20m - 25m.

Anything under £20m for him is a joke.

Yes we're spending but it's still in a different way because it's the clubs own money that we generate.

I can't be arsed to respond to the same point again and again so we will agree to disagree

The price for di María (in euros): United offered 60m, Real wanted 90. Final figure: 80 million, including adds on. £63.9m

Balague just posted this :)

That coupled with his huge wages represents a massive outlay. Madrid know that United are desperate for a marquee signing and are squeezing them for all they got

Btw if we do sell Welbeck anything under £20-25m would be an insult for an England striker. He should be at a higher price due to being English (just how it is) and if players like Mario Balotelli are going for £16m and he has bad work ethics/behavioural issues then Welbeck should be £20m - 25m.

Anything under £20m for him is a joke.

In terms of pure talent and potential though, Welbeck is some way off Balotelli

No? I just find it slightly funny how United fans spent season and after season deriding City/Chelsea for 'buying' their way to success and now United are doing the exact same thing in a desperate attempt to get back into the top 4. Nothing wrong with it mind, let's see how the Di Maria deal plays out. Quite surprised their is no competition for him

Way to generalise and btw you'll find villa fans, liverpool fans, spurs fans **** you'll find fans from league 2 deriding city and chelsea.

I've said it before anyone else buying di maria for any price and he'd be a brilliant buy in the eyes of others but when it's united. Your ABU stuff will be loved elsewhere on this forum, prob best not to doit in here.

Last edited:
I don't get why it's so hard for some United fans to admit that they are doing the exact same thing now that Chelsea/City did.

There's a wee bit difference between spending the money you made yourself, and spending the money your mobster of a chairman robbed from the russians, don't ya say?

**** sake guys this is boring now! You do realise we have a game today and are on the verge of the clubs/british record biggest signing!

Back