The Manchester United Thread

over spending?

Yeh, even if we have loads of money, I think we have overspent on loads of transfers. Look at Bayern and the price they paid for Benatia, Chelsea for Fabregas. Real Madrid for Kroos. Just this season alone, they've got some fair prices for proven players. But like I said, it's just something I think we've done a lot, even in Fergie era, but atm we probably have to moreso because of the desperate situation.

Yeh, even if we have loads of money, I think we have overspent on loads of transfers. Look at Bayern and the price they paid for Benatia, Chelsea for Fabregas. Real Madrid for Kroos. Just this season alone, they've got some fair prices for proven players. But like I said, it's just something I think we've done a lot, even in Fergie era, but atm we probably have to moreso because of the desperate situation.

Hang on, weren't you advocating throwing as much money as possible at the problem like 2 weeks ago, saying that you needed to get 5 players and **** the expense?

Hang on, weren't you advocating throwing as much money as possible at the problem like 2 weeks ago, saying that you needed to get 5 players and **** the expense?

Nah, I've never said we need 5 players.

Ub6odNc.jpg

As great as fergie was and won us leagues and got to finals post ronaldo but boy he signed some shockers, again poor transfer activity over the last 5-6 years is sneaking up on us.

What a poor performance tonight against Dons. Why put a full team of youth out though with no back-up?

What a poor performance tonight against Dons. Why put a full team of youth out though with no back-up?

De Gea, Evans, Powell (debatable), Anderson, Welbeck, Kagawa and Hernandez ain't youth. I agree LVG jumped the gun with how many he did put out but some of them i named have played in finals, won league titles but they all just looked so poor and team as a whole just runs out of ideas and goes hiding.

over spending?

Well, yeah.

Over last 2 years you've blown what, 200m on new signings? With that kind of money and solid core of young players that was already there, its kind of mind-blowing just how **** this squad still is.

............ This all goes back to the buying of Juan Mata. I've always said this would happen.

Some of the overreaction is hilarious. Yes it was pathetic performance but it has no bearing at all on how our season shapes up or how good our team is as most of the players are not even back up, they are U21 players.

If we stick with the same formation then only De Gea and Evans are first choice.

If we switch to 4-3-3 then only De Gea is our first choice.

Janko, James, Keane, Vermijl, Powell, Anderson, Hernandez are not even back up players. U21s and fringe players who will be gone.

Well, yeah.

Over last 2 years you've blown what, 200m on new signings? With that kind of money and solid core of young players that was already there, its kind of mind-blowing just how **** this squad still is.

De Gea, Rafae, Rojo, Evans, Jones, Smalling, Shaw, Herrera, Januzaj, Mata, Rooney, RVP, Welbeck, Fellaini, Di Maria are not ****.

Point is we haven't played with our first choice team at all. In both games we missed more than half of our first choice players and our summer signings have barely played.

De Gea, Rafae, Rojo, Evans, Jones, Smalling, Shaw, Herrera, Januzaj, Mata, Rooney, RVP, Welbeck, Fellaini, Di Maria are not ****.

Point is we haven't played with our first choice team at all. In both games we missed more than half of our first choice players and our summer signings have barely played.

Fellaini, when at CM, seems bad. He seems to be at his best in the hole behind the striker. But anyhow, yeah, you're essentially right. Our first team is still good. Problem is, Evans, Rafael, Jones, Smalling, RvP are injury prone, and even when all are fit, fitting them all into a proper, cohesive team while plugging out weaknesses is still a headache.

Well thankfully I missed the MK Dons match (was at a "local" CL qualification match, enjoying the Cypriot team APOEL totally destroying the Danish champions AAB tho I was getting updated about it) but I think Ive been proven correct that not only do we not have sufficient class back ups, some of our "first teamers" such as Chicha are (no longer) of sufficient class. Also Ive been saying that blooding in too many youngsters together and/or when team is not doing well is counterproductive as it destroys their confidence when it should be doing the opposite. Talking about confidence it makes me think that old Davey last year hurt us even more than we thought as its obvious that class players dont become dross from one season to the next and last year obviously destroyed our confidence much more than we thought.

Also going into matches (against anyone let alone the top teams) with a defensive triumvirate of Rojo plus two of Jones/Smalling/Evans is SCARY !!!!!!!!!!!

