The Manchester United Thread

My point is, we have the money, if you pay the money you get the player.

Another alternative but a costly one would be Jan Vertonghen, this lad is pure class, I'd pay a ton for him, still young and has practically everything we'd want of a CB.

Is he "available" no, but with the money we can offer Levy would be interested eventually. Kind of like the Vidal situation I think, Juventus couldn't turn down a big offer.

Really? Daniel Levy? If you're willing to pay the price of di Maria for Vertonghen? Sure. Daniel Levy isn't exactly known for easy negotiations, and hates selling to rival teams.

And Vertonghen worth 50 Million? Don't think so. Not at all.

So becaause someone was injured, or poor, or may be sold, that makes them not a first team contender at this point?

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Not.
It does make sense. Players who are on TL usually don't play any role in the club, except in Carling Cup against lower league team. And they showed why they are on TL.

Really? Daniel Levy? If you're willing to pay the price of di Maria for Vertonghen? Sure. Daniel Levy isn't exactly known for easy negotiations, and hates selling to rival teams.

And Vertonghen worth 50 Million? Don't think so. Not at all.

Would you say that at the end of the season if we didn't get top 4?

Would you say that at the end of the season if we didn't get top 4?

Yes I would. You're setting a dangerous precedent for the future if you're crazily overpaying on EVERY transfer you make. Negotiating with teams will become even more difficult, which I'm not sure Woody can handle. di Maria? Understandable, WORLD CLASS. Herrera - RC. Vertonghen? Just because.

Overpay on transfers? Yes, it happens? Crazily overpay on transfer? Lesser it happens, the better please. To give you perspective, rumours about Hummels were 30 Million.

Yes I would. You're setting a dangerous precedent for the future if you're crazily overpaying on EVERY transfer you make. Negotiating with teams will become even more difficult, which I'm not sure Woody can handle. di Maria? Understandable, WORLD CLASS. Herrera - RC. Vertonghen? Just because.

Vertonghen is quality and sadly we lack quality in the heart of our team, Central Defence and Central Midfield. This is the spine of the team and we simply don't have one, I think if we don't sign someone, particularly a Central Midfielder, we won't make top 4.

Vertonghen is quality and sadly we lack quality in the heart of our team, Central Defence and Central Midfield. This is the spine of the team and we simply don't have one, I think if we don't sign someone, particularly a Central Midfielder, we won't make top 4.

See, I agree with you on that point. But you also have to face the fact that sometimes players won't be available, unless at ludicrous prices. And I do mean ludicrous, if you're including anything from Tottenham there..

See, I agree with you on that point. But you also have to face the fact that sometimes players won't be available, unless at ludicrous prices. And I do mean ludicrous, if you're including anything from Tottenham there..

Yes but we badly need these players, I don't think we're in a position to make excuses. Another season without CL and we'll find it even harder, there is players available if you want them hard enough and pay enough money, that's basically my point.

Vidal won't be cheap and it's a risk, but how much do we really want him? Enough to pay £34m on someone with a potential dodgy knee and hasn't played 90 minutes for god knows how long.

I'd love Vidal, but in all seriousness this transfer worries me, has Hargreaves written all over it, we should perhaps look for a more ambitious option, it won't take much to be better than Cleverley & Anderson & even Fletcher for that matter. But we need a certain type of CM, an enforcer someone who can control the middle of the pitch and they are rare.

But having said all this, even someone like James McCarthy would be an improvement on most of our Central Midfielders.

So becaause someone was injured, or poor, or may be sold, that makes them not a first team contender at this point?

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Not.

It's unfair to judge Shinji on 10 minutes, was the point. I only mentioned Januzaj being poor.

If Anderson is not sold, he has Herrera, Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley, Di Maria, Fellaini ahead of him, but aye, he's first team.

Welbeck is a good player, he can't carry the attack by himself when no one else can make 3 yard passes. Wilson will move ahead of Hernandez.

And even if we assume half of them are anywhere near the first team, it's games like these where you impress - how do you think that's gone for them?

