The Manchester United Thread

Hopefully our next signing is a leader, instead of having a bunch of scared looking school boys on the pitch.

Last edited:
That was before United were the club they are today. Directors and chairman had more time to give managers that luxury. The game has moved on. If you are not making the Champions League for the next two years then do you think the Glazers will be as lenient as back as the clubs were in the eighties.
Yes it was, but now we are the club we are today because faith was put into Fergie then they had every reason to get rid of him. But no he stayed he won and turned us into who we are today. Just because every footy fan is loving this so called "down fall of United" doesn't mean we should switch managers again.
We lost possibly thre worlds greatest manager, our chief exec, a decent proportion of coaches and senior coaches, replaced them with inferior replacemets( all Moyes) and had an aging Evra and Ferdinand. The most important time at the club for decades was summer last year and it was terribly handled by Moyes, Woody, the Glazers and the media didn't help either. We had a squad that was winners under Fergie but 7th under Moyes. Injuries left right and center and no real WC talent. If fans expect LVG or any other manger for that matter to walk in and get it all sorted in a few weeks is no true fan as they clearly don't understand how much there is that needs both time and effort to correct.
We need a solid backroom staff and manager to create a sense of longevity at United as that is how we stayed on top under Fergie for decades. Our ethos is youth development, but that will never work under a system that changes manager and the first sign of trouble.
Plus we don't know how to operate the same way as City and Real Madrid anymore. We won't be able to either becuase the club is not structured like that. Try to change that and we will be battling it out for 7th every year for the next decade.

I always assumed that was the purpose of these threads.

That and when we sign player it's an open invitation for other fans to post how we only signed the player as no one were interested and he is not all that good.

That and when we sign player it's an open invitation for other fans to post how we only signed the player as no one were interested and he is not all that good.

Thats a given for any of the top clubs with rivals.

Amazed that most if not all lads that played last night were in under the fergie regime yet none and i mean zero showed the fight he instilled, gutless players all over and same goes for the sunderland game.

Amazed that most if not all lads that played last night were in under the fergie regime yet none and i mean zero showed the fight he instilled, gutless players all over and same goes for the sunderland game.
You could tell last night that the players know they are not in LVGs plans. Especially the older pros.

Bv0LmZCIUAAXESJ.jpg:large

Basically the same, right?

His agent has apparently been on Sky Italia and said MUFC have had no contact since before World Cup. Sorry to let everyone down.

I wouldn't be too bothered if we pulled someone more ambitious out of nowhere like we did with Rojo, as long as they are good or have potential to be and can do a job straight away.

What I Won't be happy with is if we don't sign another CB or moreso a CM.

His agent has apparently been on Sky Italia and said MUFC have had no contact since before World Cup. Sorry to let everyone down.

I wouldn't be too bothered if we pulled someone more ambitious out of nowhere like we did with Rojo, as long as they are good or have potential to be and can do a job straight away.

What I Won't be happy with is if we don't sign another CB or moreso a CM.
Cant find anything on there site about this!

The only thing Recent i can find on Vidal from Reliable source is Di Marzio tweeted rumours of Vidal agent in England are false, but in Italy things can change quick.

Back