The Manchester United Thread

Lets not go into this whole FFP thing again... it was bad enough with Alcaraz. >.<

Adam Crafton saying Welbeck,Cleverley,Anderson,Powell could all be gone tomorrow. And Ducker saying it will be long day for Falcao #City#UTD#Ars

Kroos has looked so slow in Madrid colours, it's almost scary.

Kroos is a devastaing Rolls Royce type player, best with enegertic players around him. Di Maria a perfect partner actually

Been out and bout. Can't see Falcao. I'm going to be busy at work so will miss the deadline day madness.
Maybe a good thing LOL. I had some days to get in so will be off and witnessing the madness. Falcao is a strange one but we could be down to 2-3 Str after tomorrow with 1 reportedly needing surgery.

Weird. 3 months to do your business and you've left it all to the final 24 hours. Won't be the only club though. *cough* QPR *cough*

Weird. 3 months to do your business and you've left it all to the final 24 hours. Won't be the only club though. *cough* QPR *cough*

Tbf we've done most, if not all the ins. Still some outs because somehow we have found buyers for the likes of cleverley. Blind is the last planned one. Anything else is a reaction to the market

I dont even know what Falcao is though. IMO, Woodward has got giddy over all the recent movement, thinks he's on a roll an has got really over excited.

Been 6/7 years since my short pro career ended and at least 4 years since i last kicked a ball in any sort of organised football (i am discounting the FM Base 5 a side get togethers) and i've certainly never played in defence - was a goalie when i played 'good' football and finished my days playing no.10 in Sunday league slop.

BUT. After all the mess I have seen so far I am seriously considering digging out my boots and heading down to Carrington for an impromptu trial. Blackett? Keane? Who are these clowns?!

On a serious note, the defence will improve slowly, and in my opinion will revert to a back 4 pretty soon. Jones, Rojo, Smalling and Evans is hardly world class but solid enough choices for 2 CB roles with a top GK behind them. Even if Jones and Smalling have stalled in their development i don't see many bugs when fit and played in a proper formation. I don't have many worries about the full backs aside from strength in depth, i can see 'fill in' roles for Rojo/Smalling/Jones/Blind at points this season.

I would love to see a solid back 3 with Rafael and Luke Shaw given license to raid down the flanks, but i honestly don't think English players can grasp the style and i don't think it suits the league. It might be an option in Europe if LVG ever makes it there.

The attack also doesn't worry me too much, again aside from strength in depth. Rooney is Rooney, RVP continues to threaten the treatment table but when fit there are few better pairings. Welbeck and especially Hernandez leaving worries me. Falcao in? Can't see it personally but something needs to happen if any forwards leave tomorrow.

In the midfield? What a mess! Di Maria yes, undoubted world class talent and in the post Gareth Bale market i reckon we didn't pay too far over the odds for someone with age on his side. But, with Mata, Di Maria, Herrera, Rooney all vying to pull the strings, what of the golden boy Januzaj? I would love to see more of that Brazilian lad Pereira who came on against MK Dons but he seems well down the pecking order.

Van Gaal has sensibly admitted defeat in his quest to squeeze a world record amount number of no.10's into a squad by letting Kagawa go back to Germany. Bittersweet for me as i will enjoy watching him thrive again at Dortmund but i wish he had been given a fair crack under at least one of the 3 united managers he has played under.

We have versatility, Januzaj, Di Maria and Mata (sort of) can play wider as well as centrally in the coveted 10 role, giving us plenty of wide options when you include Young and Valencia who both need to buck their ideas up.

Centrally we need a big signing in the box to box role to add gloss to a solid enough group of Herrera/Fletcher/Carrick, backed up by whatever slop out of Cleverley, Anderson and Fellaini stays. Personally i don't think that big signing will be Vidal, and nor should it. He hasn't played 90 minutes for a very long time, shelling out big for another Owen Hargreaves would be a disaster.

It could have been Fabregas, could have been Kroos. Carvalho? Freddy Guarin? Plenty of targets seem to have slipped by. We should have been all over Xabi Alonso like a cheap suit but (rightly so) i imagine he wants to finish his career in the champions league.

This leaves the spectre of Vidal on deadline day looming. I don't think it will happen and personally don't think it's the right call to go for him, i suspect Van Gaal feels the same or would have made his move already. I can see Herrera and Carrick being asked to play with restraint (hardly gung ho players, and yes Carrick sits deep nicely, intercepts and passes well but neither player is truly defensively minded) with Januzaj or Di Maria alongside them in a midfield 3.

Can't help but think things would be a whole lot rosier if the squad still boasted the names of 2 players that Fergie failed to keep hold of. Messrs Pogba and Pique.

Come on ed woodward give us a midfielder and we go wild wild wild.

Shocking i know :)

Just saw this..
The Peoples Person Manchester United signing Radamel Falcao for €65m on four year deal - reports - The Peoples Person

The heck? We're actually going for Falcao? If we were willing to go this crazy in spending, really should have gone ALL OUT in trying to get Hummels before he was made captain. Throw in an offer of around 45-50 Million + Smalling, and I don't think Dortmund would have rejected. High price? Yes. But for one of the best defenders at present, who is actually comfortable enough on the ball to suit LvG's 3-4-1-2.

But I guess I'd be gleeful with Falcao. RvP's injury problems notwithstanding, LvG deciding to go the Fergie way when he bought RvP? If opponent scores 4 goals, I want the firepower to score 5-6? xD

I still doubt Falcao will happen, I've not seen us spend this much from a long, long, long time, but guess we'll know by the end of the day. Will be missing Deadline Day due to work though :\

Morning guys. Happy Deadline Day. Went to bed with Falcao in 3 way race wake up and theres about 15 different sources saying its us that are faves on Redcafe. Whats the deal guys a lot happened in 4 hrs sleep. Also seen tom Lawrence could be going on loan to Leicester for 1st team experience. And we could be signing GK Kennteh Vermeer or Sergio Romero.

Back