The Manchester United Thread

I'd be happier once he gets rid of the deadwood and the players who clearly ain't going to cut it, get it down to about 21/22 players from now till the end of jan window.

Just have to be a bit patient guys, we will have a few more bad days coming up in the near future, till he has implemented what he wants at the club and with the team. Keep calm guys all will be fine. :)

And if it does not improve then what? Same was said about Moyes getting his approach across. Regardless if LVG has had slow starts at other clubs. Football has changed and fans do not have time to wait for better results.

I'd be happier once he gets rid of the deadwood and the players who clearly ain't going to cut it, get it down to about 21/22 players from now till the end of jan window.
Agree mate. With our lack of fixtures about 44 I think IF we get to FA CUP final, our squad is far to big. Get rid of deadwood and bring 2 or 3 more in.

And if it does not improve then what? Same was said about Moyes getting his approach across. Regardless if LVG has had slow starts at other clubs. Football has changed and fans do not have time to wait for better results.
thing is moyes was not cut out for it we where all willing to give him a chance but the job was too big for yet lvg has won things with big clubs

I was surprised the competition was not taken a little more seriously. Yes it is a smaller competition but when you are not in Europe it makes sense to go for it

Especially considering now you only have the Premier League and FA Cup

What a load of tosh! Nothing ever changed under Moyes for us in anyway, yes he had a so called better start but there was no direction or nothing and it went down hill fast. LVG has come in bought some good players to fit a system and direction for future. If it was you then in charge you would have sacked him by now then? :O

I was surprised the competition was not taken a little more seriously. Yes it is a smaller competition but when you are not in Europe it makes sense to go for it

He could not mate due to risking more players getting injured. We already have 11 players unavailable for some reason or another.

What a load of tosh! Nothing ever changed under Moyes for us in anyway, yes he had a so called better start but there was no direction or nothing and it went down hill fast. LVG has come in bought some good players to fit a system and direction for future. If it was you then in charge you would have sacked him by now then? :O

Read what I put. I said What If. I have not called for his head on platter. How long will you put up with bad results is what I am getting at to get his ideas across. You might be someone who can wait for the turnaround but as football has changed so much there will be mumblings within the next few months if he can't turn it around.

Read what I put. I said What If. I have not called for his head on platter. How long will you put up with bad results is what I am getting at to get his ideas across. You might be someone who can wait for the turnaround but as football has changed so much there will be mumblings within the next few months if he can't turn it around.
There will always be fans unhappy i understand this. I will give him the time he needs, he has always said that it could take up to 3 months for things to start clicking. He would have told the board his plans and direction, and they seem to be ok with what he has said he will deliver.

He would have told the board his plans and direction, and they seem to be ok with what he has said he will deliver.

Just like every other manager who takes a job on until the vision does not happen. Only time will tell but managers do not have time anymore when the average Prem job is now between one and a half to two years max.

Let us all remember Fergie didn't start his winning ways for a while at United and if we had the same mentallity that we do now back then we would not have what we have now. Give LVG a chance, and prove we are not like the other big rich clubs who swaps a manager more times than a kid swaps his pokemon cards on the playground.

Just like every other manager who takes a job on until the vision does not happen. Only time will tell but managers do not have time anymore when the average Prem job is now between one and a half to two years max.
Our board will give him time im sure of that.

Nobody wants europa league it's champions league or bust.

Let us all remember Fergie didn't start his winning ways for a while at United and if we had the same mentallity that we do now back then we would not have what we have now. Give LVG a chance, and prove we are not like the other big rich clubs who swaps a manager more times than a kid swaps his pokemon cards on the playground.

That was before United were the club they are today. Directors and chairman had more time to give managers that luxury. The game has moved on. If you are not making the Champions League for the next two years then do you think the Glazers will be as lenient as back as the clubs were in the eighties.

Like Joel said earlier, LvG has a serious track record of slow starts. What you guys really need is someone to have an exceptional year and drag the team to a respectable finish, similar to what Robben did for him his first year at Bayern.

That was before United were the club they are today. Directors and chairman had more time to give managers that luxury. The game has moved on. If you are not making the Champions League for the next two years then do you think the Glazers will be as lenient as back as the clubs were in the eighties.
like the glazers give a **** there making money hand over fist even with out cl

like the glazers give a **** there making money hand over fist even with out cl

If they are not making the CL very often then thats a massive amount of revenue lost as will be big sponsorship deals in years to come. Jeez you really dont know much do you. As I put you in your place in the Chelsae thread you keep coming back for more.

If they are not making the CL very often then thats a massive amount of revenue lost as will be big sponsorship deals in years to come. Jeez you really dont know much do you. As I put you in your place in the Chelsae thread you keep coming back for more.
how have you put me in my place

Come on guys lets not start arguing and wasting like 20 pages going round in circles! Lets look forward to Burnley game and seeing Di Mara,Rojo,Herrera,RVP,Rooney,Mata on the pitch at the same time. Maybe some new signings to :)

Back