Fact is, if we sign a new mid and defender, I can make two different first XIs using about 2 players that played last night. Considering LVG has said he'll use a squad of about 20 players - no, these players are nowhere near the first team. Stop talking bollocks, please?

Evans was one of the worst on the pitch, yet our first team defence is built around... him? Ok.

Supposedly he's the only leader we have in the back line as well... I don't think he's a commanding/leading CB at all.

Does any attacker fear Evans? No.

Defense is not built around him. He is not even a sure starter now that we have signed Rojo. He was very poor but 1 game doesn't make or break a player. There were many games where he proved his class.

It's unfair to judge Shinji on 10 minutes, was the point. I only mentioned Januzaj being poor.

If Anderson is not sold, he has Herrera, Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley, Di Maria, Fellaini ahead of him, but aye, he's first team.

Welbeck is a good player, he can't carry the attack by himself when no one else can make 3 yard passes. Wilson will move ahead of Hernandez.

And even if we assume half of them are anywhere near the first team, it's games like these where you impress - how do you think that's gone for them?

Fact is, if we sign a new mid and defender, I can make two different first XIs using about 2 players that played last night. Considering LVG has said he'll use a squad of about 20 players - no, these players are nowhere near the first team. Stop talking bollocks, please?

I did take a few positives, surprisingly, James Wilson looked twice the player of Hernandez in the space of 20 minutes and Andreas Pereira looks a talented player as well, that little shift when he dropped his shoulder past 1/2 MK Dons players and ran into space was magic.

Is the Meltdown still ongoing from last night? Just got in from a shift and a half and cant be arsed to sieve through 100 pages of meltdowns and arguments :P

My point is, we have the money, if you pay the money you get the player.

Another alternative but a costly one would be Jan Vertonghen, this lad is pure class, I'd pay a ton for him, still young and has practically everything we'd want of a CB.

Is he "available" no, but with the money we can offer Levy would be interested eventually. Kind of like the Vidal situation I think, Juventus couldn't turn down a big offer.

Vertonghen h as stated he is happy at Tottenham and is rumoured to turn down an approach from Barcelona. If he has turned them down then United will not be able to get him.

The only Central defender rumoured to be out is Chiriches as he does not fit into Pochettino's plans.

Vertonghen is a stayer no matter how much money you think United can throw at Levy.

Vertonghen h as stated he is happy at Tottenham and is rumoured to turn down an approach from Barcelona. If he has turned them down then United will not be able to get him.

The only Central defender rumoured to be out is Chiriches as he does not fit into Pochettino's plans.

Vertonghen is a stayer no matter how much money you think United can throw at Levy.

Depends how much United are willing to pay - everyone is available at a certain price but it would be silly money and perhaps the biggest sign of desperation was they to sign him

Depends how much United are willing to pay - everyone is available at a certain price but it would be silly money and perhaps the biggest sign of desperation was they to sign him

Vertonghen will be Real Madrid bound within the next two years. There is a reason Levy and Perez have this so called partnership in place.

I did take a few positives, surprisingly, James Wilson looked twice the player of Hernandez in the space of 20 minutes and Andreas Pereira looks a talented player as well, that little shift when he dropped his shoulder past 1/2 MK Dons players and ran into space was magic.

Yeah, Pereira was the only one who could make a pass, and Wilson was the only one trying to make things happen.

But seriously, LVG is a notorious slow starter and we know he has a big mess to sort out. Yet, he's proven his ability wherever he's been, wait and see what else happens before the window closes and have a little faith in him. He knows what he's doing. Last night was a horrendous performance and the players disgraced themselves, but it was still a cup we've never cared about and a team made up mostly of players nowhere near first choice. Don't panic over it.

It's not LVG i'm or others are worried about it's the glaring lack of quality all over the park and the fact they can't even string together some passes.

Last night was well peed! But after calming down I realised it actually meant nothing and was no indication on how the 1st team will do. LVG has always been a little bit of a slow starter, buts that's just how he does things and it always works out. Just have to be a bit patient guys, we will have a few more bad days coming up in the near future, till he has implemented what he wants at the club and with the team. Keep calm guys all will be fine. :)

Back