The Manchester United Thread

We have sent scout to watch Martin Odegaard tonight at the at the Viking Stadion. Very highly rated player, been scouted by all the big clubs.

We're a laughing stock now. Linked with ******, second-hand players, unwanted from other top 4 teams, like Obi Mikel, De Jong and now laughably Joe Allen. Spare me, please. How can our midfield, in Cleverly, Anderson, Carrick and Fletcher possibly be so ******* ***** that if they were sold, would go down to Championship level. I honestly don't believe it for a minute. I know Fergie was a God among men, but for **** sake, how did he manage to get THAT midfield to win the league for us.

Mata and Kagawa repositioned to a centre role and we're sorted, in my book.

We're a laughing stock now. Linked with ******, second-hand players, unwanted from other top 4 teams, like Obi Mikel, De Jong and now laughably Joe Allen. Spare me, please. How can our midfield, in Cleverly, Anderson, Carrick and Fletcher possibly be so ******* ***** that if they were sold, would go down to Championship level. I honestly don't believe it for a minute. I know Fergie was a God among men, but for **** sake, how did he manage to get THAT midfield to win the league for us.

Mata and Kagawa repositioned to a centre role and we're sorted, in my book.
We aint been linked with Mikel. And Allen story was rubbish by the papers. Kagawa can not play CM LVG has admitted this. And Mata needs to play wide or as a No10.

Sell Kagawa, Anderson and cleverley and sign Vidal and De Jong with strootman next season if we make 4th, Sorted :)

We aint been linked with Mikel. And Allen story was rubbish by the papers. Kagawa can not play CM LVG has admitted this. And Mata needs to play wide or as a No10.

Why though? Does it not make you question whether or not they're ripping the **** out of you as a manager when they tell you they can't play 10ft behind where they usually do?

Think about it, what is an attacking midfielder anyway? A Midfielder that can go forward, passes the ball forward and can probably score if they are given enough space, right?

So why can't Mata or Kagawa? They always said "Play me in the middle, that's where I am best" but there's no difference. It's not as if there's a defensive role in there, they get the ball and get it forward to a winger or a striker, Simple. They are still playing in the middle. They're just a couple of wankers.

Why though? Does it not make you question whether or not they're ripping the **** out of you as a manager when they tell you they can't play 10ft behind where they usually do?

Think about it, what is an attacking midfielder anyway? A Midfielder that can go forward, passes the ball forward and can probably score if they are given enough space, right?

So why can't Mata or Kagawa? They always said "Play me in the middle, that's where I am best" but there's no difference. It's not as if there's a defensive role in there, they get the ball and get it forward to a winger or a striker, Simple. They are still playing in the middle. They're just a couple of wankers.
I don't understand mate sorry? But its not the same playing as a No10 than as a CM if that's what your getting at?

See, I agree with you on that point. But you also have to face the fact that sometimes players won't be available, unless at ludicrous prices. And I do mean ludicrous, if you're including anything from Tottenham there..

Correct. Our mistake for not moving earlier for crucial positions where we have obvious probs.

In midfield two you need two midfielders who can defend just as good as they can keep the ball and get it forward so no kagawa/mata wouldn't work.

In a three one could work because you would have an anchor type sitting deeper and protecting the back four allowing other two to take up more advanced positions but still that defensive duty is needed from atleast one of them. For eg i think de jong/mata/carrick could work if they all know their roles.

In midfield two you need two midfielders who can defend just as good as they can keep the ball and get it forward so no kagawa/mata wouldn't work.

In a three one could work because you would have an anchor type sitting deeper and protecting the back four allowing other two to take up more advanced positions but still that defensive duty is needed from atleast one of them. For eg i think de jong/mata/carrick could work if they all know their roles.
Carrick,Herrera,Mata with Rooney,RVP,Di Maria in a 433. Or something close to that.

Carrick,Herrera,Mata with Rooney,RVP,Di Maria in a 433. Or something close to that.

If don't sign a midfielder that's what i'd like or even mata from the right and rooney from the left with di maria left sided cm taking up advanced positions and even going into the space rooney leaves when he would cut in, obviosuly we'd need rafael and shaw/rojo fit as they'd be quite key imo.

Back