The Manchester United Thread

Carvalho might end up great but 100% guarantee more days of slating united for spending what he'll cost, if we buy him of course.

Carvalho might end up great but 100% guarantee more days of slating united for spending what he'll cost, if we buy him of course.

Sporting have dropped their price to £24m, not bad at all, if he can reach his undoubted potential.

If woody could pull off a deal for Carvalhothis late into the window and manages to negotiate a deal that would make all 4 parties(MU, 3rd party rights, Lisbon & the player himself) happy, he deserves a ****** award.

If woody could pull off a deal for Carvalhothis late into the window and manages to negotiate a deal that would make all 4 parties(MU, 3rd party rights, Lisbon & the player himself) happy, he deserves a ****** award.

Could have signed him a month back, either it's because they dropped his price or we have failed in other midfield targets and that's why we are back in for him. This possible transfer might go right to the wire.

Could have signed him a month back, either it's because they dropped his price or we have failed in other midfield targets and that's why we are back in for him. This possible transfer might go right to the wire.

It'd be a dream if this transfer turns out to be what Makelele was to Chelsea.. Similarities present.. Defensive midfielder, late in deadline window etc etc..

If Mikel is the level of players we are trying to sign then we have to be realistic and settle for midtable finishes.

God, no John Obi Mikel. Song is preferrable than him :\

Meh. As Subtle pointed out, Mikel just doesn't operate very well in the pivot. But for all we know, he may as well fit right in into 3-5-2, as that doesnt' rely as much on people bombing forward from deep midfield.

Meh. As Subtle pointed out, Mikel just doesn't operate very well in the pivot. But for all we know, he may as well fit right in into 3-5-2, as that doesnt' rely as much on people bombing forward from deep midfield.

See, there you get the crux of it. If we have to take a risk like that on a player fitting onto a system, I'd rather do it on a player who atleast is better than Mikel.

See, there you get the crux of it. If we have to take a risk like that on a player fitting onto a system, I'd rather do it on a player who atleast is better than Mikel.

Yabut that's for LVG to decide whether he fits in the system or not. He's a talented player with a lot of strengths - I don't think its completely fair to judge him basesd on his recent performances in a system where he doesn't fit.

I wonder who we will, or if we will get a midfielder. We might just go with a midfield trio of Fletcher, Herrera and Cleverley until Carrick gets fit. Lucas Silva is probably a more realistic option for January when the Brazilian League gets over/just starts. Plus, work permit issues (Rojo still hasn't been granted one). Carvalho, I doubt will happen in 6 days, but will be brilliant if it does go through.

One frustration is, why didn't Carvalho talks also proceed earlier to some extent if Vidal's knee was indeed that big of a concern. I understand going behind Vidal, I want him more than Carvalho anyday, but since Vidal's knee issues were a problem to the club, Carvalho talks should have also proceeded to some extent by the club. Or maybe they have, and we don't know about it//

If neither happen, I believe Fellaini will get a chance to resurrect his career(?), once he recovers from his injury. If we do go for a 4-3-3, I can see a midfield trio of Carrick/Fletcher, Herrera and Fellaini, which would be an improvement over Cleverley I'm guessing.

Yabut that's for LVG to decide whether he fits in the system or not. He's a talented player with a lot of strengths - I don't think its completely fair to judge him basesd on his recent performances in a system where he doesn't fit.

Could say the same for Anderson, although Anderson is far, far, far worse. :\ But naw, Chelsea will try to milk as much as they can over Mikel, and he'd want a longer contract too, and will have no resale value. A very big risk to be taking on a player, who has been played in a system he doesn't fit, and as a result, been rather bad in the past couple of years.

Back