The Manchester United Thread

Like I said apart from De Gea and Evans none will be first team players.

Evans was one of the worst on the pitch, yet our first team defence is built around... him? Ok.

Supposedly he's the only leader we have in the back line as well... I don't think he's a commanding/leading CB at all.

Does any attacker fear Evans? No.

In retrospect maybe, but at the time the consensus was that he looked pretty impressive. If you want, I can dig out all the articles, blogs, and posts on this very forum that were positive about him, and thought he was going to be the next great United winger.

Dunno what consensus you re talking about. The only thing I will concede you on him is that in English and English players are always overrated by the English. But he was decent at best and at the time I may not have been in this forum but i was screaming against purchasing him and there were a lot of people who agreed. Plus at the time we had a number of good wingers and didnt really need him ...

Evans was one of the worst on the pitch, yet our first team defence is built around... him? Ok.

Supposedly he's the only leader we have in the back line as well... I don't think he's a commanding/leading CB at all.

Does any attacker fear Evans? No.

Evans is the best we will have this season. Others are just not available. Can complain all we want about wanting a better CB, but good, reasonably experienced CB simply are not available on the market atm.

Evans is the best we will have this season. Others are just not available. Can complain all we want about wanting a better CB, but good, reasonably experienced CB simply are not available on the market atm.

Benatia went for 28m euros to Bayern.... bargain.

If we can break the bank for Angel Di Maria, we should do it for a CB. Or just go for someone younger but with that personality of a presence and leadership... Inigo Martinez.

Dunno what consensus you re talking about. The only thing I will concede you on him is that in English and English players are always overrated by the English. But he was decent at best and at the time I may not have been in this forum but i was screaming against purchasing him and there were a lot of people who agreed. Plus at the time we had a number of good wingers and didnt really need him ...

Erm... like who? Young joined in 2011. At that time, we only had Valencia and Nani as first team pure wingers.

If we can break the bank for Angel Di Maria, we should do it for a CB. Or just go for someone younger but with that personality of a presence and leadership... Inigo Martinez.

Benatia wasn't interested in joining us. The moment Bayern entered the fray, it was over. Inigo Martinez, however, is a possibility, I grant you//

Benatia wasn't interested in joining us. The moment Bayern entered the fray, it was over. Inigo Martinez, however, is a possibility, I grant you//

If we had of put an offer of 30m euros+ Bayern would of been out of the equation (they weren't willing to go any higher) and Roma would of wanted the most money suitor.

And this is the most depressing thing Ive seen today cos its true ...

If we had of put an offer of 30m euros+ Bayern would of been out of the equation (they weren't willing to go any higher) and Roma would of wanted the most money suitor.

He didnt want to come he wanted CL footy I think. But generally I agree with you. Last night proved that money talks.

And that's completely false. Just about everybody on the pitch was supposed to be first team contender.

The ****?

Hernandez will be sold. Welbeck could be sold. Kagawa was crocked after 10mins. Powell is going out on loan. Anderson will be sold. Janko was making his debut. Vermijl was making his debut. Keane was out on loan last year. Evans should be first team. James' first season as being seen as anywhere near the senior squad. De Gea is first team. Pereira was making his debut. Wilson was making his 2nd appearance. Januzaj was poor. Pereira and Wilson were the only young ones to do themselves justice.

And speaking of which, I've seen no rumours that Inigo Martinez is available for sale on the market// Also, factor in the fact that it'll take him sometime to adjust, w/o a pre-season, and Sociedad have no time to find a replacement, that I don't think he'll be sold (unless he has a low RC)

The ****?

Hernandez will be sold. Welbeck could be sold. Kagawa was crocked after 10mins. Powell is going out on loan. Anderson will be sold. Janko was making his debut. Vermijl was making his debut. Keane was out on loan last year. Evans should be first team. James' first season as being seen as anywhere near the senior squad. De Gea is first team. Pereira was making his debut. Wilson was making his 2nd appearance. Januzaj was poor. Pereira and Wilson were the only young ones to do themselves justice.

So becaause someone was injured, or poor, or may be sold, that makes them not a first team contender at this point?

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Not.

And speaking of which, I've seen no rumours that Inigo Martinez is available for sale on the market// Also, factor in the fact that it'll take him sometime to adjust, w/o a pre-season, and Sociedad have no time to find a replacement, that I don't think he'll be sold (unless he has a low RC)

My point is, we have the money, if you pay the money you get the player.

Another alternative but a costly one would be Jan Vertonghen, this lad is pure class, I'd pay a ton for him, still young and has practically everything we'd want of a CB.

Is he "available" no, but with the money we can offer Levy would be interested eventually. Kind of like the Vidal situation I think, Juventus couldn't turn down a big offer.

Alot of Vidal rumours about... by English press as well

Vidal rumours are intensifying a lot, but are mostly smoke, no fire. I doubt Juve would want to sell this late in the window, no time to find a replacement (rumours of Guarin off to Zenit). Also, selling him could probably cause Allegri to antagonize fans.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be gleeful if it happens, since I was advocating Vidal over di Maria, but don't think it'll happen. Also, strong chance of another Hargreaves situation, considering his knee niggles still exist due to Juve haste.

Have I got something wrong, but Van Gaal said yesterday that he will not buy more players, didn't he? So why is there like 930903903 rumours about us signing that & that.

Back