The Manchester United Thread

Goodluck to danny even if i think he has moaned or not been happy for well over a year all because he wanted to be the main man but yeah hope he does decent i guess.

Brilliant, signed Falcao, no number yet, should be announced in the next few days after he has talked to LVG. Fee around 5-6 mill, managed to sell Welbeck for 16mill. Even better we managed to stick it to Arsenal as they really will be kicking themselves for not picking him up. I think we have the best attacking side in the world bar Real Madrid and
ALL HAIL WOODY!!!
and to think everyone including some united fans were knocking woody earlier in the window.

Confirmed. ***** out.

Woody's performance this window makes me wonder what the **** really happened last summer. He pretty much went from worst window ever , to best window ever, within a year. There's gotta be more to this then just him gaining some transfer experience.

Confirmed. ***** out.

Woody's performance this window makes me wonder what the **** really happened last summer. He pretty much went from worst window ever , to best window ever, within a year. There's gotta be more to this then just him gaining some transfer experience.

Davey Moyes.

still need a cb and a cm lets see what jan brings or next summer and no more of this deadline day bullshit

Good Lord.

This season will be entertaining if nothing else.

Di Maria
Falcao
Rooney
RVP
Mata
Januzaj

Is a serious set of options for the final third. Pace perhaps limited to Falcao (knee permitting) and Di Maria but more than enough movement, passing, trickery and touch to tear apart any defence.

Are Blind and Rojo enough to paper over the cracks at the other end of the field? I still feel a fully fit back 4 of Rafael, Jones/Evans/Rojo and Shaw is fairly solid, but hopefully it won't matter too much if the 6 i've named above fire on all cylinders.

Last edited:
Good Lord.

This season will be entertaining if nothing else.

Di Maria
Falcao
Rooney
RVP
Mata
Januzaj

Is a serious set of options for the final third. Pace perhaps limited to Falcao (knee permitting) and Di Maria but more than enough movement, passing, trickery and touch to tear apart any defence.

Are Blind and Rojo enough to paper over the cracks at the other end of the field? I still feel a fully fit back 4 of Rafael, Jones/Evans/Rojo and Shaw is fairly solid, but hopefully it won't matter too much if the 6 i've named above fire on all cylinders.

Problems still lie therein with right back. Given Rafael can be solid on his day, it's permitting a) injuries, and b) occasionally consistency. He can be rash, often times curtailed by Rio/Vidic harrowing at him to get back in line with the defence.

I've thought for some time now that we have needed a right back. I'm not convinced by Valencia being there. Only as a stop-gap. As for the attack, I am both excited and miffed. Mata should thrive with an attack as powerful as this. Whether playing oft-centre or behind the main forward. He hasn't been at his best, and it is time that he has shown it. Rooney - I don't understand a lot of the criticism, but I digress to fight it at this point, and will just watch his season unfold.

We'll definitely find the net consistently, but whether everyone can click is the question for me.

Rafael is just so...unreliable. Watch a highlight montage and he'll look like best full back on the planet. But if you really analyze it, there's always either injury, pointless red card or occasional simple error staining his season.

As a full back I feel you gotta be rock solid first, and everything else is a bonus. When I look at guys like Lahm or Zabaleta, they barely ever have a bad game. That's world class.

Ogden who reported Falcao wages as 350K is now reporting it as 260K.

Btw what a transfer window we had. We will need a CM but not everything can be fixed in 1 window. This is just a build in progress.

Departures
Welbeck
Kagawa
Buttner
Bebe
Evra
Vidic
Rio Ferdinand
Macheda
Giggs
Lawrence

Out on loan:
Hernandez
Nani
Zaha
Henriquez
Powell
Keane

Disappointed that Welbeck and Kagawa left but at least Kagawa had to. His career was going nowhere.

I'm happy with the loan deals, Powell and Keane getting PL loan deal is a very very good deal for us. Nani's transfer fee can only increase if he plays well and I'm assuming Hernandez deal has obligatory buy clause. Likewise happy to see Zaha going back to Palace on loan, it's very important that he plays regularly and Palace can offer that.

On the incoming deals, very happy with our deals. Overpaid surely but who cares, better to have players on the field than money in the bank.

Shaw, Herrera, Rojo, Di Maria, Blind, Falcao. I would have called you troll if you said ManUtd will sign Di Maria and Falcao. We signed 3 players in a week.

So in this window we have signed a CB, LB, DM, CM, Winger(CM), striker. That's a fantastic window, would have been perfect had we signed 1 very good DM.

People are deluding themselves if they think we haven't addressed midfield issue after signing Blind, Herrera and Di Maria.

De gea

Smalling jones rojo
rafael Shaw

blind herria

Di maria

Rooney falcao

looks like a team you would buy on FIFA or football manager. Love it. All hail ed Woodward. Thought we might have gone for Ron vlaar but always January. Strootman in jan also would be awesome. Only negative is tom sideways cleverley staying. He should get as close to the 1st team as I do.

My biggest disappointment is Welbeck leaving, of all clubs, to Arsenal. Still feel we could have kept him, considering RvP will be out due to injury, Falcao is back from a LT injury, and Rooney is looking lost. And to Arsenal? Why, dammit, why? Intense dislike of Wenger aside, he'll fulfill the role they need, relentless running, and bringing other, better finishers into play.

And for only 15 Million? To Arsenal? ****. I'm just praying this horrible decision doesn't come back to bite us later on.. :\ Even more than Cleverley staying, this is a bigger disappointment for me >.<

Would love to see us lining up like this.

ManUtdsunil-formation-tactics.png

Rooney either as advanced CM or as a winger, or Di Maria as we need pace out wide.

Back