The Manchester United Thread

So... we're going 4-3-3?

Not necessarily - there is an article on FM (14?) somewhere about the "central winger" as he calls it if memory serves and the guy who wrote it based it on ADM at REAL and pretty much nails what LVG is thinking ... I think. Ill find the link and revert.

Found it - its in THE DUGOUT and called Utilising (or Using) the Central Midfielder but the site wont let me log in to link ...

Last edited:
Why though? Does it not make you question whether or not they're ripping the **** out of you as a manager when they tell you they can't play 10ft behind where they usually do?

Think about it, what is an attacking midfielder anyway? A Midfielder that can go forward, passes the ball forward and can probably score if they are given enough space, right?

No one seems to get what you mean exactly. The best I can do is to separate it into these points, but let me know if I'm wrong.

1. Mata and Kagawa have been **** in the middle.
2. You want to play them in the pivot of midfield? I'm assuming you're playing a 4-2-3-1 or a 3-5-2 to accomodate Rooney, Di Maria
3. When they're playing in the middle, all they need to do is pass it into dangerous positions/shoot/take the ball forwards?
4. Mata and Kagawa aren't doing what AMs should be doing.

That midfield haha, i'd rather jones and cleverley well maybe not cleverley.

Alonso tweeted to Di Maria: Good luck in the future, even if it is at United. That should sum it up

That was just how it was translated, usually it can put it across the wrong way.

I never said it was possible anyway, I just said I'd love him at United. His passing range and how he dictates games from deep is something we've badly lacked since Scholes. Very few players who can do it as well.

I'd have took thiago motta or **** makelele out of retirement just someone who isn't english or currently at the club.

Matic would have been awesome last season but think chelsea had that clause?

Anyone out there in the gilberto silva mould? gem of a player he was and massively underrated.

Mikel would be superb sitting in front of our defence while Mata and Herrera do their thing ahead of him. His creativity is even underrated to me and can be seen when he plays in the national team. Ya I'm Nigerian.

Im shocked by the names that sometimes people come up with in this forum - Mikel has been crappier than **** for at least two seasons.

Back