The Manchester United Thread

Yes - one is **** the other is *******! Have you seen any of his "performances" for Barcelona last season (or the one before that)?!

If I had to pick between Song and Mikel? Song. Barca can make anyone look bad, they made Toure look like **** :\ If Song gets half of his Arsenal form back, he should be decent enough. Plus, more versatile (CM, CDM and CB).

Oh, and this in no way means that I prefer Song. I really dislike both of the options for the club, just stating why I said that earlier statement.

Someone get William Carvalho, please.

If I had to pick between Song and Mikel? Song. Barca can make anyone look bad, they made Toure look like **** :\ If Song gets half of his Arsenal form back, he should be decent enough. Plus, more versatile (CM, CDM and CB).

Oh, and this in no way means that I prefer Song. I really dislike both of the options for the club, just stating why I said that earlier statement.

Someone get William Carvalho, please.

When was was that?! He looked class from the time I first saw him at OLYMPIACOS ...

When was was that?! He looked class from the time I first saw him at OLYMPIACOS ...

I don't exactly remember why it was so, whether due to under-playing, wrong position, wrong instructions or whichever, but the few times that I saw Toure in Barca, I thought he'd regressed some.

We're more likely to go for Carvalho now because Sporting have dropped their price to £24m. At the start of the window they were asking for his release clause which is £37m.

I'd be very happy with Carvalho, the guy is a beast with strength and is touted as the next big thing in Portugal. Some even say he can become better than Matic, which in itself is a huge compliment.

Putting him as the DM in the 4-3-3 and we're laughing. At the moment Fletcher and Cleverley aren't good enough, probably never will be.

We're more likely to go for Carvalho now because Sporting have dropped their price to £24m. At the start of the window they were asking for his release clause which is £37m.

I'd be very happy with Carvalho, the guy is a beast with strength and is touted as the next big thing in Portugal. Some even say he can become better than Matic, which in itself is a huge compliment.

Putting him as the DM in the 4-3-3 and we're laughing. At the moment Fletcher and Cleverley aren't good enough, probably never will be.

Problem is getting it done by the end of the window. And competition from Arsenal.//

Problem is getting it done by the end of the window. And competition from Arsenal.//

Meh, not too bothered about Arsenal, we have a better relationship with his agent Jorge Mendes than most clubs.

Valencia and Juventus made bid for Hernandez.
Valencia are in for Kagawa.
Zaha is moving to Palace on loan.

Congrats to Rooney, this has been a massive year for him, being made captain of both club and country. let us hope this will now motivate him to new hights.

Heh, I got this, and was laughing..

Shredding his legacy at every turn | Football | theguardian.com

Well, The Glazer **** bit was true, but otherwise.. Retrospect, thou art sweet..

The Fergie blaming is getting ridicolous. Too easy to be Captain Hindisight now. But the squad he had worked for him, how was he supposed to know it will deteriorate to such a degree? Its not something you can predict.

More importantly , if the squad worked, how on earth was he going to convince the Glazers for the transfer money? They're only willing to open their wallet now, when everything went to ****. I seriously doubt that was the case during Fergie's reign. People act like he didn't ijvest enough, but there's no way he had funds avalaible on the level similar to Moyes and LVG. The man was a trophy addict, had he have 200m just lying around for signings, he would ******* go and spend it.

The Fergie blaming is getting ridicolous. Too easy to be Captain Hindisight now. But the squad he had worked for him, how was he supposed to know it will deteriorate to such a degree? Its not something you can predict.

More importantly , if the squad worked, how on earth was he going to convince the Glazers for the transfer money? They're only willing to open their wallet now, when everything went to ****. I seriously doubt that was the case during Fergie's reign. People act like he didn't ijvest enough, but there's no way he had funds avalaible on the level similar to Moyes and LVG. The man was a trophy addict, had he have 200m just lying around for signings, he would ******* go and spend it.

I know. And I agree.. When we should have invested big time in promising youth, we just didn't as much. Sad. And Fergie blaming? I think zzeezzy was the only one blaming Fergie per se..

Nah we had the money even under fergie, gill pretty much said this for 3 summers straight fergie just had a reluctance to splash the cash and always used the no value in the market line (even though young nearly 20m) . It worked for the great man though he got great seasons out of average players and as poor as our signings were over the last 5-6 years he still made it work.

Last edited:

I see what you are saying and the Fergie blaming IS getting ridiculous (real Utd fans should NEVER forget what he has given us) but at the same time we cannot totally turn a blind eye to the fact that our midfield lacks real class and that has been glaring for many seasons now. So he should bear some blame for stuff.

I see what you are saying and the Fergie blaming IS getting ridiculous (real Utd fans should NEVER forget what he has given us) but at the same time we cannot totally turn a blind eye to the fact that our midfield lacks real class and that has been glaring for many seasons now. So he should bear some blame for stuff.

Well, he never felt it, or let it affect much. And if rumours are anything to go by, then when he left, I think there were agreements in principle already for Strootman and Thiago (or something to that effect). So if they are anything to go by, he didn't leave it in tatters. Ofc, then Moyes comes by and rejects both :\

LVG pretty much confirming in press conference there shall be depatures and new signings (he's hoping anyway) before deadline.

Rojo still not got his permit and Herrera still out injured.... Tom Cleverley and Darren Fletcher again... more dropped points likely.

LVG pretty much confirming in press conference there shall be depatures and new signings (he's hoping anyway) before deadline.

Departures should free up some wages, but as long as there is one signing (a good CM), it should be good enough. For CB, we can go all out next season, a proper defensive CM should be able to shield the defence to an extent too, if we go 4-3-3.

Back