Well thankfully I missed the MK Dons match (was at a "local" CL qualification match, enjoying the Cypriot team APOEL totally destroying the Danish champions AAB tho I was getting updated about it) but I think Ive been proven correct that not only do we not have sufficient class back ups, some of our "first teamers" such as Chicha are (no longer) of sufficient class. Also Ive been saying that blooding in too many youngsters together and/or when team is not doing well is counterproductive as it destroys their confidence when it should be doing the opposite. Talking about confidence it makes me think that old Davey last year hurt us even more than we thought as its obvious that class players dont become dross from one season to the next and last year obviously destroyed our confidence much more than we thought.

Also going into matches (against anyone let alone the top teams) with a defensive triumvirate of Rojo plus two of Jones/Smalling/Evans is SCARY !!!!!!!!!!!

Keane's development was stunted last season by going out on loan. He'd had some matches in the cups the previous season, should have slowly been blooded into the team/ But no matter what, losing 0-4 to MK Dons is unacceptable, unless and until we were fielding 11 new trialists.

But LvG recently stated that we could be shifting to a different formation with di Maria's arrival, hopefully that's true. In all the brouhaha of the 3-5-2, it remains forgotten that LvG's main formation used to be 4-3-3, even for Netherlands, before Strootman got injured.. Probably one of Rooney or RvP will get dropped, but I'm guessing we could shift to a 4-3-3 for our next match, with Rooney starting, and RvP sub, along with Mata on the left and di Maria on the right (depending on his match fitness). Herrera, Fletcher and someone else will have to do for CM until Carrick is fit.

Or LvG may decide to give 3-5-2 one last try, who knows//

LVG is making Moyes reign look impressive at the moment. Maybe United should tempt SAF back out of retirement at this rate.

LVG is making Moyes reign look impressive at the moment. Maybe United should tempt SAF back out of retirement at this rate.

Gah! Stop with the over-reaction (not just aimed at you, in general also). Moyes' problem was that he seemed to be tactically naive at United, had absolutely stupid press conferences and played unnecessarily defensive football, which completely demoralised the squad.

On the other hand, the last thing anyone can call LvG is tactically naive. Look at the realities - so many of our first teamers injured, we're playing with Young and Valencia as our key wingbacks. Our best CMs are injured, leading to our strikers not being able to play to their maximum. Even LvG has stated this amount of injury crisis is the worst he has ever faced in his career.

Things will get better once our first teamers return from injury. And ffs, LvG is not tactically stubborn. He's egoistical and stubborn, not suicidal. He's not even using his preferred 4-3-3// And we've just got di Maria into the squad also, with the window still open (plus Rojo). So there is still time to set things right.

Nothing I've seen till date has made me wish Moyes would be back, mainly because we haven't even seen our main, starting 11 till date.

Also. LvG is not a god (a la Ferguson). Fergie had this sort of magic genius where he could anything with anyone. LvG will come good, he just needs time and players to be fit enough.

I still repeat, this doesn't excuse the 0-4 loss to M K Dons, but if fans are already clamouring for LvG's head, then god help us//

its alot of wages to be spent if you rest either rooney or rvp on the bench. could line up like this in a 433 as the middle and front 3

rooney - rvp - di maria
.............mata
.........herrera carrick

A couple more points about last nights match:

- Why exactly were players rested last nite? Its not as if we have CL matches to contend with.
-How can you have people such as Chicha etc on the ouster and then call upon them to perform ...? I know people will retort with something like "if they play well then we ll think twice about letting them go" but in psychology it doesnt always work like that.

A couple more points about last nights match:

- Why exactly were players rested last nite? Its not as if we have CL matches to contend with.

Think it's more due to the fact that we have a match on Saturday, and LvG wants first teamers completely fit and buzzing to atleast get a win before international break// Plus, I guess less importance given to Capital One Cup..

When you've spent a lot of money over the last year there shouldn't be glaringly weaknesses in the team and the fact of the matter is, our central midfield still needs additions and so does our Centre Back, we have no natural leader here and no one commanding enough, I'm missing Vidic already. You think the **** mistakes of last night would of happened with someone like Vidic in the team? Not a chance. Especially to happen 4 times.

In short: - We need CM. CB and better cover for Full-Back positions, this is just obvious weaknesses still. I really hope we push for Vidal.

The money we've blown over the years on average players who we now can't get rid of is really telling and damaging us, we need them out the door, James Wilson looked twice the player of Hernandez.

Back